• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, MyLordsServant said:

It's a wise crack if you take it as one.

Why then judge me that I keep the Sabbath? Your own verse quote is working against you.

No its not if you read my posts with an honest heart instead of attacking members.

The wise crack was not directed at me, but there is no need for rubbish like that on this board. Its insulting to ask another member if they are human. I don't judge you for keeping the seventh day.

Did you real my last post where I said this?

We can observe any day, including Saturday if we wish, or every day, or no day at all. Jesus fulfilled the entire Mosaic law not just some of it.

8 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

God sanctified and blessed the 7th day.

If he unsanctified or unblessed it, let me know.

Sure, Jesus did away with it and the old testament laws and rituals, holy days, new moons and Sabbaths. Don't believe me, believe the Holy Word of God.

Here is an old post of mine which I kept in my folders for just an occasion like this. Don't just speed read it, check each and every scripture and get the entire picture, you will learn something. And observe the Sabbath if you so choose, no worries at all. But it is no longer a commandment. enjoy.

Coll. 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

This refers to all the Sabbaths of the law of Moses, including the regular weekly Sabbath. All of them are now abolished with the law thus fulfilling prophecy (Isa. 1:13-15; Hos. 2:11).

Christians are now free to keep any day they want to as a Sabbath (v 14:17; Romans 14:5-6; Gal. 3:9-10)

All Sabbaths were a shadow of the rest we now have in Jesus Christ (v 17; Matthew 11:28-30; Heb. 4:3, 10-11; 10:1).

The Old Covenant Sabbath has been done away with by Jesus Himself. We now live under the New Covenant.

Rom. 14:5-6. Rom. 14:5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind

.V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Gal. 4:9-10.

Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

V. 10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Coll. 2:14-17;

Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

V. 17, which are a shadow of things to come; but the body of Christ.

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise. WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant]. Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

instead of attacking members.

Show me my attack, before making such bold statement.

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The wise crack was not directed at me, but there is no need for rubbish like that on this board. Its insulting to ask another member if they are human.

It's a rhetorical question; not implying derision. If you understood the verse, "Sabbath was made for man(human)".

You're offended in vain.

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Did you real my last post where I said this?

We can observe any day, including Saturday if we wish, or every day, or no day at all. Jesus fulfilled the entire Mosaic law not just some of it.

Then why are you here making a case about keeping the Sabbath?

Whether I keep or don't keep it, according to the verse, you shouldn't be offended or have response in either instance.

4 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Show me my attack, before making such bold statement.

It's a rhetorical question; not implying derision. If you understood the verse, "Sabbath was made for man(human)".

You're offended in vain.

Then why are you here making a case about keeping the Sabbath?

Whether I keep or don't keep it, according to the verse, you shouldn't be offended or have response in either instance.

Asking a human being, or suggesting a human being may not be human by saying' If your human," is an attack and an insult, and no I'm not personally offended because it was not aimed at me, and please stop your ranting. Read my last post and wake up to yourself.

You asked me to let you know if the Sabbath day is no longer sanctified, here is the answer;

Sure, Jesus did away with it and the old testament laws and rituals, holy days, new moons and Sabbaths. Don't believe me, believe the Holy Word of God.

Here is an old post of mine which I kept in my folders for just an occasion like this. Don't just speed read it, check each and every scripture and get the entire picture, you will learn something. And observe the Sabbath if you so choose, no worries at all. But it is no longer a commandment. enjoy.

Coll. 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

This refers to all the Sabbaths of the law of Moses, including the regular weekly Sabbath. All of them are now abolished with the law thus fulfilling prophecy (Isa. 1:13-15; Hos. 2:11).

Christians are now free to keep any day they want to as a Sabbath (v 14:17; Romans 14:5-6; Gal. 3:9-10)

All Sabbaths were a shadow of the rest we now have in Jesus Christ (v 17; Matthew 11:28-30; Heb. 4:3, 10-11; 10:1).

The Old Covenant Sabbath has been done away with by Jesus Himself. We now live under the New Covenant.

Rom. 14:5-6. Rom. 14:5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind

.V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Gal. 4:9-10.

Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

V. 10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Coll. 2:14-17;

Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

V. 17, which are a shadow of things to come; but the body of Christ.

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise. WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant]. Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

I'm not offended, and please stop your ranting. Read my last post and wake up to yourself.

You asked me to let you know if the Sabbath day is no longer sanctified, here is the answer;

Jesus says to keep the Sabbath. So I keep it.

No need to get offended. 

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No, it is not.  It is a fallacious response to nothing because no one has ever said that.  No one on this board has ever said we don't need to follow laws, so it is a meaningless post that applies to no one on this board, so why would you even post such a thing unless your intent was to make your false doctrine look acceptable by attempting to paint other doctrine as bad using statements that are false.  It's a bad tactic and it is easily discernible as one. 

You behave in a way which is familiar to me . . .

A response to those who say, "we are not under the law anymore".

19 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Jesus says to keep the Sabbath. So I keep it.

No need to get offended. 

You obviously have not read my previous posts in your eagerness to stamp your authority on this debate. Like I said you do what you like. Show me Scripturally, where Jesus says we must keep the Sabbath, after He said, "It is finished," on the cross as He gave His last breath. If you can find one Scripture where Jesus said we must keep the Sabbath, I will again keep it like I used to. I will also slaughter a few of my bullocks on the appropriate days, and try to keep the Old Testament Laws Jesus said He did away with. 

• Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You didn't actually deal with anything I said.

First off, I asked you to explain to me how to keep the Sabbath.  So far, I've heard nothing out of you on that front.

I asked you for scripture which commands anyone to observe the Sabbath before Mt Sinai, and you didn't deal with that either.

I showed you plain scripture that tells us the Sabbath was not commanded to be observed by anyone before Mt. Sinai, and you didn't deal with that either.

You accuse people of things that haven't even been said, you bring up new things to rabbit trail, but you don't deal directly with questions very well.

Show me scripture where Jesus or the Apostles told anyone to observe the Sabbath.

I do not reject the Sabbath.  I reject your flawed concept of how we are supposed to keep it.

Hay Cobalt 1959, Maybe we should stop feeding the troll? :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

First off, I asked you to explain to me how to keep the Sabbath.  So far, I've heard nothing out of you on that front.

I said in a previous post, you keep it by resting, doing no work.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You accuse people of things that haven't even been said, you bring up new things to rabbit trail, but you don't deal directly with questions very well.

I haven't accused anyone of anything, as you suggest I did. If I did, point to where.

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Show me scripture where Jesus or the Apostles told anyone to observe the Sabbath.

"Sabbath was made for man".

I'm man(human), therefore Jesus' statement applies to me.

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

You obviously have not read my previous posts in your eagerness to stamp your authority on this debate. Like I said you do what you like. Show me Scripturally, where Jesus says we must keep the Sabbath, after He said, "It is finished," in the cross as He gave His last breath. If you can find one Scripture where Jesus said we must keep the Sabbath, I will again keep it like I used to. I will also slaughter a few of my bullocks on the appropriate days, and try to keep the Old Testament Laws Jesus said He did away with. 

"Sabbath was made for man".

Are you man(human)?

• Thumbs Up 1