IGNORED

Can anyone help?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

There is no evidence that the Jews or Jesus used the Julian calendar, not until 359 AD.

They were part of the Roman Empire.  They would have had to have used the Roman calendar to comply with secular Roman laws and to operate within the Empire.   The world operates off of the same calendar for purposes of trade and back in those days since most cultures were agrarian, secular calendars were needed for harvest and planting.    The Jews' calendar would have had to be observed in tandem with the Julian calendar which was in force when Augustus Caesar decided to conduct the census at the time Jesus was born.

To even argue that the Jewish nation, under Roman rule, was not subjected to and forced to operate within the scope of the secular Julian calendar is simply laughable.   It appears you really don't know what you're talking about.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

They were part of the Roman Empire.  They would have had to have used the Roman calendar to comply with secular Roman laws and to operate within the Empire.   The world operates off of the same calendar for purposes of trade and back in those days since most cultures were agrarian, secular calendars were needed for harvest and planting.    The Jews' calendar would have had to be observed in tandem with the Julian calendar which was in force when Augustus Caesar decided to conduct the census at the time Jesus was born.

To even argue that the Jewish nation, under Roman rule, was not subjected to and forced to operate within the scope of the secular Julian calendar is simply laughable.   It appears you really don't know what you're talking about.

Again no evidence, surely if you were right and that I am so wrong, it would be easy for you to supply a link to the relevant historical information but you can't. On the other hand I can easily supply evidence to show that I am right like the links already provided and this for example:  http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm

Or this: https://www.worldslastchance.com/yahuwahs-calendar/constantine-hillel-two-men-who-deceived-the-whole-world.html

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Again no evidence, surely if you were right and that I am so wrong, it would be easy for you to supply a link to the relevant historical information but you can't.

I don't value you as a reliable historical source. I am not going to waste my time, as I am not emotionally invested in this conversation enough to search high and low.   Anybody with any degree of commonsense knows that the rules of the empire were in force for everyone under its control.  To argue that the Roman empire's calendar did not affect ancient Israel is ridiculous and no intelligent, thinking person is going to listen to you on that matter.

On the other hand I can easily supply evidence to show that I am right like the links already provided and this for example:  http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm

That link says nothing about the Julian Calendar

That is nothing but a Yahwist, kooky conspiracy theory, flat earth site.   The fact that you hold that kind of link up  as evidence, only confirms how ridiculous and laughable your argument is.   You cannot find anything reputable to support your goofy argument, so you have to turn to a bunch of flat earth nut jobs.  

Yeah, no one should be listening to you.  Your position cannot be taken seriously at all, at least not by anyone with intelligence or commonsense.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't value you as a reliable historical source. I am not going to waste my time, as I am not emotionally invested in this conversation enough to search high and low.   Anybody with any degree of commonsense knows that the rules of the empire were in force for everyone under its control.  To argue that the Roman empire's calendar did not affect ancient Israel is ridiculous and no intelligent, thinking person is going to listen to you on that matter.

That link says nothing about the Julian Calendar

That is nothing but a Yahwist, kooky conspiracy theory, flat earth site.   The fact that you hold that kind of link up  as evidence, only confirms how ridiculous and laughable your argument is.   You cannot find anything reputable to support your goofy argument, so you have to turn to a bunch of flat earth nut jobs.  

Yeah, no one should be listening to you.  Your position cannot be taken seriously at all, at least not by anyone with intelligence or commonsense.

Again no evidence and you simply can't understand the links or the OP. Is there really no one here with the intelligence to understand the OP?  

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Again no evidence and you simply can't understand the links or the OP. Is there really no one here with the intelligence to understand the OP?  

I understand the links and I understand the OP, perfectly.   What you think constitutes "evidence,"  doesn't.   You have provided nothing that anyone with any commonsense would consider evidence.

The fact that no one agrees with you doesn't mean we don't understand you.   We understand just fine.   You're simply wrong.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I understand the links and I understand the OP, perfectly.   What you think constitutes "evidence,"  doesn't.   You have provided nothing that anyone with any commonsense would consider evidence.

The fact that no one agrees with you doesn't mean we don't understand you.   We understand just fine.   You're simply wrong.

Not interested in your opinion. I want to from someone else who can understand the OP. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Not interested in your opinion. I want to from someone else who can understand the OP. 

I didn't give an opinion.  Are the leader of a cult?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Willa said:

Jesus said that only the Father knows the answer to your question.  

Oh, Willa! This made me giggle. :laugh: 

Apparently, When Is Jesus Coming? did not understand your reply. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/27/2017 at 7:18 AM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

find me some evidence that the current 7 day rolling week goes all the way back to Adam? Or at least beyond the Julian calendar, that we now call the Gregorian calendar. This calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar in 46BC: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

When this new calendar was created it was for the express reason that there were hundreds of different calendars that were being  used across the Roman Empire and Julius want to standardise them so that arranging meetings and making plans with the various leaders and people groups would be much easier. 

Now up to then the Romans were using a calendar with an 8 day rolling week:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Only the Romans were using this 8 day week calendar in the province of Rome within Italy, only! Meanwhile the Israelites had been using there own 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years before the Romans ever existed. So how did the two different calendar weeks get to match up perfectly? Did the Roman's use the Jewish timing of their weekly cycle? Did they use this obscure religious sects timing, a group of people who lived over a 1000 miles away. Who were only known as one of the most troublesome groups within the Roman Empire?

Greek mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply changed the old Roman 8 day week calendar to the new 7 day week calendar in 46 BC, just as history records, so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. 

Are you able to find the evidence that Sosigenes got these two different calendar weeks to match up? Because no one else can. And by the way there is no evidence that the Jews even used the new Julian 7 day week until 359 AD.

I hope some one here has the intelligence to understand this? 

Perhaps of more use is the work of Remy Landau found at http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com

and some quick facts/summaries/comparisons from that same resource: http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com/#22

Edited by Neighbor

37 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps of more use is the work of Remy Landau found at http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com

and some quick facts/summaries/comparisons from that same resource: http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com/#22

Yes that is God's week but where is the evidence that it matches up to the week created by Julius Caesar. Why can't anyone understand the simplicity of what I am saying? 

The Julian calendar does not use God's week!