• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/30/2017 at 1:31 PM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

You know the Scriptures where Jesus said I am IN the Father and the Father is IN me. Note that Jesus did NOT say I AM the Father and the Father IS me. This is really no different than saying that there is a part of us in our dads and vice versa. But we are NOT our father. And neither is Jesus the Father.

that is true of humans creatures, but please explain this verse. Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace". please tell us how that "child" that "Son" is the everlasting Father?. 

PCJ

Oneness people like 101G and others that may be here really illustrates well why Jesus was reluctant to reveal His nature to the fullest to the people. Because they had no understanding of the true nature of the Trinity. In some ways they thought very much like Oneness people did. They believed God was one in body. Even in the OT it seems only the prophets had any understanding of the Trinity at all.

if you're going to call me a oneness .... people, please get it right. I'm a "DIVERSIFIED" oneness, not a oneness as some ....... People think, there's a big difference. 

PCY

People in Jesus' day only understood the idea of God the Father. So even though Jesus did reveal in many ways that He is divine, He NEVER came straight out with it and said I AM GOD. Because He knew that since people only understood the concept of God the Father, He knew that if just simply came right out and said He was God, that people would think He was calling Himself the Father.

So He was very cautious in how He revealed Himself because He didnt want people to make the mistake of calling Him the Father. 

again that's not true. the disciple knew, even those taught by the apostle knew. even church member knew that he was God of the OT. 

PCY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

41 minutes ago, 101G said:

again that's not true. the disciple knew, even those taught by the apostle knew. even church member knew that he was God of the OT. 

PCY

The people who truly knew Jesus knew the truth. Please dong twist my words around. But they were very few at least in the beginning. And when Jesus taught the people what I say still stands. He would not just come out with it right away and say He is God because the people only understood the idea of God the Father which He is not. You really need to try reading your history

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

45 minutes ago, 101G said:

if you're going to call me a oneness .... people, please get it right. I'm a "DIVERSIFIED" oneness, not a oneness as some ....... People think, there's a big difference. 

PCY

I am sorry but there is no difference. The minor details as I have said before are just splitting hairs. You believe God is one in body. God is THREE persons united as one like a family. 

4 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I am sorry but there is no difference. The minor details as I have said before are just splitting hairs. You believe God is one in body. God is THREE persons united as one like a family. 

Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him".

4 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

He would not just come out with it right away and say He is God because the people only understood the idea of God the Father which He is not. You really need to try reading your history

Well a question for you, "Did the disciple, Ananias of Damascus, knew that the Lord Jesus was God the Father of the OT when Paul then Saul meet him on the road to Damascus". your answer please,  yes or no. this will show if you are read your bible history. 

PCY

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damascus

Ananias (/ænəˈnaɪəs/ AN-ə-NY-əs; Ancient Greek: Ἀνανίας, same as Hebrew חנניה, Hananiah, "favoured of the LORD")[1] was a disciple of Jesus at Damascus mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles in the Bible, which describes how he was sent by Jesus to restore the sight of "Saul, of Tarsus" (known later as Paul the Apostle) and provide him with additional instruction in the way of the Lord.[2]

Contents

1 New Testament narrative of Ananias
        1.1 Healing of Saul
    2 Biblical status by modern scholars
    3 Roman Martyrology
    4 See also
    5 References

New Testament narrative of Ananias

According to Acts 9:10, Ananias was living in Damascus. In Paul's speech in Acts 22, he describes Ananias as "a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews" that dwelt in Damascus (Acts 22:12). According to F. F. Bruce, this indicates that he was not one of the refugees from the persecution in Jerusalem described in Acts 8:1.[3]
Healing of Saul
During his conversion experience, Jesus had told Paul (who was then called Saul) to go into the city and wait. Jesus later spoke to Ananias in a vision, and told him to go to the "street which is called Straight", and ask "in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus". (Acts 9:11) Ananias objected that Saul had been persecuting "thy saints", but the Lord told him that Saul was "a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel". (Acts 9:15). When Ananias went in to Saul and laid his hands on him, the "scales" of dead tissue on the surface of his eyes fell off, and he looked up at Ananias. After additional instruction, Saul was baptized[immersed in the Name Yshua]. (Acts 9:18; 22:16)

• Praise God! 1

17 hours ago, simplejeff said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damascus

Ananias (/ænəˈnaɪəs/ AN-ə-NY-əs; Ancient Greek: Ἀνανίας, same as Hebrew חנניה, Hananiah, "favoured of the LORD")[1] was a disciple of Jesus at Damascus mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles in the Bible, which describes how he was sent by Jesus to restore the sight of "Saul, of Tarsus" (known later as Paul the Apostle) and provide him with additional instruction in the way of the Lord.[2]

Contents

1 New Testament narrative of Ananias
        1.1 Healing of Saul
    2 Biblical status by modern scholars
    3 Roman Martyrology
    4 See also
    5 References

New Testament narrative of Ananias

According to Acts 9:10, Ananias was living in Damascus. In Paul's speech in Acts 22, he describes Ananias as "a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews" that dwelt in Damascus (Acts 22:12). According to F. F. Bruce, this indicates that he was not one of the refugees from the persecution in Jerusalem described in Acts 8:1.[3]
Healing of Saul
During his conversion experience, Jesus had told Paul (who was then called Saul) to go into the city and wait. Jesus later spoke to Ananias in a vision, and told him to go to the "street which is called Straight", and ask "in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus". (Acts 9:11) Ananias objected that Saul had been persecuting "thy saints", but the Lord told him that Saul was "a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel". (Acts 9:15). When Ananias went in to Saul and laid his hands on him, the "scales" of dead tissue on the surface of his eyes fell off, and he looked up at Ananias. After additional instruction, Saul was baptized[immersed in the Name Yshua]. (Acts 9:18; 22:16)

Good research, which we all know, but that dose not answer the question. who chose Saul now Paul for his minister on the road to Damascus?.