BeyondET

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The New testament has little to say of mary. Her last recorded words the Church of Rome would do well to head, "Whatsoever He (the Lord) saith, do it." Then silence, no further record of her speech. Notice Christ never ever addressed her as "Mother," but always as "Woman."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The New testament has little to say of mary. Her last recorded words the Church of Rome would do well to head, "Whatsoever He (the Lord) saith, do it." Then silence, no further record of her speech. Notice Christ never ever addressed her as "Mother," but always as "Woman."

Your mother and your brethren are without .     WHOSOEVER does the will of my FATHER ......................

YEP .  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya, that's just a denial of scripture when it doesn't suit you. 

Rome wins converts to ROME . 

But the true saints POINT ONLY TO JESUS .      I bet you NOTICE THIS , DONT YA .

always trying to point to their ideologies , and sure wont stand on that bible , they do ,  as sadly many others do as well.

But a lamb of Christ , points not to man and wordly institutions that bow to images and kiss the rings of men and pray to saints .

TRUE LAMBS BOW TO GOD ALONE , CHRIST ALONE and pray to GOD alone in and by Christ JESUS .  

• Thumbs Up 1

Rome preaches ROME

Adventists preach the Sabbath

Mormons preach joseph smith

Jehovas  deny the diety and make the mission on their watchtower .

and on and on it goes .   BUT we , who are HIS ,   whose own we are ,   We preach JESUS and HIM crucified and we stand on ONE BOOK ,   THE BIBLE and preach the Christ

of that Bible .    all else is sinking sand and ways of men ,  working to what cannot be earned or slumming and mixing darknesss with Light .

The lambs of the PASTURE of the SHEPARD will not heed the voice of strangers , will not feed from the troughs of intellectual men filled with the wisdom of this world .

THEY will FEED ONLY  from the green pastures of His HOLY TRUTH GRASS and HE guides them and keeps them .  

• Thumbs Up 1

And I make this offer to all catholics .     IF trump can win the presidency with the claims of not being political

THEN yall can vote me in as pope without me being a catholic .

But do be warned , that is going to be one site if that ever happened .     I can almost hear the news anchors say ,

as they hear the crashes from within the Vatican , and the cries , OH NO YA DONT , that goes too ,  OH not ya don't we don't bow to images

and I can almost hear one say ,  OH my we got a new vicar that resembles a combo of dirty harry and mr clean ,  minus the guns and harsh language of course .

ITS HOUSE CLEANING TIME and many a church needs massive cleaning .  SO vote frienduff in as pope ,   if trump can win claiming no political experience

then who knows maybe ol frienduff can too .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

39 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Same question to you.  If I were sitting across the table from you and I asked for proof that your 66 books is inspired text, what would YOUR answer be?

The Jewish people recognized The OT canon as Genesis thru Malachi... the New Testament was through the Church by circulated letters and by mid 2nd century the Muratorian Canon, which was compiled in AD 170, was recognized with the exception of Hebrews, James, and 3 John and the 27 that we have today were finalized at the Council of Carthage (AD 397).

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Just shows how much you know. I never cut and pasted my post from any website. See all the Scriptures I posted? I would say you never even checked one. Do you have any scriptures which teach that any of the 66 books of the Bible were not inspired by God?

What would my answer be regarding 1 Peter 1?

v 1 Peter praises God for his manifold spiritual graces;
v 10 showing that the salvation in Christ the fulfillment of prophesy;
v 13 and exhorts them accordingly to be holy. 

1 Peter 2

v1 He exhorts to put away wickedness;
v 4 showing that Christ is the foundation whereupon they are built.
v 11 He beseeches them also to abstain from sinful desires;
v 13 to be obedient to authorities;

v 18 and teaches servants how to obey their masters;

v 20 patiently suffering for well doing, after the example of Christ. 

1 Peter 3

v 1 He teaches the duty of wives and husbands to each other;
v 8 exhorting all men to unity and love;
v 14 and to suffer persecution.
v 19 He declares also the benefits of Christ toward the old world. 

1 Peter 4

v 1 He exhorts them to cease from sin and live fore God,
v 12 and comforts them against persecution. 

1 Peter 5

v 1 He exhorts the elders to feed their flocks;
v 5 the younger to obey;
v 8 and all to be sober, watchful, and constant in the faith;
v 9 and to resist the cruel adversary the devil. 

Thank you for your commentary, but nowhere in the text does it tell us that it is inspired.  Is it the part that tells us not to sin?  Is it the part that tells us how to obey our masters?  You've given us nothing that tells us 1Peter is inspired.

45 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

And no, I never copied and pasted my answer of the web, I got what I wrote our of my Bible.

It is easy to google your text and it comes up with the website you copied it from.

Again, I ask, prove to me 1Peter is inspired.  If it is too hard, prove to me Mathews gospel is inspired.

24 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Jewish people recognized The OT canon as Genesis thru Malachi... the New Testament was through the Church by circulated letters and by mid 2nd century the Muratorian Canon, which was compiled in AD 170, was recognized with the exception of Hebrews, James, and 3 John and the 27 that we have today were finalized at the Council of Carthage (AD 397).

Thank you.  Do you recognize that the canon from Carthage contain 73 books...the same as the Roman Catholic Church?

I've added a more complete timeline for our freinds following this thread

http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/timeline-of-how-the-bible-came.php

Edited by Concretecamper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Thank you for your commentary, but nowhere in the text does it tell us that it is inspired.  Is it the part that tells us not to sin?  Is it the part that tells us how to obey our masters?  You've given us nothing that tells us 1Peter is inspired.

It is easy to google your text and it comes up with the website you copied it from.

Again, I ask, prove to me 1Peter is inspired.  If it is too hard, prove to me Mathews gospel is inspired.

You go ahead and google the texts and come up with a website I allegedly copied this from.

You never answered my question, Do you have any scriptures which teach that any of the 66 books of the Bible were not inspired by God? 

36 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya, that's just a denial of scripture when it doesn't suit you. 

Who tells us?? When we are born again from above -  the Helper, the Holy Spirit is sent to us who is the Comforter, parakletos, who leads us to all Truth, the Holy Spirit Who is the Author of the scriptures.

So the Holy Spirit told you one thing and other people something else?  Oh right, I forgot, you have to be right, even if you cannot prove it