• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Actually, it is you who just do not seem to understand that you can't just "keep" the Sabbath according to what your own personal, or denomination concept of the Sabbath is.

The Sabbath must be kept according to the way the Bible says it must be kept.  If you dismiss, or fail to follow any dictate pertaining to the Sabbath as laid out in the Old Testament, then you are not keeping the Sabbath at all.  These three things must exist for anyone to keep the Sabbath, according to Mosaic law, and they are not optional:

1.  You must have a Temple in Jerusalem.

2.  You must have a Levitical Priesthood.

3.  You must have the system of daily sacrifices in place being performed daily.

1. The temple has moved.

1 Corinthians 3:16 
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst

2. Christ.

3. Romans 12:1

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship

This is what is called the Law of the Spirit, which does not violate Gods Laws. Gods laws can not violate each other.

The Sabbath was never about going to "Church,"

I never claimed it was. Until this following verse sinks in, you"ll never truely understand the purpose and meaning of the sabbath.

Isaiah 58:13

if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle word

My turn...

Has this prophecy been fulfilled about the sabbath?

Isaiah 58:13&14

if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle word, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

14 hours ago, other one said:

this is a discussion forum.....  it is not here for teaching unless you are part of the ministry....   you made posts which raised questions in my mind as to your purpose of the thread and you refuse to answer them...    you dodge around to be able to bring up the canned responses we have been reading here for the past 14 years that I've been here....

So I hope you might be able to see where I'm coming from.   You've been here since February and should know how this web site works.....   one starts a thread, but does not have the authority to say what can and can't be added to it.

So if a mod thinks I'm out of line they can ban me from the thread......    but I have questions about what you are saying and why..

If you have a question then ask it, stop prevaricating and certainly do not cast any more aspersions. please be respectful even if you can't apologise. 

16 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Same since the first century,  when Jesus brought new winde to replace the old wine.  Remember?   To those who held on to the old wine,

the new wine GOOD NEWS stunk a stench to them who were destined for judgment,

the same GOOD NEWS is a FRAGRANT AROMA to all of us who are destined for eternal life with JESUS !

If you have a question regarding the OP then ask it otherwise please don't post any more cryptic and possibly insulting messages on my thread. Thank you. 

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

Calm down. You can't take a challenge concerning time zones and the Sabbath?

The title of the OP is 'when is the Sabbath?'. I responded accordingly.

It is not about time zones, it's about more than just that. I have told you already and have reported you. Please either respond to the OP or refrain from commenting on this thread. I have asked politely and do so again.

14 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

People will debate the issue in the way they wish to.  You don't get to dictate how the thread runs just because you started it.  You don't get to dictate who responds in the thread and who cannot.  It would seem you just want to post stuff off the Internet that agrees with what you already believe and then expect people to just say "Yeah, you're right!"  You won't get that with this issue, because so far, you don't have any of the Sabbath-keeping group involved in the thread, your original premise is flawed, and the Sabbath is never dictated to be observed by the Church.  It's a non-issue. 

You will report people . . . for "de-railing the thread" because they don't respond the way you think they should?  Really?  And your telling people to calm down?  

If you can't respond to questions about what you post, in your own words, actually addressing the questions that are asked, in reality, your own thread is not the thread for you.  Just dropping in a cut & paste and saying "That answers your question" doesn't get it.  You have to be able to explain the point you are trying to get across in your own words, not some article off the Net.  It should be patently easy to figure out why time zones not being addressed is a problem, even if they could re-construct the original lunar calendar, (which they cannot), but you have no wish to deal with that issue.  Because you are not prepared to.  So you would not wish to deal with the even larger issue which cannot be resolved at all.  The civil, and ceremonial portions of Mosaic Law almost all have a component or components that require a Temple, in Jerusalem, with a Levitical Priesthood in place to administer them for any of them to be kept.  That includes the Sabbath.  Without a daily sacrificial system operating in Jerusalem, at the Temple, the Sabbath cannot be kept at all.  How do you solve that problem?

I have responded to you two pages ago and you have not read/understood it otherwise you would not be asking this. Please respond to the OP and or my post I gave you. If you keep making long speeches that are unrelated to the OP and ignore the subject matter I will have to report you. Please, I have and am asking you politely and with respect to do so.  

