Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WorthyNewsBot

WorthyNews:Congress sends historic tax bill to Trump

Recommended Posts

(Worthy News) - House Republicans on Wednesday voted for the second time in two days to pass a major tax overhaul, sending the $1.5 trillion tax cut to President Trump, as promised, just before Christmas.

"With the new tax system we will deliver today, things will change for the better, and they will change immediately," said the bill's author, Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, R-Texas, on the House floor.

The House passed the bill 224-201, after passing it Tuesday 227-203. Twelve Republicans voted "no" in both votes. [ Source: Washington Examiner (Read More...) ]

View the full article

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a huge victory for Trump, Republicans, and the American people.  It is great to see Republicans work together to get something done.  Trump's critics can no longer claim he has had no major legislative victories.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Butero said:

This is a huge victory for Trump, Republicans, and the American people.  It is great to see Republicans work together to get something done.  Trump's critics can no longer claim he has had no major legislative victories.  

I agree with you.

Over the last couple of days however, since this has been in the news, I've wondered what God's plan is in all this?  We've already seen good economic news and some might look at that as God's Blessings.  But I have to ask a hard and difficult question - why would God be blessing us, now?  What have we done as a nation to merit God's blessings?

Our nation is still hugely divided.  Good - even great economic news will inevitably be discounted or ignored if it is seen as coming from Trump policies or the republicans.  It won't be covered on most of the media outlets.  At least half the people won't hear about it.

"Thou shall not covet" is the tenth Commandment - yet coveting (e.g. being resentful of what others have) is the basis and reason for being for at least one of the branches of the Uni-party that runs Washington, DC.  It seems to be the desired motivating factor.

I'm supposed to "hate" the rich because they got a bigger tax break than I did?  Why?  What sense does that make?

I tend to think that God hasn't necessarily 'blessed' us, but He may have given us a reprieve.  Now it's up to us to do something with it.

Our nation needs revival - that is the only TRUE blessing.

-Ed

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I agree with you.

Over the last couple of days however, since this has been in the news, I've wondered what God's plan is in all this?  We've already seen good economic news and some might look at that as God's Blessings.  But I have to ask a hard and difficult question - why would God be blessing us, now?  What have we done as a nation to merit God's blessings?

Our nation is still hugely divided.  Good - even great economic news will inevitably be discounted or ignored if it is seen as coming from Trump policies or the republicans.  It won't be covered on most of the media outlets.  At least half the people won't hear about it.

"Thou shall not covet" is the tenth Commandment - yet coveting (e.g. being resentful of what others have) is the basis and reason for being for at least one of the branches of the Uni-party that runs Washington, DC.  It seems to be the desired motivating factor.

I'm supposed to "hate" the rich because they got a bigger tax break than I did?  Why?  What sense does that make?

I tend to think that God hasn't necessarily 'blessed' us, but He may have given us a reprieve.  Now it's up to us to do something with it.

Our nation needs revival - that is the only TRUE blessing.

-Ed

I think it is a reprieve too.  I don't know how much time you have spent in Kings and Chronicles, but you will find times where God punishes Israel, and they don't repent, yet he gives them a space to change.  For a time, he has mercy on the nation and allows things to get better.  The big question to me is how much time we have?  Do we have 4 years or 8 years with Trump as President?  Will 8 years of Trump be followed up with Mike Pence?  We do need to make the best of this time.  We need to do some serious soul searching and repent of our sins, as well as the sins of the nation.  We need to ask God to have mercy on a nation that has turned it's back on God, killed millions of unborn babies, and sanctioned homosexual marriage.  There are still some righteous people left, a lot more than were in Sodom and Gomorrah.  Those people do not support many of the evil things taking place, and didn't vote for leaders that go along with it.  For the sake of that remnant, we should make our case, as Abraham did, to the Lord that he have mercy on us.   

This is a window we should use to spread the uncompromised Word of God.  We have a President that has been supportive of the Christian Church, and defended it against political correctness.  I am hoping that will embolden preachers to spread the true Word of God, without concern for it offending homosexuals, feminists and unbelievers who are trying to completely push God out of our country.  We do have an opportunity to make positive changes, but it is entirely up to the Lord how long it lasts.  Each individual Christian is the temple of the Holy Ghost, and if we would rise up and be the light and salt Jesus desires us to be, speaking the Word of God with boldness and doing good works, there is no limit to what we can achieve.  America will be great again when we return to the God of the Bible with a whole heart.  

  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it seems that the nation as a whole is learning not to mistreat women sexually....   maybe that's step one...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, other one said:

Well it seems that the nation as a whole is learning not to mistreat women sexually....   maybe that's step one...

 

Have they really?  We have seen a lot of people come out of the woodwork exposing sexual misconduct, but does anyone really think it will suddenly come to an end?  As long as men and women work together, there will be sexual misconduct.  In addition to that, I don't believe what we are seeing is entirely happening because women are suddenly rising up because of outrage.  I think this is all part of a scheme to bring down President Trump.  Liberals have decided that it is worth overthrowing some of their own for the greater cause.  They know that attacking Trump over allegations of sexual misconduct is going nowhere because of their own hypocrisy, so now there is this sudden "housecleaning."  When this fails to work, you will likely see many of these liberal offenders gradually restored through contrition and counseling.  This is just too much, too soon for me to believe this is just happening on its own.  I think it is staged.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×