• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, mven222 said:

Christians say: *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Let me ask you: Does this mean that YOU as Christians DO NOT observe LAWS because you are under grace?

Do you know that some of you are fallen SHORT of the grace of God?!

Ok, If YOU are NOT under the LAW anymore then GO and make sex with anyone you want! Or better go and kill everyday! Or go and steel! Or go and divorce wives of your friends to sleep with them!

As you KNOW THOSE who who practice that do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God!

Why then God's laws are still applicable to you if you are NOT under the LAW anymore?!

God's laws are valid and not cancelled and we have to implement them. BUT we are NOT saved by application of the LAWS but by the blood of Jesus shed on the Cross for our sake.

Christians can NOT reconcile two concepts of Christianity: LAWS and GRACE. Like Salvation and RIGHTEOUSNESS. They think if they are "SAVED", they just can do whatever they want..sleeping with whomever they want...divorcing each other...Why not!? If laws are NOT applicable anymore?!!!! All laws are cancelled.

But that is NOT the Christianity that our God Jesus TEACHES us!!!!

Jesus explained to you that:

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 2 Peter 3: 10.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ...Then I will declare to them , 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!'

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Luke 13:27
And he will answer, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers.'

So, what does this mean that we are free from the Laws? That just MEANS that We are MADE FREE NOT By laws...but by FAITH in the Son of God to LIVE a HOLY life (turning from sins, dying daily for sins to live for God, abandoning lovers and sins of every kind, as God's Laws reveal these sins, every day to be HOLY and PREPARED to pass into the NEW World created for us). If I kill just again after my repentance, as always before my conversion..just ONE small killing then I am STILL in my sins..I am still a killer...I still need repentance. If I am a Christian and daily beat my children then I am still in my sins and I will die in my sin until I will STOP .....ABANDONING this sin. Christianity means a GODLY life. Unfortunately Churches today to NOT teach what God teaches us in the Bible. But when we OPEN up the Bible we see ONLY the HOLY LIFE..Open your eyes, Americans, God commands us to be FREE from sins DAILY!!!! Otherwise our religion like Islam is NOTHING..it is in VAIN!!!!!

Our God Jesus explains that to you, Christians:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Ok, we also implement the laws of God, knowing their meaning to LEAVE a GODLY/Holy Life.

The Sabbath is one of the 10 HOLY laws of God to IMPLEMENT engraved by the finger of God.

Today Christians do not stone women and men for sexual immorality, as in the Old Testament God commanded to do that, to PURIFY the Jewish sons in Israel. But they decided to show mercy to them as the Lawgiver Jesus made that. Do you remember that even among His fore-mothers were prostitutes?! They do like their Lawgiver Jesus, they forgive them. But that does not mean that He allows them to commit such sins! No way! He kills them in hell for any sexual immorality, as He declared that in Revelation. All sexual immoral people men or women do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. No matter who they are Christians or not. So, His Laws are applicable even for EVERYONE today as tomorrow and as in the past.

Jesus decided to HEAL people on the Sabbath and we do like Him we offer salvation to everyone even on the Sabbath but we OBSERVE the HOLY Day to enter the REST with the Father in His dwelling place.

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.

For we also received the good news, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, since they did not share the faith of those who comprehended it. 3Now we who have believed enter that rest. As for the others, it is just as God has said: “So I swore on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter My rest.’” And yet His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. 4For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.

Summary: Those who believe, will enter God's rest. Those who live in sins, will die in sins. Those who live in the GODLY life bringing GLORY by their life, observing/IMPLEMENTING the HOLY Laws of God, will LIVE FOREVER with God in His Presence. Amen.

Hi mven222

We are no longer under the law or have to observe the Sabbath. 

Jesus abolished the Sabbath and we are no longer under the law. The new testament does not command men to keep any particular Sabbath. The New testament teaches that men can choose which day if any that they want to keep unto the Lord (Romans 14:5-6; Galatians 4:9-10; Colossians 2:14-17).

Romans 14:5-6,  v.5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

v.6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Galatians 4:9-10, v. 9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

v.10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Colossians 2:14-17, v. 14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

v..15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

v.16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
v.17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The whole law of God and Moses including the ten commandments, and all the civil and ceremonial laws based upon the ten commandments, was done away with and abolished in Christ on the cross and the New Covenant now takes the place of the old one.

