Josah

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Are people being tortured in hell right now or are the souls awaiting the day of judgment? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, Josah said:

Are people being tortured in hell right now or are the souls awaiting the day of judgment? 

People are in Hell undergoing the first phase of God's judgment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Josah said:

Hi there. The souls are awaiting judgement as far as I can determine. Also, to think our Lord would torment eternally is out of character. A quick, consuming fire seems to be the way He will eradicate evil. Otherwise, How could He 'make all things new' if in the distance, over His shoulder, the fires of hell were still tormenting inmates?

From my limited knowledge the following seems to be the best answer:

" Job 21:30-32 gives us a picture about hell and when its fires will burn. Job says, "For the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; they shall be brought out on the day of wrath.” This text along with 2 Peter 3:7 shows that hell is not burning now, but at some date in the future the wicked are reserved and brought forth out of their graves for the day of wrath. John 5:28-29 also conveys the same message, “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.” Again this outlines that the hour is coming in the future, but is not yet, when final condemnation and destruction happens. "     Satan is NOT in charge of hell, God is.

Additionally:

"The cleansing fire brings about a complete eradication of sin. Ezekiel 28:18-19 speaks the following about Satan, "Therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth...And [you] shall be no more forever.” With Satan and all wickedness burned up the Bible says that sin and affliction will not ever arise a second time (Nahum 1:9)."

Source [http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-does-bible-say-about-hell]

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

They're in hell burning as we speak.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Josah said:

God IS Love. He is the Light of Men, the Word. The ONE. In Him there is no shadow of turning. He is GOOD.

Before looking at hell and eternal suffering, it is important to get a solid understanding of who God is as well as His character. The Bible says that God "is" love (1 John 4:16). He is the originator of love and all His actions are directed by love. Jeremiah 31:3 even says, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you.” The Bible clearly states that God doesn’t even enjoy a wicked person’s death. Ezekiel 33:11 says, “...'As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live...For why should you die, O house of Israel?’”
Additionally, 2 Peter 3:9 states that God is merciful to us, not wanting even one single person to die, but that each person would come to repentance. God’s love for humans is everlasting, so how could God torture people forever and yet still love them forever? This just doesn’t make sense. So where does the doctrine of an eternally burning hell come from? How can eternal torture be compatible with a God of love?

Are people suffering in hell right now?

How does a future date of hell show a loving God? Imagine if a man committed adultery thousands of years ago during the time of David. That man never repented and went down the wrong path. Now think about a man who just yesterday also committed the same sin. Would it be fair for the first man to be punished thousands of years more than the man caught in adultery yesterday? How would this be fair? The answer lies in the fact that both men are reserved for judgement (Job 21:30-32 & 2 Peter 3:7). Each man will be punished beginning at the exact same time.
Often it is just as important to see what is NOT written in the Bible as it is to discover what IS written in the Bible. In Romans 6:23, the Bible says that the wages of sin is death. The Bible does not say that the wages of sin is eternal punishment. Also take a look at John 3:16 which says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” This verse talks about two options. One option is to perish, which means to disappear or be destroyed: to cease to exist. The other option is everlasting life. Neither of these two verses talk about everlasting torment.

Same source as first post.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Hi there. The souls are awaiting judgement as far as I can determine. Also, to think our Lord would torment eternally is out of character. A quick, consuming fire seems to be the way He will eradicate evil. Otherwise, How could He 'make all things new' if in the distance, over His shoulder, the fires of hell were still tormenting inmates?

From my limited knowledge the following seems to be the best answer:

" Job 21:30-32 gives us a picture about hell and when its fires will burn. Job says, "For the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; they shall be brought out on the day of wrath.” This text along with 2 Peter 3:7 shows that hell is not burning now, but at some date in the future the wicked are reserved and brought forth out of their graves for the day of wrath. John 5:28-29 also conveys the same message, “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.” Again this outlines that the hour is coming in the future, but is not yet, when final condemnation and destruction happens. "     Satan is NOT in charge of hell, God is.

Additionally:

"The cleansing fire brings about a complete eradication of sin. Ezekiel 28:18-19 speaks the following about Satan, "Therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth...And [you] shall be no more forever.” With Satan and all wickedness burned up the Bible says that sin and affliction will not ever arise a second time (Nahum 1:9)."

