Can anyone help?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

find me some evidence that the current 7 day rolling week goes all the way back to Adam? Or at least beyond the Julian calendar, that we now call the Gregorian calendar. This calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar in 46BC: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

When this new calendar was created it was for the express reason that there were hundreds of different calendars that were being  used across the Roman Empire and Julius want to standardise them so that arranging meetings and making plans with the various leaders and people groups would be much easier. 

Now up to then the Romans were using a calendar with an 8 day rolling week:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Only the Romans were using this 8 day week calendar in the province of Rome within Italy, only! Meanwhile the Israelites had been using there own 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years before the Romans ever existed. So how did the two different calendar weeks get to match up perfectly? Did the Roman's use the Jewish timing of their weekly cycle? Did they use this obscure religious sects timing, a group of people who lived over a 1000 miles away. Who were only known as one of the most troublesome groups within the Roman Empire?

Greek mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply changed the old Roman 8 day week calendar to the new 7 day week calendar in 46 BC, just as history records, so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. 

Are you able to find the evidence that Sosigenes got these two different calendar weeks to match up? Because no one else can. And by the way there is no evidence that the Jews even used the new Julian 7 day week until 359 AD.

I hope some one here has the intelligence to understand this? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Genesis chapters 1-3. :)

39 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Genesis chapters 1-3. :)

Yeah that's the week established by God but the question is where is the evidence that it matches the Roman week established by Julius Caesar? 

14 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Yeah that's the week established by God but the question is where is the evidence that it matches the Roman week established by Julius Caesar? 

No clue, why does it matter. It's the Biblical week that I care about, not Caesars. Interesting footnote people have tried different length weeks in the past never worked out. I think the Russians tried a 10 day week once... didn't last very long.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

No clue, why does it matter. It's the Biblical week that I care about, not Caesars. Interesting footnote people have tried different length weeks in the past never worked out. I think the Russians tried a 10 day week once... didn't last very long.

Did you read all of the OP? 

17 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Did you read all of the OP? 

I read it, it's just your definition is wrong. The Jews used a literal 7 day week...so either the Roman 8 day didn't line up, or they didn't use an 8 day week. I don't really see a third option.

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I read it, it's just your definition is wrong. The Jews used a literal 7 day week...so either the Roman 8 day didn't line up, or they didn't use an 8 day week. I don't really see a third option.

Yeah so it's like this time line diagram below: 

God's week (year 1) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------(today) 

Roman week (46BC)-----------------------------(today)

The Romans implemented the calendars 7 day week we use today in 46BC before this date they had a very strange calendar that had 8 day weeks plus an extra day for market. Now the important bit is the Romans did not make sure that the new 7 day week they implemented was the same as the Jewish 7 day week. Does that make sense? Here is some info on the old Roman 8 day week calendar and the Julian calendar that we use today: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

To me this is very simple to understand but getting others to seems nigh on impossible but then again my IQ is about 140 so forgive me if I sound exasperated.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

20 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

To me this is very simple to understand but getting others to seems nigh on impossible but then again my IQ is about 140 so forgive me if I sound exasperated.

Pride is unbecoming. 

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Having a high iq doesnt guarantee you have any real smarts. After all someone as smart as stephen hawking doesnt grasp that he needs Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Have you tried Google? :)