This is plainly stated in 2 Cor. 3: "Who hath made us able ministers of THE NEW TESTAMENT . . . . if the MINISTRATION OF DEATH, WRITTEN AND ENGRAVED IN STONES (the ten commandments); was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face on Moses for the glory of his countenance WHICH WAS TO BE DONE AWAY, for if THE MINISTRATION OF CONDEMNATION be glory, MUCH MORE dothe THE MINISTRATION OF RIGHTIOUSNESS EXCEED IN GLORY. For even that (the old covenant) which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. For if that (old covenant) WHICH WAS DONE AWAY was glorious, MUCH MORE that (new covenant) WHICH REMAINETH is glorious . . . . not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not steadfastly look to the end of that (the old covenant) WHICH WAS ABOLISHED: But their minds were blinded UNTIL THIS DAY remaineth the same vail untaken away after reading THE OLD TESTAMENT; WHICH IS DONE AWAY IN Christ" (2 Cor. 3:16-15; Col. 2:14-17; Eph. 2:15). The word "vail" in this verse 14 is not the original Greek, so it is not only the vail that"is done away" but is is the old covenant WHICH IS DONE AWAY in Christ on the cross.

Some people may need an interpreter to explain this simple passage, but to the common reader it is clear that the old covenant has been "done away" and "abolished" entirely and the new covenant has taken its place. The ten commandments were the only part of the law that was written and engraved on tablets of stone so they were done away with on the cross (Ex. 24:12; 31:18; 32:15; 34:1-4, 27-35; Deut. 4:13; 5:22; 10:4). Some might argue that it was only the glory of the old covenant that was done away, but what good is an old covenant that has lost its glory? Why contend that we should keep it when we have a better and a new covenant that is more glorious and which remains in force? Paul argued that the old covenant was given in glory, so if its glory is done away the covenant itself is also done away, Leaving out the second "glory" in verse 7 and the second "vail" in verse 14. which are not in the original Greek, we have the fact plainly stated in both verses that it is "the old testament; WHICH IS DONE AWAY IN CHRIST." In verse 15 the old covenant is called "Moses" thus proving that Moses gave the ten commandments. 

Note the following contrasts between the old and new covenants in 2 Cor. 3: the first is "old" and the second is "new'; the first brought "death" and the second brings "life"; the first was "glorious" and the second is "much more glorious"; the first brought 'condemnation" and the second brings "righteousness" which frees from condemnation (Roman 8:1-4); the first was of "the letter" and the second is of "the Spirit"; the first had "no glory" in comparison to the second "by reason of the glory that excelleth"; the first was "done away" and "abolished" and thesecond "remaineth";  the first came by "Moses" and was "done away in Christ"; the first required a vail to hide its glory because it was "the ministration of death" but the exceeding glory of the second can be looked upon with "open face" because it is "the spirit that giveth life"; and the first brought blindness and bondage while the second brings enlightenment and liberty and changes character by the spirit of the Lord.

Christ came to "fulfil" the law before He "abolished it on the cross (Matt. 5:17, 18). The Greek word for "fulfil is plero, to satisfy, execute, finish, end,make complete, cause to expire. It is translated "fulfil" in connection with many prophecies which came to an end when they were "fulfilled (Matt. 1:22;2:15, 17, 23; 4:14; 8:17; 12:17; 13:35; 26:54-56; 27:9, 35). That the law also ceased to be in force when it was "fulfilled is clear from Matt. 11:13; Luke 16:16; 24:27, 44; Gal. 3:19-25. The law was only a shadow of things to come and when these realities came the mere type, picture or shadow of them was no longer needed (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 4:1-11; 8:1-6:9:1-10; 10:1-18).

The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hazard, glad to see u here. Hope u read my thread. I published it as promised where r other guys? Do they need the link to find us here?

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, mven222 said:

Hazard, glad to see u here. Hope u read my thread. I published it as promised where r other guys? Do they need the link to find us here?

You still have not told us if you think Sabbath day observance is required for salvation?   Are you too afraid to answer that question in an honest, and truthful manner?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

She'll never answer with a simple yes or no, Shiloh. Cultists are as slippery as eels.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You still have not told us if you think Sabbath day observance is required for salvation?   Are you too afraid to answer that question in an honest, and truthful manner?

Hi  my friend,

I gave you my response already. Read above.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I'm not going back to read it. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice (not that we'll ever get it).

19 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

When we first give our hearts to Christ, God forgives us.  The penalty of sin is gone.  Then, the transformation work begins.

Hi brother,

Wrong. First we repent. Only after repentance and remorse God forgives us. Transformation starts when the process of repentance WORKS.