I will add that thousands of Christians and Jews follow the ancient Hebrew calendar; In the year 2000, a Jewish American called Nehemia Gordon began to coordinate Aviv barley searches and new crescent moon sightings from Jerusalem. He is now the co-founder of the World Karaite Movement, a Karaite revival group in Israel. Karaites believe that the divine commandments handed down to Moses by God were recorded in the Torah, and therefore do not accept the written collections of the oral traditions in the Jewish Midrash or Talmud Rabbinical writings. Some Christians have recognised the importance of his work in relation to the re-establishment of God’s Calendar in the land of Israel, and how it connects with end time prophecy. The OP provides links to Christian sites that that also follow God's Calendar as explained in the scriptures. You simply do not understands this issue, read the OP and long post I gave you and you might? 

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Actually, it is you who just do not seem to understand that you can't just "keep" the Sabbath according to what your own personal, or denomination concept of the Sabbath is.

The Sabbath must be kept according to the way the Bible says it must be kept.  If you dismiss, or fail to follow any dictate pertaining to the Sabbath as laid out in the Old Testament, then you are not keeping the Sabbath at all.  These three things must exist for anyone to keep the Sabbath, according to Mosaic law, and they are not optional:

1.  You must have a Temple in Jerusalem.

2.  You must have a Levitical Priesthood.

3.  You must have the system of daily sacrifices in place being performed daily.

I'll keep pointing it out, and not for your benefit, but the benefit of others reading the thread.  You are not keeping the Sabbath at all.  You are going to church on Saturday instead of Sunday.  Your day of "observance" is the only thing you do that comes close to keeping the Sabbath, but you either reject the rest of it, or are not performing the other components because it is impossible to do so.  You keep dismissing these components, but they are not optional.  If you fail on even one point, then you are not keeping the Sabbath.  You only keep one single component out of several that must be kept for you to be able to make even a halfway credible claim that you, or anyone else is "keeping" the Sabbath. 

You do the same thing that every single Sabbath keeper I have ever talked to does.  You take the components of the Sabbath you do not care for, or the ones you know you can't keep because it is either inconvenient, or impossible in today's modern society to do, and you toss them in the trash can.  The Sabbath was never about going to "Church," in what we understand as church.  That was not it's function.  Few Christians believe they are keeping the Sabbath by going to church on Sunday, and just going to church on Saturday instead does not fulfill the requirements for keeping the Sabbath either.  That is why you continually fail to actually address any issue brought up when it comes to many components you completely fail to keep, and/or outright reject when it comes to keeping the Sabbath, or even how you keep the Sabbath beyond meaningless generalities.  Because none of what you would use to illustrate how you keep the Sabbath, beyond doing it on Saturday would actually have anything to do with keeping it biblically and according to it's actual rules.  You can't travel beyond a certain distance from your house.  You can't light a fire, meaning, you can't drive your car to get to church.  You cannot even sit at home in your house with any utilities operating because you are causing others to have to work on the Sabbath to keep those utilities on.  You are causing the Police, EMT's and hospital personnel to have to work in case you get caught under your bedroom dresser or fall down the basement steps.  The only reason you adopt the "Jesus is now our sacrifice" excuse for dismissing the required blood sacrifices is because you cannot have those sacrifices performed.  You won't use Jesus as a complete fulfillment of the Sabbath that a Christian inherits as well when they accept Jesus as their Savior, but you will use Him as a vehicle of expedience when you know you can't keep the required OT sacrifices.  He's good enough for that, but the rest of it, not so much.  It's all about the day.  That's the only component of the Sabbath you actually "keep."  And that means you are still not actually keeping it.

This thread has nothing to do with any of that. You've missed the whole point. 

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

1. The temple has moved.

1 Corinthians 3:16 
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst

2. Christ.

3. Romans 12:1

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship

This is what is called the Law of the Spirit, which does not violate Gods Laws. Gods laws can not violate each other.

I never claimed it was. Until this following verse sinks in, you"ll never truely understand the purpose and meaning of the sabbath.

