IGNORED

Adam and Eve as Genealogical vs Genetic Ancestors

one.opinion

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

Right.  Even people who are not aware of scripture.  Like those without access, or those who have not heard, or those who can't read.  So, reading scripture is not that critical.  But it is useful. 

Yeah, that is a pretty dangerous approach to the Bible.

The Bible is foundational to what we believe and it is absolutely necessary.   You ignored the fact that your premise about the revelation of nature to man was derived from the Bible you claim not to need.

The Bible, for you is basically expendable according to your response.  You use it when it is "useful"  and dismiss when it is not.   The reading of the Bible is 100% critical in terms of a person's need for the Gospel.

The revelation of nature is what we call "general revelation" and only addresses the existence of God.  Nature tells us that God exists, but nature cannot preach the Gospel. Nature cannot tell you who God is.  Simply being aware of God isn't sufficient for salvation.

To claim that reading the  Bible is not critical demonstrates a fundamental lack of knowledge and extremely flawed "theology" on your part. 

But more importantly, your downgrading of the importance of Scripture appears to be linked to a larger agenda, namely to promote sinful lifestyles like homosexuality, which the Bible condemns.

There are those who seek to destroy the historical credibility of the Bible in Genesis so that they have grounds to destroy the moral authority of Scripture in its judgment and declarations about our sin.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, dprprb said:

Yes implied by I read Gen 6:13(NIV)

So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

He said destroy both. if day is to 24hr  then destroy is to uncreate.  

Because there is no separate account of words then this must have happened during The Flood. 

Uncreate can be to go back to Gen 1:2 to  'the waters' thus some people see the Flood as global. 

But Noah has nothing to land the ark on. Eden is gone. The historic landmarks are gone. Mt Everest is NOT the measure of 'the waters'... otherwise it would have been destroyed. 

In Genesis Chapter 1 God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place,and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

Notice that The sun does not set on His commands unfulfilled.

So the earth needs recreated and 

between Gen 8:15 and Gen9:7 three times God says in various ways :

“Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 

Does the sun set on His command unfulfilled? How do we know He is releasing power in one case and not the other?

It resembles Gen 1:28 during the second accounting of Creation days

It solves issues of :

Cain and Seth wives so that they do not violate rules set down later about marrying you father's daughter.

Dispersion of our race in short YEC time  "the earth was filled" --keeping in mind that that earth no longer exists if God is true to saying 'destroy the land/earth'. Possible yes but a constant motion of generations towards the horizon expanding territory not forming fixed functional cities with economies.

The functionality of an environment complete with food for predators - but yes it could just be Providence until everything gets where it needs to be.

genetically everyone is still related to Adam and Eve  (doesnt change the observables) and still accounts for the modern observation of a mRNA focal point and carrying original sin at the time of Noah.

I respect the power of God's spoken words over Creation and my supposition of Yes! implies that prophets and scribes are required to not accidentally release Creationary power by stating something is to be done...such as the Ten Commandments. 

It creates problem of:

Yeah, that is a really bad handling of the Scripture.

When God said "be fruitful and multiply"  it did not result in the earth suddenly result in an instantaneous population of humans.   God was simply commanding Adam and Eve to reproduce.   It started with Cain and Abel.   Your approach to that text is beyond wrong.   It is really just nonsense and it is a sloppy handling of Scripture.

No one with any sense will agree with the clap trap you have posted above.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I think the important thing to remember is that you could back in time 835 gazillion years and there stepping out from eternity beyond to greet you would be this Jesus who is the Christ .

" Have I not commanded thee !  Be strong and of good courage , be not afraid neither be thou dismayed ,

for the lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest ."

( Joshua 1:9 )

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But no one is judging anyone.   And your response really misses the point.  The point was the nature of His response and the harshness of His tone. 

Jesus has accurate knowledge as to what people's intent is as well as the result of their efforts.
We do not have a clue what others are thinking. 

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

The passage is all about judging others. I can see how you missed that.

No one is being judged, here. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No one is being judged, here. 

Sorry.  I misspoke and corrected the post.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

Jesus has accurate knowledge as to what people's intent is as well as the result of their efforts.
We do not have a clue what others are thinking. 

And I guess it is a good thing that I am not responding to what you might or might not be thinking.   I am responding to what is actually written in your posts.

8 hours ago, simplejeff said:

JESUS IS always perfect judge.  Those who follow Him and Listen to Him likewise are accurate, when they do as the Father Says , as He Says also in His Word.

No.  Jesus has knowledge you lack.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

And I guess it is a good thing that I am not responding to what you might or might not be thinking.   I am responding to what is actually written in your posts.

Well, Simple Simon has failed in that, where you have succeeded.