Could it be that Satan is filling the world with something that smells like, looks like, maybe even feels like true Christianity, but renders one to be ineffective in much of their Christian life? Let me quote a revealing prophecy written by William Booth, the founder of The Salvation Army. “The chief danger that confronts the coming century will be, religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, heaven without hell.” Are we there yet? Do you see any evidence of his words being fulfilled? Keep his words in mind as we struggle through this “dull of hearing” thing.

Now to Hebrews 6:“Therefore, leaving [building on] the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.3. And this will we do, if God permit.” Understand that the enemy has declared outright war on these principles and has twisted them in every possible way in order to render them ineffective. But, by knowing the enemy’s tactics and methods, and by inoculating ourselves with the doctrines of Christ, we will not be deceived and will save others as well as ourselves.

Now let’s review the fundamentals and touch on how they have been distorted. Satan has counterfeited every one of God’s doctrines and those unskilled in the word or have little love of the truth are frequently deceived.

The first pillar in Christ’s Doctrine is repentance. This was what John the Baptist preached, and it was the first thing Christ preached when He proclaimed that the time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand (Mk 1:14). And when the question was asked, “Men and brethren, what shall we do? Peter said to them, repent...” A major part of repentance is to admit to your helpless and sinful state. We read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” What is meant by, “works meet for repentance” (Acts 26:20), or “Godly sorrow” (2 Cor 7:9)? A complete surrender and abandonment of your will with total submission to God is not an option, but a prerequisite before the next pillar can even be approached. How can there be forgiveness without genuine, heartfelt repentance? Listen to what Jesus said: “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (lawlessness)” (Matthew 7:21-23). God will not accept a mongrelized worship. Good intentions are not good enough. Is forgiveness without repentance being taught today? “For Godly sorrow works repentance to salvation … but the sorrow of the world works death” (2 Corinthians 7:10).

The second pillar is faith in Christ. Is there evidence of Christianity without Christ today? Could faith in a false Christ save? To some, Jesus Christ has become just a name with little meaning. We hear of preachers that do not believe in the virgin birth, or that Jesus was really just a concept, a divine idea, or just a man that attained to a higher order. Some claim that He was Satan’s brother (but remember, Satan is a created being, but the Word always existed). Should we care what man says or what the Bible says? Peter said it, “Thou art Christ, the Son of the Living God.” And in Hebrews 11:6 we read: “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Has much of Christianity substituted a false Christ for the real Christ today? Can we worship the God of truth with religious lies? Who is the father of lies? Do we really understand the difference between the Melchisedec Priesthood and the Levitical Priesthood; and why a change in the law was required? Why is an earthly priesthood not required today? Study Hebrews chapter 7. Jesus said there would be many false Christs (Matt 24). Did He give us a sign whereby we can know the real Christ? Jesus did give us a sign; it was the sign of Jonah. He as much as said that if He is not in the grave for three days and three nights (Matt 12:44) then He is not the true Christ.

The next and very significant pillar is baptism. Satan has really tried to do a number on this one, so it must be very important. Some of the modern translations leave out the word baptism and substitute the word cleansing or washing. Some denominations sprinkle a little holy water on the person. Some even baptize for the dead, a classic example of building a doctrine on one scripture. Think about it, if the dead (or anyone) have not believed or repented what good is baptizing going to do them? The examples given in God’s word are that it is done by immersion after the individual makes a carefully considered decision. Jesus, Himself, chose to be baptized, and it was by immersion. That’s good enough for me, how about you?

Perfection: This is growing in grace and knowledge and OBEDIENCE/Implementation of God's laws and commands throughout our life. It is a sequential, step-by-step process. Our perfection comes through the grace of God and is ultimately reached at the resurrection. This is a summary, but only a summary, of the pillars of the doctrines of God’s church and we are “charged to teach no other doctrine” (1 Tim 1:3). But are we ready; how can we teach it if we haven’t sharpened our swords? Consider the mandate Paul gave to Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:1-5: “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom.2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. (That means stand up, speak out, and never give up).3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.” (They don’t want to hear truth, they are lovers of pleasure more that lovers of God [2 Tim 3:4] taking pleasure in their own lusts they look for ministers who will reinforce their pernicious ways).4. “And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (Fabricated doctrines based on lies).5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.” We will not find the full doctrine of Christ in one verse or even one chapter or book, but it is made available to those who diligently search for it. Isaiah 28:9-10 tells us how to find it. 9 “Whom shall he teach knowledge? And whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the nursing.10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.”

How can we even think to come to a correct conclusion of a matter unless we have considered every scriptural reference on the subject? God’s word does not contradict if correctly understood!

