• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Gary Lee, Sorry you feel offense, perhaps you missed something, perhaps I said it poorly, or perhaps it is just offensive. May I suggest reading the last sentence in my previous response to Miss Muffet which is; "God is so absolutely awesome a creator He uses all  that He will use to call his own to Him even in His terrible anger and wrath He is also merciful as well as just. That is why I do not see this world as a garbage dump, but instead as the  place where  extreme mercy, grace, and opportunity to serve as a soldier in service to our savior Jesus unfolds as God wills it to be."

Gary I just don't see "us" turning this place into a dump. I see God using everything to bring many  to salvation, to eternal life with Him. He so loved the world may pertain to the humans, but I believe it means the entirety of the world it's animals it's plants etc. After all He created it via Jesus.

In  His terrible anger it is God that  has made it a hard place for us, yet He has also provided escape, and a promise of a new heaven and an new earth. I don't see earth or world as a dump nor an  end place for wasted refuse. I see it all as God's absolute sovereignty, and glory, for which we should get up do something, serve God, not sit and lament woe is me I'm on a garbage dump, everything is bad so  I will sit and do nothing, just lament.

No, no  there is grand opportunity here to be of God's Glory, to be His bond-servant serving Jesus our Lord. We can't sit and say  there is no good here. We have to serve God right here and right now. it is all opportunity, not defeat. Jesus has given us victory  over death itself! We need be about rejoicing.

You don't seem to give any other options between two extremes Neighbour.  You are only offering two options, seems like either the world is a garbage dump or it's our Shangri-la.  We just need to judge soberly......what this world is, is TEMPORAL under the curse of death, and that is why we are called to come out of it and be not of it so that we will not burn with it.  And like Noah, try to get others to join us on the ark before the wrath comes.  Rejoicing in Jesus but mourning for the perishing world.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

this world is, is TEMPORAL under the curse of death, and that is why we are called to come out of it and be not of it so that we will not burn with it.  And like Noah, try to get others to join us on the ark before the wrath comes.  Rejoicing in Jesus but mourning for the perishing world.

"....we are called to come out of it and be not of it so that we will not burn with it. "

Amen.  HalleluYAH !

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

"....we are called to come out of it and be not of it so that we will not burn with it. "

Amen.  HalleluYAH !

Actually, I think we  are in it but not of it, simplejeff. Let each of us use our gifts with cheerfulness!

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers,by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Gifts of Grace

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.  Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;  if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching;  the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness." -Paul to the church at Rome

I had said I have nothing more to offer on the thread but it seems a few  will like to continue and to address me, so Okay, maybe we will have some fun along the way, I'm game. ( But don't think of me as game to be hunted, please. :D )

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

I had said I have nothing more to offer on the thread but it seems a few  will like to continue and to address me, so Okay, maybe we will have some fun along the way, I'm game. ( But don't think of me as game to be hunted, please. :D )

What was the attitude of the messenger of Yahweh with the Gospel of Peace ,  in Athens ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:
14 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Amen.  HalleluYAH !

Actually, I think we  are in it but not of it, simplejeff.

As Yahweh's Word says, we are in the world , and not of it.  

This does not change that Yahweh says "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE".

Out of what?  Out of false religion ?  Out of babylon?  Out of greed ?  Out of selfishness ?  Out of satan's control ? Our of Society ?

To go where JESUS WENT:

"OUTSIDE THE GATES"  to share in His Shame and Humilitation,  so that perhaps we may share in the RESURRECTION LIFE ?

• This is Worthy 1

BTW _- to me there is more than one choice of two. All is not polyanna, but  are we not to count it all for joy?

and are we not to run the race to the finish?

Are we to sit on our hands only lamenting?

Or are we to do all things to the Glory of God?

I really do find the constant presentation of gloom coming from a very few that  claim they are secure in our Lord Jesus to be more than odd, almost a sickness of spirit within them as well as a great sadness to read about. For how can anyone have Jesus and the awesome security of His faith that brings life eternal with God the Father and the Holy Spirit and Him, yet  then see all of life as unfair to them, and the world as a garbage dump.  

Actually I guess it is unfair in the sense that nothing is deserved, in which case I sure do not want what is fair to me. I want Jesus as my savior instead!

And yes that is all joy, all!  There is no sadness in that security. That security allows me to count all things, all happenings, all that I undergo  in my sanctification, as joy, not despair.

So do I share of gloom, or of joy in all things?  Am I to do all things in an attempt to bring glory to my savior's name?  Or, do I sit and lament of the calamities that befall me, and hope all others say amen to the recitation of calamities, plus add  their own too then  call this a garbage heap?

I say  no! We count it all for joy ( even that which hurts ) and take joy in the day and the eternity to come.

48 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What was the attitude of the messenger of Yahweh with the Gospel of Peace ,  in Athens ?

Attitude? Well,  I suggest the word distress that manifested in positive tones to all and a  sharing of the gospel of Jesus in a markedly polite manner so that some may have come to know of Jesus with salvation's circumcision of the heart.

Paul did not proclaim all there to be refuse in a garbage dump and then sit on his hands lamenting his own plight hoping to find company in misery.

Edited by Neighbor

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Paul did not proclaim all there to be refuse in a garbage dump

Well,  one point at a time.   He preached the GOOD NEWS to the dead.  Yahweh raised some of the dead to life in CHRIST.

That's the point of YAHWEH, JESUS, THE GOSPEL, and ALL BORN AGAIN OF HIM.

What did all the men of YAHWEH, all of His messengers, say about mankind, society , the world (of men as it is) ?

Much worse, much much worse,  than a garbage dump (even worse than women's rags thrown in the trash).

SALVATION is NOT from a "clean world",  but from a dead pernicious one; 

SALVATION is NOT from anything even close to "a good" society,  but from a deadly , dangerous, viciously evil one.

• This is Worthy 1

23 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Well,  one point at a time.   He preached the GOOD NEWS to the dead.  Yahweh raised some of the dead to life in CHRIST.

That's the point of YAHWEH, JESUS, THE GOSPEL, and ALL BORN AGAIN OF HIM.

What did all the men of YAHWEH, all of His messengers, say about mankind, society , the world (of men as it is) ?

Much worse, much much worse,  than a garbage dump (even worse than women's rags thrown in the trash).

SALVATION is NOT from a "clean world",  but a pernicious one; 

SALVATION is NOT from anything even close to "a good" society,  but a deadly , dangerous, viciously evil one.

I guess your are right some are going to find their joy  by declaring unclean, unclean, unclean!  But to what good purpose?

It seems to me by their constant and consistent proclamation, that  they don't have joy or even march ahead of the uncleanliness they see in all  of humanity and this earth. Instead there is the choice made to just sit on their own  filth seeking mental comfort in  finding others as unhappy as themselves.  That serves no good purpose as far as I can see.

So I will rather be happy! Happy even in the pain of this corruptible and failing carcass. I'd prefer to see the heroes of life around me, each doing their  work as bond-servants of our Lord, secure in the faith of Jesus, even in the pain  the deep pain of such endurance,  as they run the race finishing well.

Hey if this is as good as it gets, then suck it up, stand at the  post assigned, and rejoice, counting it all for joy for the privilege of our Lord's redemptive work done for His own flock. And; be of good cheer!