DesertSW

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

For my part the scriptures are clear. God's elect will never be removed from His grace. The scriptures speak clearly that those who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. That they cannot sin because God is in them. And if they do sin willfully they know not God. 

The scriptures are very clear as to what it means to be in Christ. And what it means to be a fraud thinking ones self is a Christian when really they are not at all. They're not reborn, regenerated, renewed, a new creation, indwelt by God's Holy Spirit. 

The Bible says we will know those by their actions. The fruits of their claim that they are part of the living vine, when in reality they are not so. 

Thankfully the example of what are those type people can be seen in public as celebrities. They'll commit all sorts of wickedness and then at awards shows they'll appear wearing diamond encrusted crosses. The spotlight on celebrity fake Christian. 

I think the other sign of that type person is that which is adamantly opposed to the eternal salvation good news of Christ. Somehow thinking to rework it so that the free gift of God's grace for those sheep whom he knew by name before the world came to be are the one's deluded. That eternal salvation isn't really "as advertised".  What would there ever be to argue over with that kind of "preacher"? 

God knows who are His. Maybe those who want to insist that isn't true are the one's we need not argue with but rather instead pray for. Because if they were His they wouldn't argue that being eternally His isn't really real. And thus demonstrate deep inside they know they're lost. :( So they'll go on seeking to cause confusion and chaos all the way to Hell.

The published atheists are such a one's as that. They're the only people who insist God isn't real and then spend their lives contending against something they first insist isn't there.  

How very tragic indeed. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 hour ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

For my part the scriptures are clear. God's elect will never be removed from His grace. The scriptures speak clearly that those who are in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. That they cannot sin because God is in them. And if they do sin willfully they know not God. 

The scriptures are very clear as to what it means to be in Christ. And what it means to be a fraud thinking ones self is a Christian when really they are not at all. They're not reborn, regenerated, renewed, a new creation, indwelt by God's Holy Spirit. 

The Bible says we will know those by their actions. The fruits of their claim that they are part of the living vine, when in reality they are not so. 

Thankfully the example of what are those type people can be seen in public as celebrities. They'll commit all sorts of wickedness and then at awards shows they'll appear wearing diamond encrusted crosses. The spotlight on celebrity fake Christian. 

I think the other sign of that type person is that which is adamantly opposed to the eternal salvation good news of Christ. Somehow thinking to rework it so that the free gift of God's grace for those sheep whom he knew by name before the world came to be are the one's deluded. That eternal salvation isn't really "as advertised".  What would there ever be to argue over with that kind of "preacher"? 

God knows who are His. Maybe those who want to insist that isn't true are the one's we need not argue with but rather instead pray for. Because if they were His they wouldn't argue that being eternally His isn't really real. And thus demonstrate deep inside they know they're lost. :( So they'll go on seeking to cause confusion and chaos all the way to Hell.

The published atheists are such a one's as that. They're the only people who insist God isn't real and then spend their lives contending against something they first insist isn't there.  

How very tragic indeed. 

Unfortunately, there are some who do not know what it is to be saved. 

They accept Jesus as Lord with thier lips, but thier hearts are far from Him.

They will read the scripture only when others are around, it is a fissod, a ploy to make others think how "holy" they are. But the truth is there for all to see. I have seen even preachers do this very thing. Puffed up with pride, but won't lift a finger to help an old man shovel snow, or even give aid to the elderly who come to his own service. 

"I must not get the Lord's hands dirty", or another excuse, " he isn't a member of our church"

These were two different preachers. 

---------

You spoke of those we can see, the whole world can see. But it is those in our own churches that can do great harm as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

How very tragic indeed. 

Sadly, being eternally NOT His is real too.  I guess the scriptures lie that say once having known the truth, it is impossible to renew them if they fall away.  We must not try to change and twist and explain away what the bible says to fit our pet theologies, but rather it is our mind and theology that needs to change to conform to God's word.  But seek understanding of it too.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Sadly, being eternally NOT His is real too.  I guess the scriptures lie that say once having known the truth, it is impossible to renew them if they fall away.  We must not try to change and twist and explain away what the bible says to fit our pet theologies, but rather it is our mind and theology that needs to change to conform to God's word.  But seek understanding of it too.

Unfortunately, false teachers lead a great many people down the wrong path. Their first step is to call God a liar. After that there's really no turning back for the followers of such evil. Then they go forth into the world and try to lead even the elect, as Paul warned, into false teachings. 

People do nothing in order to be saved eternally. It is all by God's grace precisely so that the egoism peculiar to humans cannot take credit. Though it does try and then conversely tries to argue itself superior to God's foreknowledge and as such claims humans are able to remove themselves from Christ's hand. Even when he himself stated it cannot be done. 

Eternity is an awful long time for such dark intention lost souls to find out they were wrong in life. However, the Father knew them too. That is why it shall not surprise God that those one's end up in Hell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

Unfortunately, false teachers lead a great many people down the wrong path. Their first step is to call God a liar. After that there's really no turning back for the followers of such evil. Then they go forth into the world and try to lead even the elect, as Paul warned, into false teachings. 

