• Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

[quote name='Bro David

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
For every evil you can remove from your life, you can give your kids that little better chance to survive it. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beautiful words indeed.

I would have to agree.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Years ago, when I was a newlywed, I thought I was dressing modestly. I had never heard of the 'bend-over' test though. I wish I had heard of it!

In the bend-over test, you stand in front of a mirror and bend forward, and check your reflection to see if people can look down your blouse when you are bent over like that.

You see, all those years ago, I bent over one day. And a friend of my husband happened to be standing in just the wrong spot at the time - and he peeked down my front. I only found out about it years later, after my husband passed away, when this friend of his finally told me about what had happened that day. I was horrified, and apologized immediately. Offered to apologize to his wife as well.

Well... turned out, it wasn't an apology this man was looking for. He started telling me very vulgar stuff - apparently, he had been using that memory of that view of me, in order to commit mental adultery against his wife. All. Those. Years.

And now that my husband was dead, this man had the gall to proposition me!

I cut off all contact. I was steaming mad too, at his abuse of my husband's friendship with him, as well as his betrayal of his wife - and using a mental image of me to do it!

Well - I guard what I wear a good bit better now than I used to.

Yes, I know there are guys out there who will lust after anything female - she could be wearing a burka, and he'd still find some excuse to get into lust. But there is no reason for *me* to be careless and give a guy some visual that he can use in his own head for years afterwards. Now, is there?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Years ago, when I was a newlywed, I thought I was dressing modestly.  I had never heard of the 'bend-over' test though.  I wish I had heard of it!

In the bend-over test, you stand in front of a mirror and bend forward, and check your reflection to see if people can look down your blouse when you are bent over like that.

You see, all those years ago, I bent over one day.  And a friend of my husband happened to be standing in just the wrong spot at the time - and he peeked down my front.  I only found out about it years later, after my husband passed away, when this friend of his finally told me about what had happened that day.  I was horrified, and apologized immediately.  Offered to apologize to his wife as well.

Well... turned out, it wasn't an apology this man was looking for.  He started telling me very vulgar stuff - apparently, he had been using that memory of that view of me, in order to commit mental adultery against his wife.  All. Those. Years.

I cut off all contact.  I was steaming mad too, at his abuse of my husband's friendship with him, as well as his betrayal of his wife - and using a mental image of me to do it!

Yes, I know there are guys out there who will lust after anything female - she could be wearing a burka, and he'd still find some excuse to get into lust.  But there is no reason for *me* to be careless and give a guy some visual that he can use in his own head for years afterwards.  Now, is there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though it is probably not your favorite story to share....thank you for sharing!! That is a perfect example of what we are discussing!

I teach a teen class and once I had to talk to the girls (boys had their own session with a man) about abstinence. I put out a bowl of candy and a sign that said, "help yourself". However when they reached for it, I yelled at them to keep their hands off. They protested that the sign said "help yourself" and I protested back that I had the right to put that sign there, but I didn't really mean what it said. They were irrate with me!

I explained that when we dress certain ways...that is exactly what some people see (a sign that says, "help yourself") and it is a little irrational of us to become upset if that is how people react to us. Regardless of what our intent may be or how we view ourselves, we also need to remember how others may view us.

It stuck with many of them!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Years ago, when I was a newlywed, I thought I was dressing modestly.  I had never heard of the 'bend-over' test though.  I wish I had heard of it!

You see, all those years ago, I bent over one day.  And a friend of my husband happened to be standing in just the wrong spot at the time - and he peeked down my front.  I only found out about it years later, after my husband passed away, when this friend of his finally told me about what had happened that day.  I was horrified, and apologized immediately.  Offered to apologize to his wife as well.

Well... turned out, it wasn't an apology this man was looking for.  He started telling me very vulgar stuff - apparently, he had been using that memory of that view of me, in order to commit mental adultery against his wife.  All. Those. Years.

I cut off all contact.  I was steaming mad too, at his abuse of my husband's friendship with him, as well as his betrayal of his wife - and using a mental image of me to do it!

Yes, I know there are guys out there who will lust after anything female - she could be wearing a burka, and he'd still find some excuse to get into lust.  But there is no reason for *me* to be careless and give a guy some visual that he can use in his own head for years afterwards.  Now, is there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my goodness, TMI? Well hey thank you for sharing that story with us. It does happen unfortunatly!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

This may have already been said, if so, I apologize for being redundant.

If you wouldn't wear it in front of Jesus........don't wear it.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!!! I agree 100%!!! Can't be said too much.

I don't mean to cross threads here, but TV tells our kids how to dress,act,look and so on. TV is poison. Get rid of it and the kids start becomeing normal again :)  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I gotta agree with you there. A LOT less Hollywood could make a world of difference to kids and adults!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I appreciate your example. We can dress to please self and others or to please God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I don't mean to cross threads here, but TV tells our kids how to dress,act,look and so on. TV is poison. Get rid of it and the kids start becomeing normal again :thumbsup:  :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you're saying kids can't think for themselves?? I watch TV, I still dress decently, I don't swear, I don't sleep around.... could it be I'm thinking for myself? TV can only influence someone so much and only if they let it.

Guest Athaliah
What do you think about how a woman dresses?  Does it matter?  If so, what should she wear?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it does matter how a woman dresses. I think women should dress modestly. I don't think it's appropriate for a woman to run around in skimpy clothing.