• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

2 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

No.  The "correct order" is just a teaching methodology. 

It IS the Correct Order.  They TEACH IT because that's... WHAT IT IS

That's not actually how science works or is defined. 

It IS how it works and it IS how it's defined...

"Science is nothing more than a method of inquiry. The method says an assertion is valid — and merits universal acceptance — only if it can be independently verified. The impersonal rigor of the method means it is utterly apolitical. A truth in science is verifiable whether you are black or white, male or female, old or young. It's verifiable whether you like the results of a study, or you don't."
Crichton, Michael; Testimony before the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (28 September 2005)

This is a: "well duh".

:groan:  Save your Fairytale Elephant Hurling Fallacy Berkeley :rolleyes: 'link' and return it back to Romper Room where you got it. smh

Let's get down to business 'mr Plastics'...

a.  Define then identify the parts of a Formal Scientific Hypothesis.
b.  Post a Formal Scientific Hypothesis regarding ANYTHING ...?
c.  Dovetail the parts of your Formal Scientific Hypothesis with the parts of a REAL Formal Scientific Hypothesis you established in (a.).
d.  What is the goal of Scientific Hypothesis formulation i.e., what is a Scientific Hypothesis attempting to elucidate...?
e.  What is the goal of EVERY SINGLE Scientific Inquiry...?

Each can be answered with no more than a short sentence.  

btw: You MUST be able to answer these questions to Pass 5th Grade General Science, so the burden is light. 

Please, if you will... 

If you don't answer each, you're a 'wiki' PARROTING Pretender Clown, PATNA! K? 

regards

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Enoch2021 said:

The impersonal rigor of the method means it is utterly apolitical. A truth in science is verifiable whether you are black or white, male or female, old or young. It's verifiable whether you like the results of a study, or you don't."

Looks like many forgot how many bribes are routinely accepted......

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

I choose to support the greek language for an old earth. 

LOL, the Greek does not speak to the age of the earth.   You know nothing about hermeneutics.

On your point, genealogies were never intended to establish the age of the earth. 

I never said anything about genealogies.

So your point destroys --->  your support. 

LOL, my support can't be destroyed by a point I never made. 

Sorry, but your argumentative skills are as laughable as your attempt to pretend that you know what hermeneutics are.  :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, the Greek does not speak to the age of the earth.   You know nothing about hermeneutics.

According to scripture, I have no need for scripture. Especially regarding Creation.

19For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 
20For since the creation of the worldGod’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so thatmen are without excuse. 

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, SkyWriting said:

According to scripture, I have no need for scripture. Especially regarding Creation.

19For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 
20For since the creation of the worldGod’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so thatmen are without excuse. 

LOL, that Scripture is talking about the general revelation of nature regarding the existence of Creator.   It is not saying that you don't need Scripture. 

We need Scripture to know who God and what He does and to know His promises and instructions for us.  The Bible is quite necessary for us to understand that we are sinners under God's judgment and need the salvation that comes only through finished work of Jesus on the cross.

Yes, you need the Bible. We all do.   The problem is that in your unregenerate state, you are incapable of correctly understanding the Bible and what it says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11

I've been reading a book lately titled "Love Kindness: Discover the Power of a Forgotten Christian Virtue", by Barry Corey. In his introduction he has these words to say:

"I wrote this book out of frustration that those who represent the gospel are often caustic and harsh, picking fights with those whose views are hostile to theirs. In other words, Christians are often starting with unkindness. Unkindness has little effect beyond marshaling other Christians to admire our toughness and raising our own profile. This has gotten us nowhere in the cause of the gospel, our Christian call to be redemptive voices to that which is broken."

There are agnostics and unbelievers that read these forums and read us fight and bicker amongst ourselves for no good purpose. Why would they be attracted to Christianity if we don't offer anything good and wholesome in our interactions with one another? Before anyone thinks I am pointing fingers at them, I have admitted my own wrongdoing in this area, and am making efforts toward more Christ-like dialogue. I'm certain our Heavenly Father would appreciate all our efforts in this regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

In other words, Christians are often starting with unkindness.