Isaiah 58:13

if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle word

My turn...

Has this prophecy been fulfilled about the sabbath?

Isaiah 58:13&14

if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle word, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

As I keep trying to tell Cabolt1959 this thread has nothing to do with what he is saying and if you would also like to read the OP I would be happy to respond to any questions you have regarding the subject matter I am discussing. Please read this and it may help you to see what I am discussing: 

1. It is reasonable to assume that Jesus kept the Sabbath and therefore the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts must have been common knowledge at this time.

2. After the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews no longer had a temple to sacrifice in nor a priesthood to do it as they had all been killed. The Romans virtually killed everyone in Jerusalem and Massada where the rest of the rebels ran to. This left the Jewish population decimated and of the Jews living else where in Israel who had survived, by cow-towing to the Romans, very few return or decided to live in Jerusalem after 70 AD. The Sanhedrin however did mange to largely survive and formed a seat of rabbinic learning in the south of Galilee, where they maintained the practice of keeping the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts by travelling to Jerusalem each month to sight the new moon. 

3. Over the successive generations from 70 AD onwards these traumatic events had forced the Jews to look for sanctuary within the rest of the Roman Empire and beyond in what was called the Diaspora. They were refugees scattered in small groups and families, struggling to survive in foreign countries where they were more often than not treated as the lowest of the low.

4. Then after the Simon Bar Kokbha revolt between 132 - 135 AD and Emperor Hadrian's violent response which was one of Rome's largest ever military responses to rebellion in the empire with some 13 legions being sent, (only 4 were sent in 70 AD for example); Hadrian then banned all Jews from even being with in eye sight of Jerusalem by pain of death and after this there were even fewer Jews living in Israel. This also meant the Sanhedrin could no longer visually sight the new moon from Jerusalem in order to know when their Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts were. Even though the new moon could be sighted from Jerusalem up to 135 AD this meant nothing to the poor survivors living abroad as there was no way that the monthly sightings could be sent to them quickly enough for them to calculate when the Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts were meant to be. They could try to sight the new moon from wherever they were but then this would be on different days compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west.

5. Instead the Jews found themselves living in an empire which was being taken over by the new Roman Julian calendar, named after Julius Caesar. This new calendar that first took effect in the province of Rome had started on 1st January 45 BC and this day was named 'Friday' (each the 7 days of this new calendar was given a new name, named after a Roman god). However the day before 1st January 45 BC the Romans calculated dates using a completely different ancient Roman calendar that had an 8 day week, where the days were simply named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years by the Romans in the province of Rome. The new Julian calendar 7 day week was created by Sosigenes the Greek Mathematician and it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar week, as they were totally separate from each other. It then took about 400 years before all the other countries within the Roman Empire were eventually forced to use the new Julian calendar as recorded in history. 

6. As the new Roman Julian 7 day week that began separately from the ancient Hebrew week began to take over the Roman Empire, the early church, which was mainly made up of non-Jews (after Peter the first Pope), simply used the new Julian calendar's 7th day (Saturday) as the Sabbath, even though it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar and its reckoning of when the Sabbath was. The Roman Catholic church carried on with this regardless of the fact that the Julian calendar was totally different from the ancient Hebrew calendar.

7. From 135 AD to 321 AD over half a dozen generations came and went, with each generation of impoverished Jews continuing the struggle to survive within the Roman Empire. As each generation lived and worked in these countries that were using the new 7 day Julian week, it meant that more and more Jews were forced to work on their Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar or face becoming even more impoverished. While they tried to maintain as much of their traditions as possible most could not keep their Sabbaths, new moons or annual feasts on the correct day as calculated by their ancient Hebrew calendar. As said even if they tried to sight the new moon from wherever they were living this would not be on the same day compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west, and more importantly on the day the new moon would be seen from Jerusalem. As each generation gradually came and went it became harder and harder to NOT fit in with the new Roman Julian 7 day working week and its Saturday Sabbath. Eventually over these generations the ancient reckoning of the Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar was practically lost to history and the Jews living in the Empire gradually accepted Saturday as the Sabbath more and more. 

