lokp

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone else try to get round a closed door? that is when the Lord wants a pursuit or "bee in your bonnet" to  stop, we try every conceivable way to get round that door...could I please have serious, not flippant answers like the first 2 replies

Edited by lokp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I stand at the door and knock. Not pound. Not beg and plead. Just knock. Then I move on.

This is what I learned from the Lord Jesus in his example.

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I stand at the door and knock. Not pound. Not beg and plead. Just knock. Then I move on.

This is what I learned from the Lord Jesus in his example.

John, the challenge for me is not knocking,,,do I make sense?

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, lokp said:

John, the challenge for me is not knocking,,,do I make sense?

Invent a working Star Trek transporter unit.

Live long and, you know...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Okay; 

what are you trying to accomplish? 

Who or what is staying in the doorway providing resistance to your goal?

Do you actually know your end goal?

Is it Biblically sound?

Is it perhaps occurring but not for you to see the yield?

Ask of God these questions and see if there is then motion that redirects or redoubles your desires to be of service for the glory of God in the manner you envision.

That is my encouragement.

I have seldom seen the door I am being dragged through by God, until I am on the other side of it.

But; the one time I do remember, it was a nine month gestation process filled with paralyzing times of quiet and even depression, visions and well kind of prophesy in that others were also led to making my move into the action my Lord was compelling me to do via the Holy Spirit. 

It was a hard and a bit of a horrible time. Yet one that  became a time of awe and wonder of God within me.  -And then I had to  move my family 2800 miles to  honor that call.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I have seldom seen the door I am being dragged through by God, until I am on the other side of it.

But; the one time I do remember, it was a nine month gestation process filled with paralyzing times of quiet and even depression, visions and well kind of prophesy in that others were also led to making my move into the action my Lord was compelling me to do via the Holy Spirit. 

It was a hard and a bit of a horrible time. Yet one that  became a time of awe and wonder of God within me.  -And then I had to  move my family 2800 miles to  honor that call.

bud, great that y0u get my question....in fact until I am on the other side of it. is exactly my feeling

the experience that prompted my question was a small matter compared to your  family decison. I was exited  by an idea to get custom sounds  into this laptop for activation whenever, like new mail, occurs. I persisted trying to download the right app and spent 3 hours going round in circles, as each app failed to do the job. Finally I gave up and sat on the toilet in dispair. The the Lord whispered "trust me, not a good idea"

• Thumbs Up 1

The Lord speaks, He uses the foolish things in so doing. Kinda puts the fun into life's adventure. My God is an awesome God with a grand sense of humor.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, lokp said:

bud, great that y0u get my question....in fact until I am on the other side of it. is exactly my feeling

the experience that prompted my question was a small matter compared to your  family decison. I was exited  by an idea to get custom sounds  into this laptop for activation whenever, like new mail, occurs. I persisted trying to download the right app and spent 3 hours going round in circles, as each app failed to do the job. Finally I gave up and sat on the toilet in dispair. The the Lord whispered "trust me, not a good idea"

Hey Lokp. Whenever I find I do not keep up with new software or operating systems functions, and just cannot figure out some solution to get my PC to listen to me,   I simply call my kids or grand kids. There response is usually something like  "that's easy grandpa"                     You might try getting help..........

Pro_19:20  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou may be wise in thy latter end.

Oh, I can understand God not liking the idea of new phone/smart devices sounds. The Holy spirit indwelling the saints gets to have to hear all those sounds? Oh my what a horror! 

I use a simple ping as an alert. That's bad enough. But sounds that are supposed to entertain? They go off in church when the phone is not shut off. Perhaps the whole let me entertain you with noises and clips of sounds and songs is not a good idea in general. I no longer know if my front door bell sounded or it's a tv ad or the oven reached temperature or my phone is ringing or...

It is a world of annoying sounds. The only one I really like is the sound of new life complaining  that it is boring here, a baby or toddler cries out, let's do something people! That I get a kick out of, for just the fact it isa  new life, an encouragement.

Edited by Neighbor