"so-called Christians", or,  perhaps, 

true Christians showing perfect kindness that is like Yahweh's discipline, which at the moment seems 'unkind'....

(Yahweh's discipline and chastisement is always kind, but not comfortable, as described in TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT/ HEBREWS particularly) ....

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11

39 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

true Christians showing perfect kindness that is like Yahweh's discipline, which at the moment seems 'unkind'....

I’ll let the One who said “he who is without sin, cast the first stone” take care of the discipline. I will attempt to exhibit kindness first in my interactions.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I’ll let the One who said “he who is without sin, cast the first stone” take care of the discipline. I will attempt to exhibit kindness first in my interactions.

First, find out what true discipline is.   Yahweh doesn't throw stones, nor do the ones of His He tells clearly in His Word (ekklesia born again of Him, following Him, DOING HIS WORD)  ,   .....

to discipline, to judge,  to watch out for the deception of sin (that you can easily and apparently fell into) in one another, and so on over and over and over.

In the New Testament,  the discipline in the body of Christ is needed, is helpful, and includes chastisement and warnings and criticism ,  that it is written "A WISE MAN LOVES"  (not despises nor rejects) ....

If Yahweh tells you what to do , and you fail to do it,  then it won't matter if you try to exhibit kindness ever in your life , no, not at all - it just won't matter.  (and it won't be kindness, not as Yahweh says, not as Yeshua and the disciples live His Way) .....

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

I've been reading a book lately titled "Love Kindness: Discover the Power of a Forgotten Christian Virtue", by Barry Corey. In his introduction he has these words to say:

"I wrote this book out of frustration that those who represent the gospel are often caustic and harsh, picking fights with those whose views are hostile to theirs. In other words, Christians are often starting with unkindness. Unkindness has little effect beyond marshaling other Christians to admire our toughness and raising our own profile. This has gotten us nowhere in the cause of the gospel, our Christian call to be redemptive voices to that which is broken."

There are agnostics and unbelievers that read these forums and read us fight and bicker amongst ourselves for no good purpose. Why would they be attracted to Christianity if we don't offer anything good and wholesome in our interactions with one another? Before anyone thinks I am pointing fingers at them, I have admitted my own wrongdoing in this area, and am making efforts toward more Christ-like dialogue. I'm certain our Heavenly Father would appreciate all our efforts in this regard.

Interesting.  Let's go through this piece by piece...

"I wrote this book out of frustration that those who represent the gospel are often caustic and harsh, picking fights with those whose views are hostile to theirs.

I can only speak for myself here:

I very rarely witness this.

What/Who do you mean by "those who Represent The Gospel"...?

Give some examples of:

Caustic...?

Harsh...?

Picking Fights...?

So you're saying this occurs between Christians and atheists and/or agnostics, or just generally against Non-Christians??

In other words, Christians are often starting with unkindness.

How so?

Define "Unkindness"...?

Then, provide some examples...?

Unkindness has little effect beyond marshaling other Christians to admire our toughness and raising our own profile.

This is Generalized (ambiguous) Sweeping Speculation, at best.

This has gotten us nowhere in the cause of the gospel...

Can you unpack this, what exactly does this mean?

our Christian call to be redemptive voices to that which is broken."

Same here, unpack please...?

There are agnostics and unbelievers that read these forums and read us fight and bicker amongst ourselves for no good purpose.

Ya see, this is the reason I asked you specific questions and to "unpack" everything from above. This is somewhat Incoherent and Disjointed/Convoluted.  Why?  Well because your Main Idea, correct if I'm wrong, was...

"I wrote this book out of frustration that those who represent the gospel are often caustic and harsh, picking fights with those whose views are hostile to theirs"

With this ^^^^, your alleged contention is between Christians and Non-Christians, Correct?

But you switch and now it's "us fight and bicker amongst ourselves"; "US" and "Ourselves" (with "agnostics and unbelievers" watching).

So, who is the "US" and "Ourselves" ??  Then, how does this relate to The Main Idea: Christians and Non-Christians...?

Thanks