IGNORED

Senate Passes Major Tax Reform Package

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

The U.S. Senate voted just before 2 a.m. ET Saturday to pass a sweeping tax overhaul worth roughly $1.4 trillion, putting the Trump White House a big step closer to its first major legislative victory – and many Americans closer to a tax cut.

The bill is still not yet finalized. Saturday's vote means the Senate and House have passed similar tax reform plans, but negotiators from both chambers will have to meet and agree on a single piece of legislation that will be voted on by both chambers before it is sent to President Donald Trump for his signature.

Read more at:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/02/senate-passes-major-tax-reform-package.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Not a tax cut for me.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Well the Senate passed an bill they had not read, what could go wrong.  That worked so well with ObamCare

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Not a tax cut for me.

How do you know? Do you not have to pay income taxes corporate or personal? 

The relief will not likely be personal benefit to me either, but it sure will be great encouragement to my offspring and for so many families across the land.  I do hope  that it will become finalized, even within this nasty atmosphere of hatred that permeates our land's politicians.

Drain the swamp-pave it over, make it a parking lot.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

How do you know? Do you not have to pay income taxes corporate or personal? 

The relief will not likely be personal benefit to me either, but it sure will be great encouragement to my offspring and for so many families across the land.  I do hope  that it will become finalized, even within this nasty atmosphere of hatred that permeates our land's politicians.

Drain the swamp-pave it over, make it a parking lot.

I know because Ive been paying attention to this bill. I have looked it over and compared them to my situation and it will cost me extra instead of giving me a cut. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Actually I do not favor income taxes of any kind, but if there are to be taxes based upon income I think everyone need put skin in the game, no exceptions. I would prefer the older federal excise tax on items over a specific dollar value.

All I know is  whatever I have done in life has been taxed, and then the reminder left to me is taxed yet again in some form, and the tax laws always changed to harm my own long term interests.

In spite of it all, God has made perfect provision for my needs in life. Not always seen nor appreciated at the time by me, but perfect none the less.

Edited by Neighbor

Guest shiloh357
On 12/2/2017 at 3:29 PM, Neighbor said:

Actually I do not favor income taxes of any kind, but if there are to be taxes based upon income I think everyone need put skin in the game, no exceptions. I would prefer the older federal excise tax on items over a specific dollar value.

All I know is  whatever I have done in life has been taxed, and then the reminder left to me is taxed yet again in some form, and the tax laws always changed to harm my own long term interests.

In spite of it all, God has made perfect provision for my needs in life. Not always seen nor appreciated at the time by me, but perfect none the less.

I would prefer taxing returned to the states and eliminate the federal income tax altogether.   That way the fed. gov't. has to work with the taxes they get from the states.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

All I know is my job will get a lot more interesting if or when the bill makes it into law. Then we'll get to deal with all the tax law changes . . . and so will our clients. There are some who freak out at the mere mention of regulatory changes - usually before we have any answers for them. Fun times.  :)

Guest shiloh357

This bill is not perfect, but the legislature can tweak it and make changes to it to make it better after they pass it. 

They have come realize that if they continue obstruct and refuse to pass laws because it would give Trump a legislative victory, they are shooting themselves in the foot.   If they don't pass some good legislation they  will not get re-elected and that is a fate worse than death for a politician.