• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, existential mabel said:

1 tim 4:16-New International Version
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

well i didnt know anything about John MacArthur and decided to google him as i am testing the spirit right in that i dont take anyone's word as gospel seeing as and especially as we are in the information age. and this is what i found ;

1.someone can take the mark of the beast worship the antichrist, worship the image of the beast, accept the mark of the beast and still be saved and go to heaven

in the past John MacArthur has warned about this very thing. source A Word to John MacArthur: Jacob Prasch Defends Calvary Chapel

........................................................................................................................

dug a little deeper and found this

2.https://www.christianpost.com/news/prophet-confronts-pastor-john-macarthur-with-message-from-god-that-he-is-in-error-before-congregation-143308/

You've grieved the Holy Spirit of God. Your doctrine of cessation is in error," the man declared in an unknown accent while looking directly at MacArthur, who also met the self-declared prophet's gaze. "He has been grieved, John MacArthur. He has sent me here to tell you that."

"You're sharpening the sword, and they are cutting each other," the unknown man added while pointing at the congregation.

......................................................................................................................

i dug deeper still  and thought i really need to know if this is for real his thinking and teaching . so then i come up with clip from the horses mouth itself.

3.John MacArthur OUTRAGE: Take the Mark of Beast, still be saved. False Teaching title of video 5:00 in  running time

dont sh00t the messenger! this is what i found

Go get em tiger.   YOU ARE SPOT ON.   WE test and WE KEEP ON TESTING , cause men can start out right and fall into falsehood teaching.

THE ONLY one who is INFALLIBLE IS GOD HIMSELF.    even paul said HE should be tested , but that mans judgement means little.

WE TEST THEM TO our last breath.   GET EM and Expose the lies for the sakes of others who maybe following men who fall .   THANK YOU FOR THIS >

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

and , in this INFORMATION age.........I have to say false hoods are abounding in masses of teachers .    MASSES of them.

FORWARD , March.  man fails BUT IN GOD WE PREVAIL , onward saints ONWARD cause its only going to get worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  21

On 11/2/2017 at 6:03 AM, Giller said:

1Co 2:13
(13)  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

To get understanding of the word, it is important to first of all pray to God for understanding and wisdom, and to compare the word with the word, which in time you will see the bigger picture.

To test the spirits, you can know this in many ways, by the fruit this or that doctrine produces, and if it is compatible with the bible.

You really need to know God's heart on the matter, his character, his ways.

Pro 22:4
(4)  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Agreed. Further suggestions:

And beware the doctrines of men. Just stick to scriptures that you know to be accurate and not contrived or slanted. Do not be afraid of people that tell you what not to study. Study any writings that you feel Holy Spirit can witness thru. Do not get 'stuck on books'. Do not get 'stuck on commentaries'.

Almost ALL CHRISTIANS have an agenda. They just cannot help it. So be aware of this.

There are so many truths in the scriptures that have been glossed over by the church and even the best intentioned person can be misled by OMISSION. If it aint there, how can you learn by it?

Pay especial CLOSE attention to the Church Fathers. Find UNABRIDGED and un-edited versions of what they really said. These are the ones that knew the apostles or close associates of them.
Even the 'commentaries' are not without bias.

Trust God. Only trust God. Do not trust man! Yeshua is well capable of leading you into all truth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So what's the true literal word of God.  If thy right eye offend the pluck it out.  We can consider that literal, can we ?.  Hey, just asking. 

That is an Aramaic to Greek mistranslation. There are a number of these. Do not worry too much though. Just pray is all.
Oh and HYPEBOLE. Understand this word really well and understand that those of us with eastern thought processes see very differently from those in the more clinical west. Get in the Hebraic, and Aramaic mindset. It will help you enormously.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

That is an Aramaic to Greek mistranslation. There are a number of these. Do not worry too much though. Just pray is all.
Oh and HYPEBOLE. Understand this word really well and understand that those of us with eastern thought processes see very differently from those in the more clinical west. Get in the Hebraic, and Aramaic mindset. It will help you enormously.

I did not post these words.

"So what's the true literal word of God.  If thy right eye offend the pluck it out.  We can consider that literal, can we ?.  Hey, just asking. "

This is what I posted:

It means to read the words of God just as they are written. It is the only way to determine what God is trying to communicate to us. There are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but they are obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I did not post these words from above.

"So what's the true literal word of God.  If thy right eye offend the pluck it out.  We can consider that literal, can we ?.  Hey, just asking. "

While I search the source (pleas bear with me) I will give you one I have readily at hand.