8. Then in 321 AD the Roman Emperor Constantine who hated the Jews (along with most of the rest of the Roman world) changed the day of rest on the new Julian calendar from Saturday to Sunday, this forced the impoverished Jews to either work on what many thought by now was the Sabbath (Saturday) or become even more impoverished. This caused and has since caused even more confusion amongst Christians and Jews as to when the real Sabbath is, as really it has never been on Saturday or Sunday on the Roman Julian calendar but has always been calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar.

9. In response to all this in 359 AD Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II in Israel created the new modern Jewish calendar which uses the mathematically calculated Metonic 19 year lunar cycle, that allowed Jews to celebrate all of their new moon days and annual feast days on the same day no matter where in the world they lived (even though half of the time it is a day out compared to the visually sighted new moon from Jerusalem). However, although this gives a good approximation of when the Jewish new moon days and annual feast are, Hillel appears to have not attempted to try and get the Jews to also follow the original Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar. The reason for this was because the Jews who were scattered across the Roman Empire and beyond were still simply struggling to survive and had become so used to the new Julian calendar and it's Saturday Sabbath, that if they would have tried to go back to worshipping on the correct day as reckoned by their ancient Hebrew calendar it would have placed a further burden on them and put them at risk of being even more persecuted, because taking days off work that were calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar rather than fitting in with the Julian Saturday Sabbath would have caused confusion and more resentment towards them.

10. The Hebrew calendar and it reckoning of when the Sabbath really was drifted from human history to be almost forgotten. This calendar that was once common knowledge to the ancient Hebrews and the authors of the Bible never thought it necessary to explain this calendar in one convenient place as they never envisaged a time when it would not be used. However, hidden amongst the scriptures of the Bible are many references to the ancient Hebrew calendar and its Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts, which can be sifted out and reconstructed. This is not an easy thing to do however, if it was then more people would know about it but then most people don't even know about all the above information either, so it is understandable if you have never heard about where and how these snippets of scripture explain the ancient Hebrew calendar. Their are various studies on the ancient Hebrew calendar as describes in the Bible and here are a few that are helpful:

Articles:

https://guidetothebible.wordpress.co...ding-the-book/

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

45 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Okay, here then is the OP (unless I am mistaken):

The thing is this: the Sabbath is no longer a question of when,  but rather of whom. With His death on the cross, Jesus became the Ultimate Sacrifice:

" But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “THIS IS THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT WHICH GOD COMMANDED YOU.” And in the same way he sprinkled both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood. And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own. Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him." (Hebrews 9:11-28, NASB, emphasis mine)

With this, the sacrifices of the altar had been fulfilled; they were never meant to permanently atone for sin, unlike Christ's sacrifice:

" For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,  “SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME; IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE. “THEN I SAID, ‘BEHOLD, I HAVE COME  (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME)   TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.’” After saying above, “SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them” (which are offered according to the Law), then He said, “BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second. By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, “THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM  AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:  I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,  AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”  He then says, “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS  I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.” Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin." (Hebrews 10: 1-18, NASB, emphasis mine)

In these two passages, the sacrifice that must be offered for the Sabbath has been rescinded; according to the Law, to keep the Sabbath, one MUST offer a sacrifice:

" Then on the sabbath day two male lambs one year old without defect, and two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil as a grain offering, and its drink offering: ‘This is the burnt offering of every sabbath in addition to the continual burnt offering and its drink offering." (Numbers 28:9-10, NASB, emphasis mine)

How then, can someone then celebrate the Sabbath without this sacrifice? If you say "Jesus is the sacrifice", then you are agreeing that then the Law has been addressed and fulfilled:

"Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise. Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise." (Galatians 3:15-29, NASB, emphasis mine)

Indeed, Christ fulfilled them:

" “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:17-19, NASB, emphasis mine)

But one could say: "See?!  It SAYS 'until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished"!! It also says whoever teaches others NOT TO KEEP THEM will be the least in Heaven!"

So, how to rectify the disparity between Jesus' words and Paul's words, though they be from the same source?

