• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,592
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Oh, I can understand God not liking the idea of new phone/smart devices sounds. The Holy spirit indwelling the saints gets to have to hear all those sounds? Oh my what a horror! 

I use a simple ping as an alert. That's bad enough. But sounds that are supposed to entertain? They go off in church when the smart phone or tablet apps are not shut off. Perhaps the whole let me entertain you with noises and clips of sounds and songs is not a good idea in general. I no longer know if my front door bell sounded or it's a tv ad or the oven reached temperature or my phone is ringing or...

It is a world of annoying sounds. The only one I really like is the sound of new life complaining  that it is boring here, a baby or toddler cries out, let's do something people! That I get a kick out of, for just the fact it isa  new life, an encouragement.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hey Lokp. Whenever I find I do not keep up with new software or operating systems functions, and just cannot figure out some solution to get my PC to listen to me,   I simply call my kids or grand kids. There response is usually something like  "that's easy grandpa"                     You might try getting help..........

Pro_19:20  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou may be wise in thy latter end.

that'sw why I joined here ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, lokp said:
12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hey Lokp. Whenever I find I do not keep up with new software or operating systems functions, and just cannot figure out some solution to get my PC to listen to me,   I simply call my kids or grand kids. There response is usually something like  "that's easy grandpa"                     You might try getting help..........

Pro_19:20  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou may be wise in thy latter end.

that'sw why I joined here ;)

Hey Lokp. Trying to help here. I also run into brick walls all the time, trying to accomplish a given task, problem, repair, etc. I don't consider God is trying to tell me something when I can't figure something out, unless I forgot to acknowledge Him. Paul was very persistent, running the race, fighting the good fight. Jacob wrestled with the angel till he accomplished his goal. Sometimes, for myself anyway, there may be  an additional  reason I'm having difficulty, and the Lord may be wanting to teach me something (patience-persistence-prayer-etc) Asking my daughter about what your looking for, if it's a "windows" operating system, there is a possible way to set up maybe what you want, and she feels sure there is an apps to accomplish your task. She has done notification tones in her PC similar. I always do the opposite, as I prefer silence, and will check emails etc, when it's convenient. Hope this may help, but maybe one of your computer literate friends could help.

28 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

maybe one of your computer literate friends could help.

my cl friend is hardware-focused and software-blurred but I am interested in how your daughter used an app to set nt in her pc. I spent 3 fruitless hours trying to do that. I have win 10 on laptop

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

-

you know bud, that quoting yourself is the first sign, at least in Florida

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

19 hours ago, lokp said:

Anyone else try to get round a closed door? that is when the Lord wants a pursuit or "bee in your bonnet" to  stop, we try every conceivable way to get round that door...could I please have serious, not flippant answers like the first 2 replies

Thank you lokp. I don't try to push with my right hand anymore.

If the going isn't easy going through a door, I back off until I know what His will is.
I don't try to "ram" my way through.

When obstacles are put in my way like that, I know it's the wrong way to go, and Jesus doesn't want me to go that way.
The way He wants me to go is always easy.
Paul

9 minutes ago, HarvestLabourer said:

The way He wants me to go is always easy.

very true....I tell you openly, there is a local identity who's a look-a-like, and more than a little  weed is part of his diet. It's quite illuminating to hear your heart bro- no doubt you get labelled like I do since my look is unkept. May you continue to spread His fragrance.

My weed is my back garden which I check out daily to identify those strange herbs that actually have stunning little flowers!

On 12/2/2017 at 11:59 PM, Neighbor said:

Oh, I can understand God not liking the idea of new phone/smart devices sounds. The Holy spirit indwelling the saints gets to have to hear all those sounds? Oh my what a horror! 

I use a simple ping as an alert. That's bad enough. But sounds that are supposed to entertain? They go off in church when the phone is not shut off. Perhaps the whole let me entertain you with noises and clips of sounds and songs is not a good idea in general. I no longer know if my front door bell sounded or it's a tv ad or the oven reached temperature or my phone is ringing or...

It is a world of annoying sounds. The only one I really like is the sound of new life complaining  that it is boring here, a baby or toddler cries out, let's do something people! That I get a kick out of, for just the fact it isa  new life, an encouragement.

just trying to understand your personality bro, we  all have value, guess u r very sociable and animated...close?

On 12/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, Yowm said:

Sounds like whoever tries will for sure get 'stung'. lol

profound young man!