IGNORED

WorthyNews: Washington GOP tries to oust Republican nominee Roy Moore in Alabama Senate race

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He has been denying it all over the place. 

No he has not.  He has called it an attack and such, but he has never once said it was a lie.  If he has I would ask you for a link.  Even on Hannity he went so far as to say he used to "date younger women".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/10/2017 at 12:44 PM, shiloh357 said:

We saw it during the presidential election and we are seeing it here.

President Trump was on recorded video bragging about grabbing women by the genitalia. The Democrats certainly tried to take advantage of it, but this disgusting behavior was not caused by the Democratic party. I should probably make it clear that I am a life-long Republican, and it I believe that thinking Christians should attempt to objectively weigh information, rather than deciding beforehand what is and isn't true.

The timing of the Moore allegations is very suspicious, and it is difficult to believe that the Democrats didn't have something to do with it. But pretending that the allegations and witness of so many people is somehow irrelevant is clearly biased. Additionally, using the example of Mary and Joseph (we do not know how old they were) to excuse such behavior is downright disgusting and should angry anyone that takes the Bible seriously. In this country and time, this behavior is both illegal and utterly reprehensible.

It is true that we do not know the whole story, and likely never will, but there is enough truth coming out that the allegations are impossible to ignore.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

President Trump was on recorded video bragging about grabbing women by the genitalia.

No, what he said was that they will let you do it it, if you are rich and powerful enough.   He didn't say he had actually done it. 

The Democrats certainly tried to take advantage of it, but this disgusting behavior was not caused by the Democratic party. I should probably make it clear that I am a life-long Republican, and it I believe that thinking Christians should attempt to objectively weigh information, rather than deciding beforehand what is and isn't true.

The Democrat Party with the help of a compliant media, and likely Gloria Alred, three weeks before the election, trotted out something like 7 or 8 women with extremely over-the-top allegations about Trump molesting them.  The minute (sue-happy) Trump threatened defamation suits, we have not seen hide nor hair of those women with their claims of molestation.   Trump is notorious for being willing to sue, and when the threat was leveled at them, they quickly shut up.  And we have not heard from them since.

The timing of the Moore allegations is very suspicious, and it is difficult to believe that the Democrats didn't have something to do with it. But pretending that the allegations and witness of so many people is somehow irrelevant is clearly biased. Additionally, using the example of Mary and Joseph (we do not know how old they were) to excuse such behavior is downright disgusting and should angry anyone that takes the Bible seriously. In this country and time, this behavior is both illegal and utterly reprehensible.

It is true that we do not know the whole story, and likely never will, but there is enough truth coming out that the allegations are impossible to ignore.

The truth that is impossible to ignore is that this woman who said that Moore molested her as a 14 year-old has a history of accusing a number of pastors of the same thing only to have her allegations discovered to be false.   And there is some doubt by those who know her if she was really 14 years old in 1979. Not only that, but the allegations were reported by a reporter with ties to Clinton.

So really, this is smear job on Moore, the same kind that was done to Trump and it is just as untrue here as it was against Trump.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, what he said was that they will let you do it it, if you are rich and powerful enough.   He didn't say he had actually done it. 

True... but are you seriously claiming that he was just referring to other “rich and powerful enough” people without speaking from personal experience?

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The truth that is impossible to ignore is that this woman who said that Moore molested her as a 14 year-old has a history of accusing a number of pastors of the same thing only to have her allegations discovered to be false. 

If this allegation is completely false, then there are three more to deal with... for now.

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

True... but are you seriously claiming that he was just referring to other “rich and powerful enough” people without speaking from personal experience?

I am simply responding to your false claim that he admitted to inappropriate behavior in that particular video.   I think he has had a string of sexually immoral encounters  over the years while he was a real estate mogul.   I don't think he did anything in terms of rape or molestation or anything of that nature.  And I would add that his claim was that they let men of his stature touch them, meaning he was speaking of something consensual.

If this allegation is completely false, then there are three more to deal with... for now.

