IGNORED

How can I strengthen faith by blind faith?

MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

How can I strengthen my faith in Jesus? Consider your answer and thoughts, relevant to a Christian who has had the scriptures revealed.

I see there are many variations of belief. We can trust, believe and have faith in Jesus.

But how can we have faith to such an extent that we know, by blind faith? "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"

In your mind you can tell yourself over and over that you believe. But is that believing? I know -if I was persecuted and would lose my life professing Jesus. I would be willing to die if I had to profess. But is that enough to believe that? 

This is tough for us who "have not seen", to have faith to the point of knowing. Because even Jesus' disciples, who have seen all his miracles, and yet still doubted. 

If we don't have complete faith, but in our minds profess to ourselves that we know Jesus. Is that enough? "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed" ..you can move mountains.  

But what constitutes or justifies faith? Can we know Jesus existed, to the extent that we know we are mortal? At what point is faith conceived? The same instance as when we accept we are mortal? We know we will die. We know Jesus died and was resurrected. But are these 2 different knowings? 

How then do we accept with blind faith? Is it really just telling ourselves over and over that we believe, until it becomes belief? 

Is faith simply wanting to know? How do you gain faith? By belief? By probability? By understanding or knowledge? 

If we can have knowledge, does that mean we know? Not necessarily. So then how can we have faith in knowledge? 

Our faith has to come through speaking to ourselves, in the mind. But is that convincing yourself to faith?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Faith comes through fellowship with God. It is not "blind", but rational. Through studying His Word we learn to know Him, to discern His voice from others, to experience His goodness, grace and life.

Faith for miracles has a different connotation. It means certainty - a legitimate absence of doubt.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "How can I increase my faith?"

Answer:
All Christians want, or should want, to increase their faith. But those who have given their lives to Christ have come to realize that success does not come from our own human attempts; we always fail. First Corinthians 4:7 reminds us, “What makes you better than anyone else? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why boast as though you have accomplished something on your own?” Without God, we are left to our own resources, which plague us with pride, stubbornness, indifference, insensitivity, and failure. The only one we can count on who absolutely will not fail us is God (Hebrews 13:5).

Beginning our journey of faith with God requires that we immerse ourselves in His Word (Romans 10:17; 1 Peter 2:2). We must learn about His love, His justice, His mercy, and His plan. We must form a relationship with Him, so that we can know Him personally through His Son, Jesus Christ (John 17:3). We should ask Him to reveal Himself to us and change us. The Bible promises that if we seek God, we will find Him (Matthew 7:7). And if we allow Him to, He will transform us into new people who can know His will (Romans 12:2). We have to be willing to die to our old selves and let go of the pride and selfishness that kept us from Him for so long. As God changes us, we will learn to develop the fruit that comes from the Holy Spirit, who dwells in all Christians (Galatians 5:22-23; John 14:17). As we walk in the Spirit, allowing Him to control our lives, we will begin to trust in Him. “Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done” (Colossians 2:7).

If our trust in God is going to grow, we have to learn to step out in faith, moving out of our comfort zone and taking chances. If we believe that God will sustain us for that day, we can be free to carry out His will, regardless of the consequences. Whenever we face temptations, God will always provide a way out so that we will not be overcome (1 Corinthians 10:13). We need to look for that way out, and praise God when we find it. First Peter 1:7 says He will use trials to test our faith and to make us stronger Christians; we will be given much honor if we can stand strong and not waver. “Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news – the Good News about Christ” (Romans 10:17).

https://www.gotquestions.org/increase-my-faith.html

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 minute ago, Tristen said:

Faith comes through fellowship with God. It is not "blind", but rational. Through studying His Word we learn to know Him, to discern His voice from others, to experience His goodness, grace and life.

That's faith in knowledge. Which comes after already having faith.

What exactly do you mean by "fellowship". God doesn't speak to us. Only through his word of knowledge. Reading the Bible isn't fellowship with God. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

How can I strengthen my faith in Jesus?  

As Jesus told all the disciples,  you can't.

Faith is a gift.

Trust the Father in heaven the same as a 3 year old boy trusts his father on earth, when he asks for a sandwich.  The 3 year old boy just simply expects his father to give him a sandwich. (not a stone).

Jesus says likewise,  when you ask the heavenly Father (the Creator of all the Universe and All life), 

for something,  trust Him, rely on Him,  even when asking for faith/ to trust Him, and only Him (never trust yourself, or any flesh).

