• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/10/2017 at 11:57 AM, MyLordsServant said:

I'm not saying he isn't the corner stone. If you carefully read what I say in the OP, you'll understand. The corner stone can be the top of a triangular pyramid. All I'm saying is, the pyramid(object) fits better than the corner of a building foundation. 

I have to agree with you, with the reference to the second scripture. 

As we know Jesus is the Corner stone, that the builders rejected and crusified him, thus making him the corner stone.

To that I have to thank them for their help. 

their rejection, their loss but not to all, because many believe , is our gain , let us remain humble. 

But what about the scripture that you posted, calling Jesus the top stone. 

A scripture that comes in mind is, and God exaulted him and raise him up above all powers and authorities, and sitted him on his Throne and made him above all things. 

The Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings, and 

Every knee shal bow down to him. 

Good scripture and if you want to evision that scripture like a spiritual pyramid of powers and authorities with Jesus higher and above all, and everyone else under his feet, I do not see any harm to it. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

But what about the scripture that you posted, calling Jesus the top stone. 

A scripture that comes in mind is, and God exaulted him and raise him up above all powers and authorities, and sitted him on his Throne and made him above all things. 

The Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings, and 

Every knee shal bow down to him. 

Good scripture and if you want to evision that scripture like a spiritual pyramid of powers and authorities with Jesus higher and above all, and everyone else under his feet, I do not see any harm to it. 

In the Hebraic translation of cornerstone, there are 2 conceptions. One being the cap/top stone, the other being the literal "corner". Also, it's figurative of He who is "the first and the last". And as you mentioned, he would be the top as God exalted him, but also the foundation.

In this sense, I used the top stone verse. This is why I agree that he is the cornerstone, but I find the cornerstone of a pyramid is a better fit to the metaphor. 

My reason for referring to the pyramid cap stone, was that it better fits the full verse. Like I mentioned, you can't fall into a corner and be broken. As Jesus refers in the same verse, that he is the cornerstone the builders rejected, and who ever falls on it will be broken, and who ever it falls on will be grinded.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

In the Hebraic translation of cornerstone, there are 2 conceptions. One being the cap/top stone, the other being the literal "corner". Also, it's figurative of He who is "the first and the last". And as you mentioned, he would be the top as God exalted him, but also the foundation.

In this sense, I used the top stone verse. This is why I agree that he is the cornerstone, but I find the cornerstone of a pyramid is a better fit to the metaphor. 

My reason for referring to the pyramid cap stone, was that it better fits the full verse. Like I mentioned, you can't fall into a corner and be broken. As Jesus refers in the same verse, that he is the cornerstone the builders rejected, and who ever falls on it will be broken, and who ever it falls on will be grinded.

Jesus was appointed to be the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings and the one to be sitted on the Throne of God. Or the top stone above all other stones, the highest of all. 

But as Jesus said if I do not drink this cup, nothing will be accomplish. 

And later after the resuraction he said to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. 

Don't you know that it is foretold in the scriptures that the Christ have to suffer first and die before he receives his glory. 

Jesus is both the First and the Last.  

He is both first with his death he became the corner stone, the foundational stone. 

We are the living stones added upon the corner stone , part of the building of God. 

And at the same time Jesus has been glorified and is the head of the Church, from whom all things flow. 

Paul said we only need Jesus, he is the head of all. 

PS 

Moses was the first of the old covenant, but he said someone else will bring the new covenant, him you have to follow. 

Jesus is the first of the new covenant and no one after him. 

The Last , God will not sent anyone else after him.

He is the Last from God, the savior of the whole world.

The Jews who still hope for the Christ to come, they will be disappointed or the fall on the stone who is Jesus and like the wheet who is crush by the stone and it is grinded, so are those who have a different profile of the Christ and refuse to accept Jesus as the Christ, are lost.

There is no other Christ sent from God to save them. They are lost if they continiun to denied. 

Just for reference, Moses gave the testimony on the mountain of configuration of what is the will of Heaven, and said to the disciples, jesus is the one who I had sent God will sent after me, him to follow. 

And Elias was together with Moses , because the disciples knew that Elias was taken in Heaven, 

So Moses was together Elias. To give the testimony for the first time to the disciples that Moses was taken to Heaven when he went to the mountain. 

That's why they could not find his body. 

Hope that I post things relevant to your questions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Zechariah 4 : 7 thru 9 Is most definitely NOT referring to a pyramid at all. Zerubbabel was one of the Jewish captives that returned to Judah after the Babylonian exile and he was governor of Judah. He immediately began work on the rebuilding of the temple. But as construction began, the Jews than were building ran into opposition, hindrance, and discouragement from the surrounding neighbors. The passages here are speaking symbolically as an assurance that the temple which had been started, would indeed be finished and the final stone put into place, in spite of the opposition because the rebuilding of the temple had God's blessing upon it. This passage is speaking of the temple in Judah.

A cornerstone is the first stone and the most important stone put into place on the foundation of which all the other stones are matched to it and are built upon it. Cornerstones are carefully inspected, and if it is flawed in any way, all the other stones after it will be off and the building will fall. Such flawed cornerstones were rejected by builders. The capstone or top stone is the last stone put in place, and no other stones are needed.

The Psalms 118: 22 passage is symbolically speaking of Jesus as the cornerstone in which the Jewish leaders rejected. The Jewish leaders were symbolically referred to as the builder's. The other biblical passages that speak of Jesus as the stone that makes men stumble; is spoken of as a figurative expression of spiritual downfall. To those who reject him, he is a stumbling stone in the way that they fall over. And a crushing stone of judgment to the disbelieving.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

@MyLordsServant 'Oy Vey', that is your best response to an honest question? Revealing.

You along with most other replies, have completely ignored the point of my original post. Read through the comments, where I reveal my answers. Thanks friend :) 

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

You were asking for our opinion. I didn't realize this was some sort of class. I gave my opinion you gave yours.

Jesus was speaking to a Jewish audience in Israel, not to Egyptians in Egypt so any building reference would unlikely be of a pyramid. That is my opinion.

I appreciate your opinion and it is correct. However, I'm sure Jesus was well aware of Egyptian culture, and would have no issue referencing from it.

Let's just say Jesus is the Cornerstone, and leave it at that.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

I appreciate your opinion and it is correct. However, I'm sure Jesus was well aware of Egyptian culture, and would have no issue referencing from it.

Let's just say Jesus is the Cornerstone, and leave it at that.

This is what I am talking about .   Ya got good witness , but stuff like this WILL RUIN IT .   Abort this post .

They built the pattern of the temple according the the pattern GOD gave.   IS the jewish temple a pyramid. NO , nor is the heavenly one.   Just leave this be.

you will ruin your witness in other areas with this .    TRULY it is a good thing the heart be established WITH GRACE and not meats which have not profited those within.

Just end this post .  please.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

31 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Hi MyLord'sServant, (sorry, I came in late to this discussion)...

Are you referring to the thoughts of Irishman, Patrick Heron, in regards to the New Jerusalem being a pyramid re: the Great Pyramid of Giza?

Nope

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 12/9/2017 at 10:44 PM, MyLordsServant said:

"‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."

How can the corner be the head, if there's 4 corners? How can you fall into a corner at the bottom, and be broken to pieces?

Would make more sense, that Jesus refers to a pyramid. The head corner, being the top of the pyramid.

"What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of "Grace, grace to it!"

Falling on this stone is meant as Christ being the stumbling block.