Source [http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-does-bible-say-about-hell]

Lets add a bit more to this.   the cleansing fire is the firey trials of our faith.   God , his chasitisment makes a vessel finer , fit for good use even more.

the fiery fire of hells fire, is punishment for all who denied Christ.

the fiery trial fire is a righteous judgment of which we suffer , but it is not without hope.   It works together good for those who love God.

whereas, the fiery lake of fire is a punishment without any hope for those who denied Christ .  and I assure us all tis far worse than anything man can do unto us. FAR WORSE.

we in the green tree, CHRIST , so expect persecutions which will work to our good.    But if this happens in those of the green tree, HOW MUCH WORSE for those of the dry one.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

God IS Love. He is the Light of Men, the Word. The ONE. In Him there is no shadow of turning. He is GOOD.

Before looking at hell and eternal suffering, it is important to get a solid understanding of who God is as well as His character. The Bible says that God "is" love (1 John 4:16). He is the originator of love and all His actions are directed by love. Jeremiah 31:3 even says, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you.” The Bible clearly states that God doesn’t even enjoy a wicked person’s death. Ezekiel 33:11 says, “...'As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live...For why should you die, O house of Israel?’”
Additionally, 2 Peter 3:9 states that God is merciful to us, not wanting even one single person to die, but that each person would come to repentance. God’s love for humans is everlasting, so how could God torture people forever and yet still love them forever? This just doesn’t make sense. So where does the doctrine of an eternally burning hell come from? How can eternal torture be compatible with a God of love?

Are people suffering in hell right now?

How does a future date of hell show a loving God? Imagine if a man committed adultery thousands of years ago during the time of David. That man never repented and went down the wrong path. Now think about a man who just yesterday also committed the same sin. Would it be fair for the first man to be punished thousands of years more than the man caught in adultery yesterday? How would this be fair? The answer lies in the fact that both men are reserved for judgement (Job 21:30-32 & 2 Peter 3:7). Each man will be punished beginning at the exact same time.
Often it is just as important to see what is NOT written in the Bible as it is to discover what IS written in the Bible. In Romans 6:23, the Bible says that the wages of sin is death. The Bible does not say that the wages of sin is eternal punishment. Also take a look at John 3:16 which says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” This verse talks about two options. One option is to perish, which means to disappear or be destroyed: to cease to exist. The other option is everlasting life. Neither of these two verses talk about everlasting torment.

Same source as first post.

I see good truth in this.  but one quick reminder .    Since none of us really knows how long the wicked burn in that fire before getting totally desotryed or if they suffer for all eternity

we truly DO not fully understand this.   either way its safe to just say IF one has not Christ they will be destroyed in the lake of fire .  that is good enough to say.

For whether one suffers forever or suffers for a time and then gets destroyed ,   GOD is just NO MATTER HOW IT WAS and GOD did LOVE , HE SENT THE SON

to be the savoir of the world.  and the gospel must be preached to ALL the WORLD FIRST then comes the end.  meaning man had a chance, but sadly most reject.

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

I see good truth in this.  but one quick reminder .    Since none of us really knows how long the wicked burn in that fire before getting totally desotryed or if they suffer for all eternity

we truly DO not fully understand this.   either way its safe to just say IF one has not Christ they will be destroyed in the lake of fire .  that is good enough to say.

For whether one suffers forever or suffers for a time and then gets destroyed ,   GOD is just NO MATTER HOW IT WAS and GOD did LOVE , HE SENT THE SON

to be the savoir of the world.  and the gospel must be preached to ALL the WORLD FIRST then comes the end.  meaning man had a chance, but sadly most reject.

I have found peace in this..........i wrestle not with things to HIGH for me , i simply take peace and comfort in the simple holy scrips.

KNOWN unto GOD is EVERYTHING , known unto us , is simply what God gives us to know and that is so we walk humbly with Him to the end IN CHRIST .

i don't wrestle over hell fire issues .    Do we really KNOW and FULLY UNDERSTAND .  NOPE.

just know if one knows not Christ, if they reject Him they will be destroyed in it and never see GOD or have eternal life.  THAT is all we have to know.  KEEP it simple.

I have an actual godly fear of adding to that book of revelations .  So i say just preach it AS IS>   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Josah said:

All those who have died who are not believers souls are in Hades. Their body remains in the grave until the resurrection which is when the Church is raptured. Hades is a waiting area for those unsaved souls until the end of the 1000 year millennium. At that time they will go through the great white throne judgment and then be thrown into the lake of fire which is hell. They will be tortured for ever and ever and for an eternity. That means it never ends.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The Bible tells us that those in hell will be tortured and experience God's wrath and judgment for an eternity. That is forever and ever. That means it will never end. Just like the believers will be with the Lord forever and ever....never ending.

• Thumbs Up 2