• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, mven222 said:

The fourth of the ten commandments is “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy”

Remember. This is the only command of the ten that starts with the word remember.

Keeping of the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant between Israel and the Lord: “You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come” (Exodus 31:13). As Israel kept the Sabbath set apart, they were reminded that they were also being set apart: “So you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy” (verse 13).

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

(1) "Remember the Sabbath day"

(2) "Keep it holy"

Exodus 31:12–13:

And the Lord said to Moses, "Say to the people of Israel, You shall keep my sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you."

The Sabbath is a sign. It points to a truth that we are never to forget.

Summary:  Exodus 20:11 and Deuteronomy 5:15 and Exodus 31:13 teach that the Sabbath is a way of remembering and expressing the truth that God Jesus is our Creator and Deliverer and Sanctifier.  Ponder those ho have minds.

If we notice sister, signs are in the natural realm, signs in the heavens, sun, moon, stars, rainbow, etc, and there are plenty of natural Israelites to keep the natural sign of Sabbath until Jesus returns.  :)  But honey, if you feel in your conscience to keep the Sabbath, it is no problem to me whatsoever, truly, of course not.....I am happy to respect that, especially for anyone who is Jewish, i would not even try to talk them out of it.  If I lived in Israel or even a Jewish neighbourhood I would become as a Jew to win the Jews....keep the Sabbath out of expediency to not cause unnecessary offence or make someone stumble.  I once worked in a kosher health care facility for several years and followed all the rules concerning feast days and kosher dietary rules etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You are not keeping the Sabbath unless you are doing this:

Numbers 28:9-10  9 " 'On the Sabbath day, make an offering of two lambs a year old without defect, together with its drink offering and a grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil.
 10 This is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, in addition to the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.

This is an integral part of actual Mosaic obedience to the Sabbath.  You are not doing this because there is no Temple in Jerusalem to enable you to keep this Sabbath commandment.  I am confident you will have n excuse readily available as to why you can justify ash canning this part of the law, but no excuse actually works.  If you are not offering a sacrifice, you are not keeping the Sabbath.

Burnt offerings

God's command reads:

Outside of the Holy Temple we may not offer any sacrifices.

It is, in fact, forbidden to bring sacrifices, since there is no Temple.

God said through the prophet Hosea: 'Forgive all sin and accept the good we do. We will offer prayer instead of animals" (Hosea 14:3).

Edited by mven222

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, mven222 said:

The fourth of the ten commandments is “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy”

Remember. This is the only command of the ten that starts with the word remember.

That doesn't make it a day of rememberance.

The Sabbath was a day of rest.

Keeping of the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant between Israel and the Lord: “You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come” (Exodus 31:13). As Israel kept the Sabbath set apart, they were reminded that they were also being set apart: “So you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy” (verse 13).

Which is why it is not a commandment to the Church.  It was a sign between God and Israel.   The sign between us and God as believers is baptism, not the Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

(1) "Remember the Sabbath day"

(2) "Keep it holy"

Exodus 31:12–13:

And the Lord said to Moses, "Say to the people of Israel, You shall keep my sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you."

The Sabbath is a sign. It points to a truth that we are never to forget.

It is a sign between Israel and God, period.  It was never given to the Church.  Christians do not have to observe teh Sabbath day any more than they have to be circumcised.  

Summary:  Exodus 20:11 and Deuteronomy 5:15 and Exodus 31:13 teach that the Sabbath is a way of remembering and expressing the truth that God Jesus is our Creator and Deliverer and Sanctifier.  Ponder those ho have minds.

No, when it comes to Jesus, He is the personification of the Sabbath in that He is our rest.  We rest from trying to earn God's favor and we rest in His salvation.   Jesus is the embodiment of the Sabbath, which is why don't have to observe the Sabbath day.  He is the one that the Sabbath pointed to and it is fulfilled in HIM.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Healed, my beloved sis,

A today's picture for you:

DR5qRaaW4AEDHjA.jpg large.jpg

Edited by mven222
  • Loved it! 1

21 hours ago, inchrist said:

I support the law, I saw a statement on the law....Im supporting no one.....

However if you going to start bulling mven....then I will stand up for her.

Theres away to address people....how about trying to do it love....????

Let her talk, listen then correct if correction is needed.

Dont just come out with knifes and a bag of paranoia....have same tact....show some Christian class

Amen bro, I hear you.......have to say I'm a little worried about this internet generation, how it has influenced people to have really bad manners in a way that I am sure they would not behave if we were sitting in a living room discussing things together face to face.  Wish we could all calm down and try to take the same approach with each other that Jesus had.....out of love trying to see how to serve one another , how to wash one another's feet, how we may help each other etc.......as far as I know the Lord has not changed with the advent of the internet.  And that way maybe the Lord could have His way without being drowned out by all the noisy clanging.  :/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

So your ex boyfriend was a Professional  KILLER- someone who Murdered for money - You claim above "How to make a killer a HOLY man. "   So by your account this MURDERER became a Holy man because he repented then, "He started killing Muslims and killed 25 of them"  and that made him a HOLY man!!????

People should closely read your posts and see just what distorted perverse  teachings you are promoting and you are presenting a False Gospel-  they should  not be giving you any  "amens."

You misunderstood her Davida.......try and slow down a little sister.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Somebody dared to suggest we keep Yah's Sabbath...
The apostles and early church did.
Nobody says it was abolished or 'transformed' except man's doctrine inherited from old rome. Or the dispensations error.

There is no Greek or Jew... but Christ...

"and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience"
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).
 2:28–29: “A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.”

• Praise God! 1

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Somebody dared to suggest we keep Yah's Sabbath...
The apostles and early church did.
Nobody says it was abolished or 'transformed' except man's doctrine inherited from old rome. Or the dispensations error.

There is no Greek or Jew... but Christ...

"and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience"
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).
 2:28–29: “A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.”

No, she believes that it is necessary for salvation.  Do you agree with her?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen bro, I hear you.......have to say I'm a little worried about this internet generation, how it has influenced people to have really bad manners in a way that I am sure they would not behave if we were sitting in a living room discussing things together face to face.  Wish we could all calm down and try to take the same approach with each other that Jesus had.....out of love trying to see how to serve one another , how to wash one another's feet, how we may help each other etc.......as far as I know the Lord has not changed with the advent of the internet.  And that way maybe the Lord could have His way without being drowned out by all the noisy clanging.  :/

Jesus didn't coddle false teachers.  We are called to expose the wolves, not praise them and sing them to sleep and make them comfortable in their sin. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus didn't coddle false teachers.  We are called to expose the wolves, not praise them and sing them to sleep and make them comfortable in their sin. 

We have to be careful we do not tear the lambs to shreds in our rush to catch a wolf. That is why the tares AND the wheat are not harvested until ripe.

• This is Worthy 1