Therefore: Let’s keep in mind John’s warning: “Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” Since it is imperative not to transgress Christ’s Doctrines let us persevere in our- Studying to show ourselves approved unto God, workmen that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)

Praying for and developing a love for the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10-11),

Proving all things avoiding the doctrines of man (Mark 7:9) Searching the scriptures, all scriptures (2 Tim 3:16).

8 minutes ago, mven222 said:

Hi brother,

Wrong. First we repent. Only after repentance and remorse God forgives us. Transformation starts when the process of repentance WORKS.

Could it be that Satan is filling the world with something that smells like, looks like, maybe even feels like true Christianity, but renders one to be ineffective in much of their Christian life? Let me quote a revealing prophecy written by William Booth, the founder of The Salvation Army. “The chief danger that confronts the coming century will be, religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, heaven without hell.” Are we there yet? Do you see any evidence of his words being fulfilled? Keep his words in mind as we struggle through this “dull of hearing” thing.

Now to Hebrews 6:“Therefore, leaving [building on] the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.3. And this will we do, if God permit.” Understand that the enemy has declared outright war on these principles and has twisted them in every possible way in order to render them ineffective. But, by knowing the enemy’s tactics and methods, and by inoculating ourselves with the doctrines of Christ, we will not be deceived and will save others as well as ourselves.

Now let’s review the fundamentals and touch on how they have been distorted. Satan has counterfeited every one of God’s doctrines and those unskilled in the word or have little love of the truth are frequently deceived.

The first pillar in Christ’s Doctrine is repentance. This was what John the Baptist preached, and it was the first thing Christ preached when He proclaimed that the time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand (Mk 1:14). And when the question was asked, “Men and brethren, what shall we do? Peter said to them, repent...” A major part of repentance is to admit to your helpless and sinful state. We read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” What is meant by, “works meet for repentance” (Acts 26:20), or “Godly sorrow” (2 Cor 7:9)? A complete surrender and abandonment of your will with total submission to God is not an option, but a prerequisite before the next pillar can even be approached. How can there be forgiveness without genuine, heartfelt repentance? Listen to what Jesus said: “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (lawlessness)” (Matthew 7:21-23). God will not accept a mongrelized worship. Good intentions are not good enough. Is forgiveness without repentance being taught today? “For Godly sorrow works repentance to salvation … but the sorrow of the world works death” (2 Corinthians 7:10).

The second pillar is faith in Christ. Is there evidence of Christianity without Christ today? Could faith in a false Christ save? To some, Jesus Christ has become just a name with little meaning. We hear of preachers that do not believe in the virgin birth, or that Jesus was really just a concept, a divine idea, or just a man that attained to a higher order. Some claim that He was Satan’s brother (but remember, Satan is a created being, but the Word always existed). Should we care what man says or what the Bible says? Peter said it, “Thou art Christ, the Son of the Living God.” And in Hebrews 11:6 we read: “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Has much of Christianity substituted a false Christ for the real Christ today? Can we worship the God of truth with religious lies? Who is the father of lies? Do we really understand the difference between the Melchisedec Priesthood and the Levitical Priesthood; and why a change in the law was required? Why is an earthly priesthood not required today? Study Hebrews chapter 7. Jesus said there would be many false Christs (Matt 24). Did He give us a sign whereby we can know the real Christ? Jesus did give us a sign; it was the sign of Jonah. He as much as said that if He is not in the grave for three days and three nights (Matt 12:44) then He is not the true Christ.

The next and very significant pillar is baptism. Satan has really tried to do a number on this one, so it must be very important. Some of the modern translations leave out the word baptism and substitute the word cleansing or washing. Some denominations sprinkle a little holy water on the person. Some even baptize for the dead, a classic example of building a doctrine on one scripture. Think about it, if the dead (or anyone) have not believed or repented what good is baptizing going to do them? The examples given in God’s word are that it is done by immersion after the individual makes a carefully considered decision. Jesus, Himself, chose to be baptized, and it was by immersion. That’s good enough for me, how about you?