Comparing the Greek and Aramaic New Testaments 

Matthew 19:24 (a camel or rope?) 
Greek:πάλιν δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, εὐκοπώτερόν ἐστιν κάμηλον διὰ τρυπήματος ῥαφίδος εἰσελθεῖν ἢ πλούσιον εἰς τὴν βασιλείαν τοῦ θεοῦ

Translation (KJV):And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Aramaic:ܬܘܼܒ݂ ܕܹܝܢ ܐܵܡܲܪܢܵܐ ܠܟ݂ܘܿܢ: ܕܲܕ݂ܠܝܼܠ ܗܘܼ ܠܓܲܡܠܵܐ ܠܡܸܥܠ ܒܲܚܪܘܿܪܵܐ ܕܲܡܚܲܛܵܐ. ܐܵܘ ܥܲܬ݁ܝܼܪܵܐ ܕܢܸܥܘܿܠ ܠܡܲܠܟܘܼܬ݂ܵܐ ܕܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ.

Translation:And again I say to you, that it is easier for a rope to enter into the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Understand what Jesus meant when he said, "If your hand offends you, cut it off; if your eye offends you, pluck it out; if your foot offends you, cut it off". Jesus meant: "If you have a habit of stealing, stop it". "If you have a habit of envying, stop it". "If you have a habit of trespassing on other's property, stop it". These sayings are understood because these idioms have been in general use throughout the centuries. The idioms arise out of the fact the Aramaic collapses into one word, both mental and physical action, with either or both meanings acceptable. This explains why no Christian in the East has ever cut off his arm or plucked out his eyes. None of Jesus' disciples and his followers amputated parts of their bodies. They used the mental meaning. In other parts of the world many Christians who misunderstood the Aramaic idiom, have cut off hands, fingers and feet, or inflicted other injuries upon their bodies to follow the misunderstood injunction of Jesus.” – Aramaic Bible Society 3. Eyes of your heart – Ephesians 1:18 This is also an example of a split word, and can be found (with greater detail) in the 2nd split word article of this series. The NIV says: “I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,” The KJV says: “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,” Now, it just so happens that the Aramaic phrase Jwktwbld 0ny9 is an idiom, and as such, can have a literal translation, and a meaningful translation. “Many times we have spoken of the Semitic understanding of the heart, that it is the idiomatic organ of understanding and knowledge. In Ephesians 1:18, Paul uses this Semiticism: Jwktwbld 0ny9 (Ayna d'Lebwatkon - "the eye of your hearts") [The Alexandrian manuscripts (including Tischendorf, Westcott & Hort and Nestle-Aland) tend to literally retain this Aramaic idiom, while the Byzantine texts give a meaningful translation. – Chris] This clearly demonstrates that Zorba sometimes understood that Paul was using an Aramaic idiom, and chose to liberally translate the meaning into a more acceptable solution in Greek thought.”

Ephesians 2:19 The KJV says: “Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;” “Eph. 2:19 translated literally from the Aramaic reads: Therefore, you are not strangers nor foreigners, but you are sons of the province of the set-apart ones and sons of the House of Eloah. Here the Peshitta has the Aramaic idiom "sons of the House of Eloah" where the Greek reads "of the household of God." "sons of the House of..." is a Semitic idiomatic expression meaning "of the household of..." "House of Eloah" is a Semitic euphemism for the Temple. Also the Aramaic word for sons "ab-nay" is a wordplay for the the Aramaic word for build in 2:20 "b'na" and the Aramaic word for building "benyana" in 2:20-21 both from the Aramaic root "'abna" (stone). (A similar wordplay appears in the Aramaic of Mt. 3:9.) Paul transitions from the idea of "sons of the House of Eloah" (heirs) in 2:19 to stones of the House of Eloah (members of the Temple) in 2:20-21. This transition of thought is deeply steeped in the Aramaic idiom "sons of the house of" the Aramaic euphemism for the Temple (House of Eloah) and the Aramaic wordplay between "sons" and "stones." This transition of thought is clearly dependant on the Aramaic text of Ephesians as found in the Peshitta. It does not work in the Greek text at all. This is not only clear evidence for the Semitic origin of the book, but a great help in following Paul's train of thought as well.”

The KJV says: “They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” “They translated many Eastern idioms and metaphors literally, not knowing their true meaning. For instance, ‘You shall handle snakes.’ They did not know that the word ‘snake’ refers to ‘an enemy.'”’ – A better reading for that section of the verse would be “they will handle their enemies”. This mistranslation has even cost the lives of many people. George Went Hensley, a former pastor of the Church of God, formed one such Pentecostal group, who drank poison and exposed themselves to poisonous snakes. He died of snakebite, as have many others.

Edited by Justin Adams

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but they are obvious.

I agree here. No problem.

But problems arise when these 'literal' verses are taken as Truth. I.e. the folk that play with snakes based on a KJV misunderstanding. I am not sure how many have died this way, but I for SURE would not want to give this a try!