The problem is that this appears to be how it works in the media and the Democrat smear machine.   They trot women who allege that 40 or 30 or so years ago, that there was this major, over the top sexual encounter and none of it is provable and frankly, the claims are so outlandish that they really are not believable.    They tried to do the same thing to Trump and it failed.  But they never learn their lesson.  Moore needs to threaten defamation lawsuits and hire an attorney.

32 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am simply responding to your false claim that he admitted to inappropriate behavior in that particular video.

Are you truly stating that making sexual advances toward married women is not inappropriate behavior? He clearly states that he did that. On the actual genitalia-grabbing, I will ask you a second time. Do you seriously think he was not including himself as part of the “rich and powerful enough”?

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Are you truly stating that making sexual advances toward married women is not inappropriate behavior?

No, I am saying that you asserted that he admitted to having committed inappropriate behavior in the video.   He didn't say he touched women or molested them.  He said that they let men do it. 

He clearly states that he did that. On the actual genitalia-grabbing, I will ask you a second time. Do you seriously think he was not including himself as part of the “rich and powerful enough”?

He was including himself.  He was accused by many of claiming that he groped women against their will, that he just went up to them and grabbed them, which is not what he said.   He claimed that women consented to that kind of behavior.   I think he did those things, but my overall point is that he did not illegally force himself on them, which is how the video was spun in the media.

Trump lived in an elite culture where that kind of behavior is actually "normal."   Women let men like him act inappropriately. It's something the regular American simply has no point of reference for.   There are sub-cultures in our nation whether you're talking about  Washington DC, Hollywood, and the most "privileged" in our nation,  that operate by rules that apply only to them.   They can get away with things that would put most of us behind bars. 

14 hours ago, one.opinion said:

President Trump was on recorded video bragging about grabbing women by the genitalia.

This is what I said, and you initially denied.

It does not matter if it was consensual or not, this is disgusting behavior. I can understand arguments that it was consensual and legal, but there are lines of acceptable behavior that Trump crossed. And it certainly looks as though Moore has done the same. Political party should have no bearing and what we accept and what we reject.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This is what I said, and you initially denied.

I denied he said in the video that he grabbed women.   I never denied that he had done it before.  My point is that in the video, he was not talking about illegal activity; rather, he spoke of a consensual act.

It does not matter if it was consensual or not, this is disgusting behavior.

Of course it is.  But it is not illegal to be engage in disgusting behavior.

I can understand arguments that it was consensual and legal, but there are lines of acceptable behavior that Trump crossed. 

In the circles he ran in, though, it is acceptable and let me tell you, just about every member of congress has probably engaged similar behavior, as well.   We would be shocked if the curtains were drawn back and we could see the immoral behavior that is committed regularly by our elected officials.   The hypocrisy in D. C.  is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

And it certainly looks as though Moore has done the same. Political party should have no bearing and what we accept and what we reject.

It doesn't appear that he has either.   Allegations have been made, but no one is guilty solely because an allegation has been put forth.   And you completely ignore the fact that the woman making the allegation has already been discredited.

This is happening because Roy Moore is an outsider and they don't want another outsider in Congress.   And because Moore is a true conservative and they loathe true conservatives in the Establishment GoP.

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And you completely ignore the fact that the woman making the allegation has already been discredited.

In addition to Leigh Corfman, three other women have come forward to talk about Moore’s advances when they were between the ages of 16 and 18. Moore has not denied dating trend when he was in his 30s. This is legal in Alabama, but certainly indicates a pattern of behavior that supports Corfman’s claims.

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In the circles he ran in, though, it is acceptable and let me tell you, just about every member of congress has probably engaged similar behavior, as well.   We would be shocked if the curtains were drawn back and we could see the immoral behavior that is committed regularly by our elected officials.   The hypocrisy in D. C.  is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

This is sadly and undoubtedly true. I might even suggest that it would be a good idea to have a zero tolerance policy when such behaviors are made public.