Jump to content
Graceat76036

God parted the red seas and He turned a rod into a serpent, so why wouldn't He stop a gun from firing?

Recommended Posts

On 12/29/2017 at 11:06 AM, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

Because God will not interfere with a person's free will; if they choose to sin, God is not necessarily bound to stop them. But then, none of the congregation that were killed have been lost; all of them are with the Lord an d are safe now from any harm.

On that note Grace: no one is going to "hate you" for this question. It's an honest question and I'm glad you asked it. :)

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

None of us hate you for this question it is a perfectly honest and understandable concern that many many people have had. 

But God never once promised us that this life would be a bed of roses. He could only promise us trial and tribulation. He told us that if the world hates Him (Jesus) it will hate us as well. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 9:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

If you desire to know Him you should recognize one simple thing first. This life is an infinitely  short prelude to the real eternal life. If you agree with this then you will look upon what has happened differently. The innocent are to be in paradise and the murderers are in for eternal suffering. 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same reason God never stopped Adam and Eve from sinning, causing Him to have to send the Word, who became flesh to die an horrific death for those who choose to believe in Him and in Him who sent Him.

We all have free will to chose what ever we want to do.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the present, we see through a glass darkly. Meaning while here on Earth we can't understand the whole picture and plan of God completely. We're told that ALL things work out for good for those that love the Lord. And to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. 

As was stated above, Christians will suffer tribulation and the evils of this world. Christians are not exempt from the powers and principalities in high places that rule this Earth. 

  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

At the present, we see through a glass darkly. Meaning while here on Earth we can't understand the whole picture and plan of God completely. We're told that ALL things work out for good for those that love the Lord. And to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. 

As was stated above, Christians will suffer tribulation and the evils of this world. Christians are not exempt from the powers and principalities in high places that rule this Earth. 

God's understanding is beyond our understanding as humans. He has a plan and He can see the whole picture where we can not. We have to trust Him and have faith. Blind faith.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God's understanding is beyond our understanding as humans. He has a plan and He can see the whole picture where we can not. We have to trust Him and have faith. Blind faith.

No, not blind faith at all... We have many, many witnesses who recorded what they saw and heard. We have the creation as a witness. We have the inerrant infallible word of the Lord, we have prophesy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

No, not blind faith at all... We have many, many witnesses who recorded what they saw and heard. We have the creation as a witness. We have the inerrant infallible word of the Lord, we have prophesy. 

That is true. Instead of blind faith I should have said "We walk by faith and not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 8:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

 

unfortunately, it is a hard time of trial

i remember there had been a better time when believers prayed for whole humankind and there was more grace for salvation - actually it turned out that unfortunately wolves used the purity of newcomers before many of them were frustrated and others — introduced into the mystery of and brought in on heretical activity, because every person is born with pure heart, but false prophets have deceived many

Blessings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×