People do nothing in order to be saved eternally. It is all by God's grace precisely so that the egoism peculiar to humans cannot take credit. Though it does try and then conversely tries to argue itself superior to God's foreknowledge and as such claims humans are able to remove themselves from Christ's hand. Even when he himself stated it cannot be done. 

Eternity is an awful long time for such dark intention lost souls to find out they were wrong in life. However, the Father knew them too. That is why it shall not surprise God that those one's end up in Hell. 

I agree, we certainly do not save ourselves........but we need to produce fruit in keeping with repentance, otherwise the Lord takes the kingdom away and gives it to another.  It is in the preaching of the plumbline of truth and righteousness that the child of God sees his/her shortfall and seeks the Lord for His strength to help us walk as we ought, and often chastisements are an answer to prayer to help put our flesh to death.  If we judge ourselves we will not be judged with the world, that is a precious truth.  We are not here to be comfortable.

17 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Unfortunately, there are some who do not know what it is to be saved. 

They accept Jesus as Lord with thier lips, but thier hearts are far from Him.

They will read the scripture only when others are around, it is a fissod, a ploy to make others think how "holy" they are. But the truth is there for all to see. I have seen even preachers do this very thing. Puffed up with pride, but won't lift a finger to help an old man shovel snow, or even give aid to the elderly who come to his own service. 

"I must not get the Lord's hands dirty", or another excuse, " he isn't a member of our church"

These were two different preachers. 

---------

You spoke of those we can see, the whole world can see. But it is those in our own churches that can do great harm as well.

Wolves in sheep's clothing.  
Unfortunately in today's world where the Net sustains those opposed to the truth of God in Christ, the mere facade of nominal Christian as title allows wolves to prey in communities where actual sheep reside. 

The Bible for those wolves is a weapon not a balm , a love letter , to the world. It is a weapon to be taken apart piecemeal as scriptures are cut and pasted in order to deliver exactly what the Apostle Paul warned about centuries before. False teachers seeking to deceive even the Elect. 

Because Satan and his disciples, which he does have, despise the truth of eternal salvation. Because it means the human family that were his in the beginning of their life come the age of accountability can be saved from the fate that awaits. And all by God's doing and those mere humans only having to hold faith in the truth of God in Christ. Then, when those genuine faithful are sealed to the day of redemption with God's Holy Spirit, the adversary, the Satan, and his disciples , are lost for one more apostle that will not join them in Hell when it is time. 

Is it an wonder there are smiling devils with pearly white veneers glowing in the mouth that delivers the false news of the prosperity doctrine? 
Or like John Hagee, a morbidly obese Zionist Christian, who tells people who care to listen, if you see someone in the street starving, cold , homeless, don't give them money! Come to (his) church and give him the money and he'll give it out to those in need. That way you aren't praised for your charity! (But he is) But his church is!

To date there isn't a homeless shelter sponsored by Cornerstone church in San Antonio Texas.  And you never shall. LINK  

While big John's not ever going to be homeless. See? image(13).jpg

And sisters, this is what Johnny thinks of you and your place as women. LINK
And Ebola? That's God's punishment for......Barack Obama! LINK

6 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I agree, we certainly do not save ourselves........but we need to produce fruit in keeping with repentance, otherwise the Lord takes the kingdom away and gives it to another.  It is in the preaching of the plumbline of truth and righteousness that the child of God sees his/her shortfall and seeks the Lord for His strength to help us walk as we ought, and often chastisements are an answer to prayer to help put our flesh to death.  If we judge ourselves we will not be judged with the world, that is a precious truth.  We are not here to be comfortable.

I won't argue with someone who believes in works saves. 

14 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

I won't argue with someone who believes in works saves. 

I am only giving you what scripture says.....your argument is not with me, sister.

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I am only giving you what scripture says.....your argument is not with me, sister.

It is when the scriptures are used wrongly.

10 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

It is when the scriptures are used wrongly.

We are admonished in scripture to produce fruits in keeping with repentance.......else the kingdom can be taken away from us and given to another.  It is very simple, T.P., so that a child can understand......how is that using it wrongly, I didn't use it in any way at all, I simply reminded us of that word.  Israel is our ensample so that we would learn and not make the same mistakes that caused the kingdom to be taken from her........and Paul wrote that we must not be conceited against Israel, else unnatural branches can be broken off to make room for the natural branches to be grafted in again.  I rejoice to see natural branches grafted back in........but really don't want to be one of the unnatural branches broken off and I'm sure you don't either.  Producing fruits is not works based salvation........fruits is the fruit of the SPIRIT, not of our own.  Our works is to BELIEVE in the one whom God sent......and thus we deny our selves and take up our cross and follow Him if we believe, that is our part to do........and as our life dies like a corn of wheat......it produces a crop of fruits that is not of our own.....faith, peace, goodness, love, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, temperance etc.. Anyhow, think on these things sister, bless you........I know this might be a new perspective you have not heard before, the churches tend to overemphasize one point at the expense of the whole truth, and so it ends up that they are preaching a very skewed gospel.  Scripture has a lot of encouragements, but warnings and admonishments as well that we need to stay on the right track.