The answer is that the Law indeed will never pass away; it's purpose until the heaven and earth are finished in fiery destruction is to point men to the fact that they cannot keep the Law as it requires. And it is this conviction and pointing to the Lord, until all men are either redeemed or damned, that must stand to show mankind that their own efforts at being holy and pure enough to meet God's standards will always fail. But once we die with Christ on the cross, we are dead to the Law. It is not that the Law has been destroyed, but rather, that we are freed from it and walk in a new life where it holds no sway:

" Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives? For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband. So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “YOU SHALL NOT COVET.” But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead. I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful."  (Romans 7:1-13, NASB, emphasis mine)

In that the Lord Jesus' sacrifice fulfilled the requirement of the sacrifice at the altar of the Temple (which was only a "shadow and copy" of the one in heaven); that no other sacrifice is needed or even desired because Christ's alone is all that can and will satisfy; and because we died with the Lord and now walk in a new life that the Law has no binding upon, we look now at the culmination of the issue:

"For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:8-16, NASB, emphasis mine)

Jesus is indeed our Sabbath rest,  as He has done all that is required to fulfill not only the sacrifice, but to give us His righteousness as well.  And with that, His work was finished, when, after offering Himself, He sat down at the right hand of the Father. His sacrifice, accepted at the altar in heaven, means that the living sacrifices we offer ourselves as in our hearts (which are a temple in of themselves), are not of celebration of the Sabbath.

We are no longer alive to that requirement, as we now rest eternally with the Lord.

Yes I agree with your sentiments but that is not what this thread is about, I am discussing when the Sabbath is. If you wish to discuss whom is the Sabbath or anything else please start you own thread. Perhaps if you would like to read this it may help you understand more about what I am trying to discuss: 

1. It is reasonable to assume that Jesus kept the Sabbath and therefore the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts must have been common knowledge at this time.

2. After the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews no longer had a temple to sacrifice in nor a priesthood to do it as they had all been killed. The Romans virtually killed everyone in Jerusalem and Massada where the rest of the rebels ran to. This left the Jewish population decimated and of the Jews living else where in Israel who had survived, by cow-towing to the Romans, very few return or decided to live in Jerusalem after 70 AD. The Sanhedrin however did mange to largely survive and formed a seat of rabbinic learning in the south of Galilee, where they maintained the practice of keeping the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts by travelling to Jerusalem each month to sight the new moon. 

3. Over the successive generations from 70 AD onwards these traumatic events had forced the Jews to look for sanctuary within the rest of the Roman Empire and beyond in what was called the Diaspora. They were refugees scattered in small groups and families, struggling to survive in foreign countries where they were more often than not treated as the lowest of the low.

4. Then after the Simon Bar Kokbha revolt between 132 - 135 AD and Emperor Hadrian's violent response which was one of Rome's largest ever military responses to rebellion in the empire with some 13 legions being sent, (only 4 were sent in 70 AD for example); Hadrian then banned all Jews from even being with in eye sight of Jerusalem by pain of death and after this there were even fewer Jews living in Israel. This also meant the Sanhedrin could no longer visually sight the new moon from Jerusalem in order to know when their Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts were. Even though the new moon could be sighted from Jerusalem up to 135 AD this meant nothing to the poor survivors living abroad as there was no way that the monthly sightings could be sent to them quickly enough for them to calculate when the Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts were meant to be. They could try to sight the new moon from wherever they were but then this would be on different days compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west.

5. Instead the Jews found themselves living in an empire which was being taken over by the new Roman Julian calendar, named after Julius Caesar. This new calendar that first took effect in the province of Rome had started on 1st January 45 BC and this day was named 'Friday' (each the 7 days of this new calendar was given a new name, named after a Roman god). However the day before 1st January 45 BC the Romans calculated dates using a completely different ancient Roman calendar that had an 8 day week, where the days were simply named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years by the Romans in the province of Rome. The new Julian calendar 7 day week was created by Sosigenes the Greek Mathematician and it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar week, as they were totally separate from each other. It then took about 400 years before all the other countries within the Roman Empire were eventually forced to use the new Julian calendar as recorded in history. 

