• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Because inchrist........we are not obligated to the letter of the law, we are only obligated to follow Christ, to be led by His Spirit, who is the Lord of the law.  

We are indeed obligated to follow the letter of the law.

2 cor 3

written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

The matter is about whither we are obligated through the flesh or through the spirit to observe the letter of the law.

We can not achieve observance of the the letter of the law through the flesh. As the flesh is hostile to God.

However the Spirit isn't hostile to God, and therefore we can observe the letter of the law through the Spirit as taught in Romans 8

Remember David and his men eating the shewbread........which was forbidden by the law. 

Yes I do, and indeed they broke the law.

Mark 2: 23- 28

And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry , he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him

However there is something you need to understand....

There is also a moral law regarding the needy and hungry

Isaiah 58:10

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

See a law can not threaten once own life, what I mean by that is the following, observance of one law can not supersede the right to life or other laws.

Now, while David certainly broke the law, it was suspended or superseded by the very law he is protected by in regards to life which would be hunger.

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Remember the Lord of the Sabbath picking grain on the sabbath with His disciples (ie, working)........was Jesus leading His disciples to sin?

Again,

Leviticus 19:10-11 

And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God. “You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another.

One law can not supersede another law or suspend other laws.

And this was fundamentally what Christ stated with the following verse

the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath

The sabbath law does not suspend all other laws on the day.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, mven222 said:

And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Brothers, do you know that one of the names of Jesus is the "MORNING Star"?

Jesus is the BRIGHT and morning star.

Jesus is the most holy and powerful “light” in all the universe.

Satan was a morning star too before his war in heaven against God....May be he was a morning star, but he is only a poor imitation of the one true bright morning star, Jesus Christ, the light of the world. Satan just reflected the light of God before his fall. Now this star became a DARKNESS and it collapsed in our planet. But  Jesus Christ is GOD like His Father and He is NOW the light of the world.

a3326886b6747aa6deba4150f9fb27c8.jpg

Edited by mven222

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

45 minutes ago, inchrist said:

We are indeed obligated to follow the letter of the law.

2 cor 3

written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

The matter is about whither we are obligated through the flesh or through the spirit to observe the letter of the law.

We can not achieve observance of the the letter of the law through the flesh. As the flesh is hostile to God.

However the Spirit isn't hostile to God, and therefore we can observe the letter of the law through the Spirit as taught in Romans 8

Yes I do, and indeed they broke the law.

Mark 2: 23- 28

And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry , he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him

However there is something you need to understand....

There is also a moral law regarding the needy and hungry

See a law can not threaten once own life, what I mean by that is the following, observance of one law can not supersede the right to life or other laws.

Now, while David certainly broke the law, it was suspended or superseded by the very law he is protected by in regards to life which would be hunger.

Again,

Leviticus 19:10-11 

And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God. “You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another.

One law can not supersede another law or suspend other laws.

And this was fundamentally what Christ stated with the following verse

the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath

The sabbath law does not suspend all other laws on the day.

Come on now bro........God does not write letters on our hearts........no, the Lord writes with His Spirit, in our spirits, the spirit of the Law, which is higher than the letter...eg, you have heard it says do not murder, so we must not murder........but what about hating your brother, if we even hate our brother we have murdered in our heart.  The Spirit leads us to neither commit murder nor to hate.  So...we are not obligated to the letter, we are obligated to the Spirit.  Having begun in the spirit by faith, we are not now going to be able to finish our race by the flesh and elementary things of the world.....physical murder being elementary.......and not to commit spiritual murder (hate) being a higher law.  Having graduated from elementary school we are not going to go back to it.....no, we go on to HIGH school, serving in the new way of the spirit, no longer the letter.  I'm not going to argue about it though.....here I will just chapter and verse and just let the word correct any wrong thinking that anybody has:

Romans 7:4-7

Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to DIE TO THE LAW through the body of Christ, so that you might be JOINED TO ANOTHER, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, WHICH WERE AROUSED BY THE LAW, were at work in the members of our body to BEAR FRUIT FOR DEATH.

But now we have been RELEASED FROM THE LAW, having died to that by which we were bound, so that WE SERVE IN THE NEWNESS OF THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE OLDNESS OF THE LETTER.

What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, mven222 said:

I gave you my response to the second question. LOL

No, you didn't.   When I asked you about the Sabbath, you went on a long-winded tangent about sexual immorality in an attempt to change the subject.

Just answer the question.  Is the Sabbath day necessary for salvation?  

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, you didn't.   When I asked you about the Sabbath, you went on a long-winded tangent about sexual immorality in an attempt to change the subject.

Just answer the question.  Is the Sabbath day necessary for salvation?  

LOl At least u know now that u should no commit immorality or otherwise you will get to hell for that to unbelievers and muslims and sexual immoral men and ungodly Christians. Yes?

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, mven222 said:

LOl At least u know now that u should no commit immorality or otherwise you will get to hell for that to unbelievers and muslims and sexual immoral men and ungodly Christians. Yes?

Dont' try to change the subject.   Is Sabbath day observance required for salvation?  

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Dont' try to change the subject.   Is Sabbath day observance required for salvation?  

It seems if I will give u my answer u will leave my thread..lol That is why I know how to keep u with me. Stay here always. I will teach u more, my friend.

As you saw already, I know how to teach killers..I know how to teach u too that you would submit to my God and obey Him.

Edited by mven222

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, mven222 said:

It seems if I will give u my answer u will leave my thread..lol That is why I know how to keep u with me. Stay here always. I will teach u more, my friend.

As you saw already, I know how to teach killers..I know how to teach u too that you would submit to my God and obey Him.

You are not my teacher and you are not my "friend."   And not answering my question isn't "teaching."  It is hiding and it is cowardly.   You are not a teacher.   You are simply presumptuous and I have no need to be taught anything from you.

Just answer the question.   Is keeping the Sabbath day required for salvation?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

You are not my teacher and you are not my "friend."   And not answering my question isn't "teaching."  It is hiding and it is cowardly.   You are not a teacher.   You are simply presumptuous and I have no need to be taught anything from you.

Just answer the question.   Is keeping the Sabbath day required for salvation?

lol Ur character is terrible like it is of ur friend...it seems u r from Shilo. Right?

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, mven222 said:

lol Ur character is terrible like it is of ur friend...it seems u r from Shilo. Right?

I don't suffer false teachers and deceivers like you.