• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So explain to me how we are supposed to keep it.  Should be a simple thing for you to do.

This subject is not new to me.  I knew, beforehand, when I stated that the Sabbath command was only given to Jews that you would respond with Genesis 2:3.  It's the prerequisite go-to proof text that Sabbath-keepers use over and over again despite the fact that it does absolutely nothing to prove their point.  Show me a scripture that commands anyone to keep the Sabbath before the book of Exodus.  You cannot, because there are none.  We see absolutely no observance of the Sabbath before the Exodus.  If it was so important for all of mankind to observe this day, I am fairly certain that God would have said so up front.  To Adam.  Or Noah.  Or Abraham  Or Jacob.  But no, we have no record of that, nor do we have a record of those people observing the Sabbath.  So Genesis 2:3 cannot be used that way.  It has no command from God to anyone to "keep" this day in the way that you and others are saying we are supposed to.  Genesis 2:3 cannot be used to prove what you are saying it proves.  It's not just bad hermeneutics, it's non-existent hermeneutics to use the verse that way.

We do have, however, clear scripture that says the commandments were not given to anyone else prior to Mt. Sinai.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3 1  Moses summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them.  2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb.
3 It was not with our fathers that the LORD made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today.

Read on in that chapter and you will find that the command to observe the Sabbath is made in verse 12. So you are saying that God commanded everyone to keep the Sabbath in Genesis 2:3, even though the verse says nothing of the kind, but Moses tells us directly no one was commanded to observe the Sabbath up till that point in time.  Curious.

Jesus teaches how to keep the Sabbath: I keep it that way.

You try to teach me that I shouldn't keep it: I ignore you.

I know Geneses 2:3 isn't a commandment. I didn't say it was. I referenced it, to show that God made the 7th day, as a day of rest. Set apart, sanctified and blessed: No work. 

That's how it was intended to be kept. The other additions were given later by God and Jews added their own additions.

7th day is a day of rest. So on the 7th day, I do just that. Jesus says the Sabbath was made for me. For that reason, I keep it. I will not decline Gods gracious offer of rest.

I'm not afraid of being a law keeper, as long as I do what Jesus says, I do nothing wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That is not what people think, and you know very well that is not true even while typing out the statement.  It is a poor tactic to try and paint others as believing something they do not in an attempt to defend your own point of view.  A valid view point would not need that kind of a sleazy tactic.

My spidey senses are beginning to tingle . . .

It's a response to those claiming we don't need to follow laws, because they're not under the law, as they say.

18 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

If the Sabbath, the seventh day was so important to Jesus, why did He first appear to His disciples on the first day of the week, Sunday.

Jews kept the Sabbath on Saturday, not Sunday.

Also, the first day of the week isn't the Sabbath, it's the 7th.

Besides all of that. Jesus had no issue with coming on the Sabbath(if he decided to). He did many other things the Pharisees didn't like, on the Sabbath.

47 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Read on in that chapter and you will find that the command to observe the Sabbath is made in verse 12. So you are saying that God commanded everyone to keep the Sabbath in Genesis 2:3, even though the verse says nothing of the kind, but Moses tells us directly no one was commanded to observe the Sabbath up till that point in time.  Curious.

Are you human? If so, Jesus has something to tell you:

The Sabbath was made for you.

Will you reject that?

When was the Sabbath made? 

From the beginning.

Will you reject that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, MyLordsServant said:

Jews kept the Sabbath on Saturday, not Sunday.

Also, the first day of the week isn't the Sabbath, it's the 7th.

We all know the Jews kept the Sabbath on Saturday.

Saturday is the seventh day of the week, making  first day if the week is SUNDAY.  

Just now, HAZARD said:

We all know the Jews kept the Sabbath on Saturday.

Saturday is the seventh day of the week, making  first day if the week is SUNDAY.  

This is what you said.

"If the Sabbath, the seventh day was so important to Jesus, why did He first appear to His disciples on the first day of the week, Sunday."

Unless you're asking why he didn't appear on the Sabbath.

2 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Are you human? If so, Jesus has something to tell you:

The Sabbath was made for you.

Will you reject that?

When was the Sabbath made? 

From the beginning.

Will you reject that?

No need for wise cracks, we are all human.

Colossians 2:13-17. v.13, And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
    14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, OR IN RESPECT OF AN HOLY DAY, OR OF THE NEW MOON OR OF THE SABBATH DAYS.
    17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

1 minute ago, MyLordsServant said:

This is what you said.

"If the Sabbath, the seventh day was so important to Jesus, why did He first appear to His disciples on the first day of the week, Sunday."

Unless you're asking why he didn't appear on the Sabbath.

Many say we must observe the seventh day Sabbath. I said, if the seventh day Sabbath is still important and must be observed, then why did Jesus first appear to His disciples on a Sunday, and not on Saturday.

16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, OR IN RESPECT OF AN HOLY DAY, OR OF THE NEW MOON OR OF THE SABBATH DAYS.

We can observe any day, including Saturday if we wish, or every day, or no day at all. Jesus fulfilled the entire Mosaic law not just some of it.

Just now, HAZARD said:

No need for wise cracks.

It's a wise crack if you take it as one.

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Let no man therefore judge you in ... OF THE SABBATH DAYS.

Why then judge me that I keep the Sabbath? Your own verse quote is working against you.

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Many say we must observe the seventh day Sabbath. I said, if the seventh day Sabbath is still important and must be observed, then why did Jesus first appear to His disciples on a Sunday, and not on Saturday.

We can observe any day, including Saturday if we wish, or every day, or no day at all. Jesus fulfilled the entire Mosaic law not just some of it.

God sanctified and blessed the 7th day.

If he unsanctified or unblessed it, let me know.