6. As the new Roman Julian 7 day week that began separately from the ancient Hebrew week began to take over the Roman Empire, the early church, which was mainly made up of non-Jews (after Peter the first Pope), simply used the new Julian calendar's 7th day (Saturday) as the Sabbath, even though it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar and its reckoning of when the Sabbath was. The Roman Catholic church carried on with this regardless of the fact that the Julian calendar was totally different from the ancient Hebrew calendar.

7. From 135 AD to 321 AD over half a dozen generations came and went, with each generation of impoverished Jews continuing the struggle to survive within the Roman Empire. As each generation lived and worked in these countries that were using the new 7 day Julian week, it meant that more and more Jews were forced to work on their Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar or face becoming even more impoverished. While they tried to maintain as much of their traditions as possible most could not keep their Sabbaths, new moons or annual feasts on the correct day as calculated by their ancient Hebrew calendar. As said even if they tried to sight the new moon from wherever they were living this would not be on the same day compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west, and more importantly on the day the new moon would be seen from Jerusalem. As each generation gradually came and went it became harder and harder to NOT fit in with the new Roman Julian 7 day working week and its Saturday Sabbath. Eventually over these generations the ancient reckoning of the Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar was practically lost to history and the Jews living in the Empire gradually accepted Saturday as the Sabbath more and more. 

8. Then in 321 AD the Roman Emperor Constantine who hated the Jews (along with most of the rest of the Roman world) changed the day of rest on the new Julian calendar from Saturday to Sunday, this forced the impoverished Jews to either work on what many thought by now was the Sabbath (Saturday) or become even more impoverished. This caused and has since caused even more confusion amongst Christians and Jews as to when the real Sabbath is, as really it has never been on Saturday or Sunday on the Roman Julian calendar but has always been calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar.

9. In response to all this in 359 AD Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II in Israel created the new modern Jewish calendar which uses the mathematically calculated Metonic 19 year lunar cycle, that allowed Jews to celebrate all of their new moon days and annual feast days on the same day no matter where in the world they lived (even though half of the time it is a day out compared to the visually sighted new moon from Jerusalem). However, although this gives a good approximation of when the Jewish new moon days and annual feast are, Hillel appears to have not attempted to try and get the Jews to also follow the original Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar. The reason for this was because the Jews who were scattered across the Roman Empire and beyond were still simply struggling to survive and had become so used to the new Julian calendar and it's Saturday Sabbath, that if they would have tried to go back to worshipping on the correct day as reckoned by their ancient Hebrew calendar it would have placed a further burden on them and put them at risk of being even more persecuted, because taking days off work that were calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar rather than fitting in with the Julian Saturday Sabbath would have caused confusion and more resentment towards them.

10. The Hebrew calendar and it reckoning of when the Sabbath really was drifted from human history to be almost forgotten. This calendar that was once common knowledge to the ancient Hebrews and the authors of the Bible never thought it necessary to explain this calendar in one convenient place as they never envisaged a time when it would not be used. However, hidden amongst the scriptures of the Bible are many references to the ancient Hebrew calendar and its Sabbaths, new moons and annual feasts, which can be sifted out and reconstructed. This is not an easy thing to do however, if it was then more people would know about it but then most people don't even know about all the above information either, so it is understandable if you have never heard about where and how these snippets of scripture explain the ancient Hebrew calendar. Their are various studies on the ancient Hebrew calendar as describes in the Bible and here are a few that are helpful:

Articles:

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

1 hour ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Yes I agree with your sentiments but that is not what this thread is about, I am discussing when the Sabbath is. If you wish to discuss whom is the Sabbath or anything else please start you own thread. Perhaps if you would like to read this it may help you understand more about what I am trying to discuss: 

Articles:

Ok i see your frustration....is it lunar, saturday or Sunday?

The article is very speculative to support lunar. im in favor of saturday as the true sabbath day.

5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Ok i see your frustration....is it lunar, saturday or Sunday?

The article is very speculative to support lunar. im in favor of saturday as the true sabbath day.

Thanks but my frustration or rather non-plus POV is that the Sabbath is neither Saturday or Sunday but is lunar as the OP and that long post explains. Yes I know it's long and it is somewhat complex to understand but it is not beyond most peoples ability to grasp what is being explained and to believe these facts.