• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

Hi there :) 

One thing I often wonder is HOW did each of us find Worthy in our search on the internet. I see new people joining all the time and it is encouraging to see. 

:coffee:

I was actually looking for a place where I could interact with other Christian writers.  It has been a great place to meet other Christians, whether writers or not, as each person contributes and shares from his/her own experience and viewpoint.

Look forward to reading about your experience :) 

Long Road Ahead.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Teditis

I live a life that's pretty much isolated... I don't socialize well and rarely leave my house. Still, I desired connection with people

so I decided to look online for fellowship. I tried secular chat-rooms and even dating sites and Pen-Pal sites but none of them

seemed to fill any spiritual longing that I was looking for.

Anyway, I used a Search-Engine (Bing) to look specifically for Christian Forum sites with a Chat-room... Bingo, I found Worthy.

Been happy with it, for the most part, ever since.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Great question Annette, as it stirs the memory a bit.   For me, i had many questions that i got answers too, but was not fully satisfied.  I also did not have a home church that i was attending.  I simply typed something to the effect " christian forums"  and browsed what was available and most likely choose this one to give it a try as it also was the first time for me on a christian forum.  Never looked back as it is a great place to ask your questions, read others opinions and general statements and interact with people from all over the world.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

42 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hi there :) 

One thing I often wonder is HOW did each of us find Worthy in our search on the internet. I see new people joining all the time and it is encouraging to see. 

:coffee:

I was actually looking for a place where I could interact with other Christian writers.  It has been a great place to meet other Christians, whether writers or not, as each person contributes and shares from his/her own experience and viewpoint.

Look forward to reading about your experience :) 

Long Road Ahead.jpg

Love the pic, where is that?

Myself I just bumped into it in a random search for Christian messageboards

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

I was looking for work still don't know how I ended up on Worthy but a link appeared and I clicked it that was 2 weeks ago since then I've been on holiday in Spain with Jane and found God at a difficult time in my life 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

I live a life that's pretty much isolated... I don't socialize well and rarely leave my house. Still, I desired connection with people

so I decided to look online for fellowship. I tried secular chat-rooms and even dating sites and Pen-Pal sites but none of them

seemed to fill any spiritual longing that I was looking for.

Anyway, I used a Search-Engine (Bing) to look specifically for Christian Forum sites with a Chat-room... Bingo, I found Worthy.

Been happy with it, for the most part, ever since.

Hi Ted, 

It is interesting to go through and read what people feel comfortable sharing.

I am glad that this has been a place where you can connect with people and still have the comfort of being at home. I love that it is a safe place for us to all be.

It is great to be able to talk people on such a wide range of topics and feel comfortable to be who we are. 

It has been encouraging to see you share with others about the Lord, as well as keep conversation going with everyday life situations that we all face, like drinking coffee or having errands to complete.

I look out for your cheerful icon when you welcome people. 

Blessings :) 

Edited by Annette
Left something out...
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Great question Annette, as it stirs the memory a bit.   For me, i had many questions that i got answers too, but was not fully satisfied.  I also did not have a home church that i was attending.  I simply typed something to the effect " christian forums"  and browsed what was available and most likely choose this one to give it a try as it also was the first time for me on a christian forum.  Never looked back as it is a great place to ask your questions, read others opinions and general statements and interact with people from all over the world.  

Hey Warrior12,

Glad that you were able to take a trip down memory lane this morning. It is sometimes good to do that. Thank you for sharing with us.

It is amazing how things work out, that you found Worthy at a time that you could have given up since you did not have a church home. I love how God comes through for each of us in a unique way. 

I am so glad to read that you have had a lot of questions answered here. 

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Love the pic, where is that?

Myself I just bumped into it in a random search for Christian messageboards

Hi TheMatrixHasU71,

I love pictures of long winding roads. They remind me of life, and how we are all on a journey. It reminds me of some of the roads through the mountains in South Africa.

It has been great reading what people have shared about how they ended up at Worthy. Did you ever watch A-Team, the one team member, used to always say "I love it when a plan comes together".  It is great reading how the team here came together.

Hope you have a great week.

43 minutes ago, Sinbad said:

I was looking for work still don't know how I ended up on Worthy but a link appeared and I clicked it that was 2 weeks ago since then I've been on holiday in Spain with Jane and found God at a difficult time in my life 

Hi Sinbad,

I am so glad that you found Worthy, and even more important that you found God. I am sure that many of us can share hard times that we have been through that have brought us closer to God.

You have such an amazing story! And what's even better is that we are all continuing to grow and learn more about God all the time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hey Warrior12,

Glad that you were able to take a trip down memory lane this morning. It is sometimes good to do that. Thank you for sharing with us.

It is amazing how things work out, that you found Worthy at a time that you could have given up since you did not have a church home. I love how God comes through for each of us in a unique way. 

I am so glad to read that you have had a lot of questions answered here. 

Yeh. You know what.  Some questions you cannot ask at your church as it is either shunned or not entertained.  Here, you get it all and from people who pour their hearts our searching for answers or for confirmations  of events in their lives. There is also good teachers here too who knows the word, spend time in deep learning that we all benefit from, and we can get response and feedback as we pursue our questions .   There is also topics to read through from the past that can keep you on your toes for a long time. Great stuff,  great site.  Thanks to George and his staff for the hard work and for all the participants that make it happen and most of all thank God for his blessings and goodness and patience with us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1