JPD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes we have to forgive again and again, each time the bad memories come up.  When you received Christ as your Savior and Lord, He came to live in you by His Spirit.  He will enable you to do His will when you rely on Him.  This requires us to dwell on Him and what He has done for us.  

Christmas is about the Son of God, the Word Who was with Father God in the beginning,  coming to earth as a human being to demonstrate what Father God is like.  He is love and light, kindness and mercy, righteousness and justice, purity.  He is all powerful and all knowing.  And he came for the sick and suffering of this world.  He came for us, to bring us into God's kingdom.  Don't let satan steal from you the joy that God has for you.  He is here to free you from the torment of the past and from evil, and to transfer you into the kingdom of His dear Son.  

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, JPD said:

I try so hard but Christmas is unbearably depressing for me.  My parents physically and sexually abused me throughout childhood and Christmas is when I got beaten the most.  They hated me and loved my brother.  My brother tried to kill me several times and I finally ran away from home and they didn't try to get me back.

I don't know how I'm goign to survive another Christmas.  I want to die.

JPD,

That is so horrendous I cannot even plumb the depths of that pain and suffering you have endured & all your life. Cry out to the Lord to heal and cleanse you inside for only He can reach your broken and tortured self.

Praying in earnest for you, Marilyn.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I have thought some more on your great difficulty - to go on living with such memories.

Now you would think it strange if I told you to keep walking back to those places of abuse, day after day. You would definitely not walk back there. However that is what you are doing with your mind - walking back to those terrible times. Now just as our feet are able to walk places, so our mind can `walk` places too. You, the self inside must control your mind and NOT let it continually `walk` through those places again. It will take continual practice as you have worn a deep path backwards, but if you firmly make your mind do other things then you can train it to not go there all the time.

Still praying, as many are here also, Marilyn.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, JPD. I appreciate your willingness to share openly here. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I cannot imagine going through what you've been experiencing. It’s not okay to go through abuse and putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. I’d suggest that you let a trusted adult or relative know what you’re going through. Look for things to do to keep your mind off of your depressive feelings. I just said a prayer for you, asking God to surround you with His comfort and peace, and provide the help you need at this time. Please know that you’re not alone and you can always come here to share your heart out. I know it’s not easy, but stay strong. Take good care of yourself. We’re all here to support you. Sending hugs & prayers your way!