As Jesus Says "Ask, and keep asking, and you will receive".   "Seek EAGERLY (Yahweh's Kingdom), and keep seeking His Kingdom (all the time, never , never stop, no never stop) .... and you will find it..... as Yahweh Says..... (His Way,  not man's way,  no, never) ....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

What exactly do you mean by "fellowship". God doesn't speak to us. Only through his word of knowledge. Reading the Bible isn't fellowship with God.

God does "speak to us", both through the scriptures and through His Spirit. The God of scripture is the same God that spoke to, and through, the characters of the Bible. Hearing His voice is difficult for us - because we are conditioned by the world to ignore it (and to be suspicious of any experience beyond the senses), but that's a limitation of us, not a change in God.

Even with experience, trust in God still requires faith to know that the experience is actually God. I find that experience with God is not as conspicuous as some seem to claim. We have to listen for the "still small voice" through the  wind and earthquake and fire (1 Kin 19:11-13), but it is real nonetheless.

The Bible is God's highest authoritative communication to humanity. It is God speaking to us. Studying scripture is therefore an act of fellowship - hearing to His words and getting to know Him.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

How can I strengthen my faith in Jesus? Consider your answer and thoughts, relevant to a Christian who has had the scriptures revealed.

I see there are many variations of belief. We can trust, believe and have faith in Jesus.

But how can we have faith to such an extent that we know, by blind faith? "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"

In your mind you can tell yourself over and over that you believe. But is that believing? I know -if I was persecuted and would lose my life professing Jesus. I would be willing to die if I had to profess. But is that enough to believe that? 

This is tough for us who "have not seen", to have faith to the point of knowing. Because even Jesus' disciples, who have seen all his miracles, and yet still doubted. 

If we don't have complete faith, but in our minds profess to ourselves that we know Jesus. Is that enough? "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed" ..you can move mountains.  

But what constitutes or justifies faith? Can we know Jesus existed, to the extent that we know we are mortal? At what point is faith conceived? The same instance as when we accept we are mortal? We know we will die. We know Jesus died and was resurrected. But are these 2 different knowings? 

How then do we accept with blind faith? Is it really just telling ourselves over and over that we believe, until it becomes belief? 

Is faith simply wanting to know? How do you gain faith? By belief? By probability? By understanding or knowledge? 

If we can have knowledge, does that mean we know? Not necessarily. So then how can we have faith in knowledge? 

Our faith has to come through speaking to ourselves, in the mind. But is that convincing yourself to faith?

You way overthinking what is so simple.   even the one man said.............LORD I believe, help my unbelief.    

Increase that bible reading time.   also when seek knock and ask is all about seeking only Him.   Pard , that mind is free and full of peace.

Just trust him as a child.     I KNOW, KNOW better than my own hands that GOD is real and JESUS IS the absolute only way to Him.

I KNOW IT.   You want more peace .   FOCUS again on JUST his sayings .  start afresh IN JUST bible reading.  As their are so many different messed up concepts

being taught today, which bring confusion .    JUST read the bible for yourself.   pray for understanding , pray for wisdom , pray for knowledge

and charity  but FOR THIS REASON ONLY.     JUST to walk pleasing to HIM through faith.  No personal gain, not to be recognized.   JUST to KNOW HIM MORE.

So simple .  be blessed.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

[for me anyway] seeing that faith cometh (only) by hearing the Word of God; therefore if we lack faith, then we must more abundantly hear God's Word to receive more faith. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Actually, God does speak to some, and for some. God is triune in nature. God indwells the saint in Christ Jesus for the Holy Spirit  is within each of the saints. The Holy Spirit, who is God, intercedes for saints by speaking in groans too deep for words intereceding for the saints in Christ Jesus  (believers).

God speaks by creation itself! He speaks by those He has already called to their salvation  by the Holy Spirit as they each give their testimony and witness.  

God speaks through angels too.

What He does not do is answer the endless demands of those that wish to make him their puppet their tool their doting uncle.

The whole of Israel  made demand of God that He show  them signs. Jesus has already said in answer to demands of him that He show them signs at their command and demand that He will show but one, the sign of Jonah.  He died, arose three days later, walked and lived, and then ascended leaving the saints the Holy Spirit as comforter in His absence. 

What more is needed as a sign?- if there is more needed then there is just refusal to heed the call of the Holy Spirit to repentance from sin against God and an endless game playing, and denying of God.  At some point God will say enoughturn about now or be darkened to your own strong delusions.

So I suggest repentance against sin against God is the better course of action, instead bow a knee before Jesus and say, Lord, my Lord.