• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

It's been a while and I'm bored so i'm gonna ask a controvesial question in a doctrinal forum. If Once a person is saved He is always saved and the bible says that Salvation is for the Jews, How could they lose their salvation as a nation if God doesn't change? Just being silly and hope that you guys don't hate me for the question.

Rob :emot-heartbeat:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It's been a while and I'm bored so i'm gonna ask a controvesial question in a doctrinal forum.  If Once a person is saved He is always saved and the bible says that Salvation is for the Jews, How could they lose their salvation as a nation if God doesn't change?  Just being silly and hope that you guys don't hate me for the question.

Rob :sleep2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

National Salvation? :emot-heartbeat:

Let's rethink that one, huh?

In Christ,

Eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I think Israel being the God's chosen people means they have the honor of being the nation that the Christ came out of :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is just sort of an opinion deal, I've read a lot of the arguments for and against Once Saved Always Saved.  I noticed also that there is a thread that is going right now on the issue.  I do not want to beat a dead horse but I have been considering this "issue" from another angle, and maybe it's been done before, and maybe not.  I'm not here to argue just to consider the views.  I hope both sides can toss in their imput on what I'm about to say.

We often times focus on the "Always Saved" aspect of Once saved always saved.  We debate endlessly about if someone is saved then...

However, maybe the heart of the matter is not so much the "Always Saved" but the "Once Saved".  It seems to me that tracts, Billy Graham, and modern evangelism movement have put so much emphasis on "the decision" that they fail to emphasize the more important aspect of "disciple".  That is living like Christ.  We were never EVER, commanded to get "decisions" for Christ or "Sinners Prayers" or to simply Preach the Cross for the sake of a raised hand.  As it is written we are commanded to "Go, therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I (Christ) have commanded."

The more I consider Assurance of Salvation, and the OSAS contraversy the more I am convinced that it stems from a misunderstanding of what constitutes a POINT at which we get saved.

So then the question:

1. in your view what, TO GOD, constitutes a "ONCE SAVED" person? 

Also, please post your view in regards both to Arminian vs. Calvin and Whether or not you feel "once saved always saved"  is indeed a true statement.

Lastly, try not to intercommunicate or debate.  Simply state you view.  This will keep from "heated" discussion, and it will help me get your view without trudging through meaningless arguments, that we've all heard before.  Again don't argue against the other side, but present positively your side.

So try not to say things like "the problem with such and such" or "well pistoshuios the problem I have."  Just state your view in regards to the OS aspect of the OSAS contraversy.  Thanks for your input, I look forward to reading your responses.

I am Reformed in my soteriology (5-pointer if you must) and Baptist in regards to ecclesiology, and eschatology.  I am a believer in the Perseverance of the Elect Saints of God.  That is to say, those whom God has chosen will be saved, they will respond positively to the gospel, and they will submit to the teachings of Christ and the Scriptures.  They may fail at times, but they will persevere in the end.  So I am a "once saved always saved" believer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can Christians Lose their Salvation?

This is the most important question Christians can ask, because their eternal soul may depend on it!

The greatest deception which has been devised by Satan that has been accepted by a large number of Christians is the false doctrine of "once saved, always saved." This doctrinal theory assumes once a person is saved that there is nothing he or she could ever do to lose his or her salvation. Even if he should become fruitless and commit the grosses sins, this creed teaches that he is still saved. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The reason so many American Christians believe this lie is because of the undo influence John Calvan had over European Christianity. (And, of course, Europe influenced America.) Calvin was the first to popularize the concept that all Christians will persevere to the end.

Although God definitely promises to do his part to keep us saved to the end, this does not mean that we do not have a part to play. God promises eternal security, but not unconditional eternal security. Nearly all God's promises are conditional; that is, they are dependent in part on us for their fulfillment.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH?

It is important that we go to the Bible