Perfection: This is growing in grace and knowledge and OBEDIENCE/Implementation of God's laws and commands throughout our life. It is a sequential, step-by-step process. Our perfection comes through the grace of God and is ultimately reached at the resurrection. This is a summary, but only a summary, of the pillars of the doctrines of God’s church and we are “charged to teach no other doctrine” (1 Tim 1:3). But are we ready; how can we teach it if we haven’t sharpened our swords? Consider the mandate Paul gave to Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:1-5: “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom.2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. (That means stand up, speak out, and never give up).3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.” (They don’t want to hear truth, they are lovers of pleasure more that lovers of God [2 Tim 3:4] taking pleasure in their own lusts they look for ministers who will reinforce their pernicious ways).4. “And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (Fabricated doctrines based on lies).5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.” We will not find the full doctrine of Christ in one verse or even one chapter or book, but it is made available to those who diligently search for it. Isaiah 28:9-10 tells us how to find it. 9 “Whom shall he teach knowledge? And whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the nursing.10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.”

How can we even think to come to a correct conclusion of a matter unless we have considered every scriptural reference on the subject? God’s word does not contradict if correctly understood!

Therefore: Let’s keep in mind John’s warning: “Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” Since it is imperative not to transgress Christ’s Doctrines let us persevere in our- Studying to show ourselves approved unto God, workmen that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)

Praying for and developing a love for the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10-11),

Proving all things avoiding the doctrines of man (Mark 7:9) Searching the scriptures, all scriptures (2 Tim 3:16).

www.harvest.org

"Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones."
    —Luke 3:8

What do you think of when you hear the word "repent"? Maybe you think of someone wearing a sandwich board with flames on it who is yelling, "Repent!" It's a word we don't hear very much today.
You might be surprised to know that the first word to fall from the lips of Jesus Christ after He began His public ministry was "repent" (see Matthew 4:17).
The word "repent" means more than mere regret or sorrow. You can be sorry for something and not be repentant. You can feel sorry about a certain sin, especially if you reap the consequences of it. The person who gets caught in a lie is sorry. The criminal who gets caught is sorry. But the question is whether that sorrow leads to change. It might not. The liar might just be more careful. The criminal may plot his next crime with more foresight. There are people who are sorry for reaping the consequences of what they have done, but they have never made any changes in their lives.
Real sorrow, according to the Bible, will lead to repentance. It will lead to change. John the Baptist preached to the multitudes, "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance . . . " (Luke 3:8). Many people have never really repented of their sins. They have never really brought forth fruit in keeping with repentance. But this is absolutely necessary if you want to be forgiven of your sin. Recognition of personal sin is always the first step in receiving forgiveness.
However, you can recognize that you need to repent and still not do it. You can recognize your personal sin and not necessarily take action. The two need to come together.

Edited by mven222

The Wise,

I will make an illustration for you: My ex-boyfriend was a professional killer. I converted him to Christianity.

But HOW to make a murderer who kills for money a HOLY man?

How to stop KILLINGS?

Yes, he repents....he cries about his murders...he sees them in front of his eyes CONSTANTLY. But he needs money to survive and he takes another order to kill.

How to make a killer a HOLY man? This is the SAME what is addiction to pornography or sex with lovers. All sins are equal. The Holy Scripture says that even hatred of people is equal to a murder and murderers do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God.

How to make a killer a HOLY man? He needs to REPENT i.e. to STOP commingling his murders. Sexual immoral men and women should STOP committing their sin if they STOP MURDERS then they really repented!!!!! If they ABANDONED their LOVERS to live a godly life then this is the TRUE repentance.

We have to REPENT daily abandoning our sins when we will see them revealed in our conscience or by the Bible or even by Christians.

So, how did my man repent of his murders? LOL He started killing Muslims...LOL He protected a church with Christians from Muslim attackers and killed 25 Muslims. Now he is in a prison.

Edited by mven222

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

38 minutes ago, mven222 said:

Sister, I just want to say that repentance from the Greek word metanoia simply means to change one's mind regarding either a purpose one has formed or of something he has done.  It is a gift from God........that Godly sorrow leads to.......as well as His kindness can lead to repentance too.....God knows what we need, whether sorrow or kindness or just more light, or chastisement etc.  Many come to faith in Christ and experience a change of mind and direction in their lives as a gift from God, as the faith they receive is a gift too......without even knowing what sin is or the specifics of sin in their lives yet......this often comes about later as they begin to learn His word and the Lord begins to convict and point out other specific things that need to be repented of. 

Regarding Sabbaths........as others have pointed out we are not to come under anyone's rule/authority about those things but do according to our own conscience.  The one day Sabbath really was a shadow the sabbath rest that we as believers are to labour to enter into.......it is really when every day is a sabbath rest to the Lord.......like as according to Isaiah 58:13 "If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words"  Should not this really be every day, all the time?  It is a picture of walking in the Spirit.  Jesus gave us His law.....to love one another as I have loved you and to love your neighbour as yourself, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Edited by Heleadethme