• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

It goes back to what I said, that you cannot continue to live an unregenerate existence and still expect to be saved. Those who are truly saved will make mistakes but otherwise will not want to sin any longer. 

Paul was talking about those who have received knowledge but havent accepted that knowledge

Then they become unbelievers and we know that Paul said in Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, and I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the bible. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and they don’t fear God. But listen up; Jesus said in Matthew 16: (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Who has deceived you into believing that all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bro.Tan said:

Then they become unbelievers

No, that's wrong. Either you are born again or you are not.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not worrying about you , does and does not matter how you believe that we are saved. 

In one hand you believe in Jesus and Jesus knows who believes in him, he does not need our confession and no ones testimony. 

Paul took a lot of time to write many pages about this matter, and we have to thank those of the group of circumcision, and the others who were  living under the shadow of the fear of sin, been tormented and hoped not to die a suddent death, and thus not having the chance to confess their sins and ask for forgiveness. 

Paul explained it with various examples that they are trying to earn what already have the eternal life ( which Jesus), because of their faith in him. 

By beliving in him they have him, they are in him, he is their Savior from the descented inheritance. 

Now they are in the ascended inheritance. 

Jesus axcepts people not according to their understading about some of basic trouths about his work on the Cross. 

Jesus knows who believes. 

As in the extreeme example when a believer in Jesus Christ believed that he was going to Hell because of his bondage to earthly things and defects of character. 

Jesus Christ took him to Heaven because he was in him, because of his faith and he could not understand and axcept that and had learn to judge himself as unworthy. 

He did ot find his peace while he lived but only after he died. 

Jesus died in his perfect love for us, so we do not lived in the fear of the saddow of death, but to thank him and praise him in his presence all the days of our lifes. 

Refraine from sin, so the devil cannot tempt you, or we are not tempted by are own desires. 

We have to Look for sound teachings, so we the diceiving spirits dont have room to fool us that are from God, by reciting scripture but changing and distort the meaning, taking us from a scripture from the far east, to a scripture in the far west, and ignoring the propose why those scriptures were given to us. 

Some even been afraid to experience the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and the living guidance of the Holy Spirit, they only want tangable guidance. They are looking for a group to cling to. 

Jesus taught us to worship him in spirit and in truth. 

No scriptures and know verses, that's not proving the word of God, take the time like everyone and post the Bible scriptures, we all can talk out of our mind in what we think. 

The Pharisees followed their own tradition as a substitute to the commandments of God. Note what Jesus says next. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaiah prophesy of you, saying, “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Matthew 15:7-9)

The Pharisees of today (meaning the preachers) teach the doctrine of men, by making statements such as, "We are not under the law we are under grace.” Not knowing which law we are no longer under. Therefore their flocks are ever learning, meaning not coming to the true faith. Thus they worship the Lord in vain. 

In Ecclesiastes 12:13   Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man

On 10/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, Sojourner414 said:

Folks, please compare the above quote from Bro. Tan with Scripture:

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." (Ephesians 2:4-10, NASB, emphasis mine)

I'll let you make up your own minds.

You didn't post the scriptures, plus you have to understand that all verses and scriptures have its place. You have to learn to put the whole puzzle together. Read the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation. 

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19). 

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).  

Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

30 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

I agree and understand what you saying, but since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9

Bro Tan.  The message of the cross must be fully understood as a believer.  When you accept that Jesus Christ is Lord and you have made that confession in your heart and with your mouth, then your sins are crucified with Christ death, it is paid there.  Yes, there is the ongoing process of the new man of "scantification" and it is a life long one.  As we go along, we would stumble and may reach hills and be in the valleys, but God has promised us that he would never leave us nor forsake us.  The mighty apostle Paul had this to say below.   Also, a believer has to take the plank from his eye before he can remove the splinter from his brother and as i think you have quoted too.  Having faith is not a licence to sin, but as long as we live here, it confronts us and each has his own load to carry and therefore work out his own salvation with fear and trembling.  

Romans 7  King James Version (KJV)

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

No, that's wrong. Either you are born again or you are not.

It's not wrong...Born again is a change of the Body not the mind. Paul said in Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Also Paul said in Colossians 3:

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

You have to change the person you were, being born again is something totally different.

10 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Bro Tan.  The message of the cross must be fully understood as a believer.  When you accept that Jesus Christ is Lord and you have made that confession in your heart and with your mouth, then your sins are crucified with Christ death, it is paid there.  Yes, there is the ongoing process of the new man of "scantification" and it is a life long one.  As we go along, we would stumble and may reach hills and be in the valleys, but God has promised us that he would never leave us nor forsake us.  The mighty apostle Paul had this to say below.   Also, a believer has to take the plank from his eye before he can remove the splinter from his brother and as i think you have quoted too.  Having faith is not a licence to sin, but as long as we live here, it confronts us and each has his own load to carry and therefore work out his own salvation with fear and trembling.  

Romans 7  King James Version (KJV)

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15- 16). Listen people! Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. To reject baptism is death; so, why will you die? Every soul that is baptized honors God and every soul that rejects baptism dishonors God. "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30).

Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16): Remember, before his crucifixion, Jesus told his disciples that his time (death) is not yet come.

Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38).

Jesus did his part, now we have to do ours. After the death of Jesus we now can get baptize in the name of Jesus so ours past sins and be taken away.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:57 PM, Robert William said:

Agreed, but NOT to earn salvation.

Lets go into Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, and I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the bible. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and they don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Who has deceived you into believing that all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 minute ago, Bro.Tan said:

Lets go into Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, and I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the bible. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and they don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Who has deceived you into believing that all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?  

I don't think you answered my previous question, how good do you need to be to enter the Kinkdom, are you good enough, will God wink at one little sin, your theology dooms you to Hell.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

31 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus did his part, now we have to do ours. After the death of Jesus we now can get baptize in the name of Jesus so ours past sins and be taken away.

Well you do agree that that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ. Ok, so you do, then this is what Paul had to say about the prison guard when he asked Paul the question.  What must i do to be saved.  Paul being a teacher and preacher of the Gospel would have surely mention baptism to the man.  I am sure that more would have be said to him about what the Christian life is about, including baptism.

Acts 16    King James Version (KJV)

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

That being said and no it is not a prerequisite for the gift of salvation.   Baptism signifies or testifies to the world at large that you are declaring that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and the world is your witness to that statement. [those are my words as an explanation. ] 

• Thumbs Up 1