Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I've often wondered about some of the important people of the Bible, and what happened to them? Why there was no further mention of them. Such as:

Noah (Noe). He lived after the flood for another 350 years [Gen 9:28-29]. No mention is ever made of him after the flood that I'm aware of? Did he cash in his 401K into retirement?

Joseph the husband of the virgin Mary, an important figure vanishes into history with no details whatsoever?

The first man Adam lived 930 years [Gen 5:5]. If you graph out Adam's years and those of the following patriarchs and descendants, he could have known some or all of them personally? No mention is make that I've found that anyone consulted Adam or talked to or knew him? Wouldn't you think it logical people would be lined up to talk with him? 

No mention of Adam's wife Eve is made either, as to how long she lived or her recorded death? I would think that might be important for genealogical records if nothing else?

I realize if it's not in the Bible, it wasn't important for God to let us know all the details. You had better hope you're not standing behind me when it becomes question and answer time when we meet our Lord and Savior, because you're going to need eternity before it's your turn :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've often wondered about some of the important people of the Bible, and what happened to them? Why there was no further mention of them. Such as:

Noah (Noe). He lived after the flood for another 350 years [Gen 9:28-29]. No mention is ever made of him after the flood that I'm aware of? Did he cash in his 401K into retirement?

Joseph the husband of the virgin Mary, an important figure vanishes into history with no details whatsoever?

The first man Adam lived 930 years [Gen 5:5]. If you graph out Adam's years and those of the following patriarchs and descendants, he could have known some or all of them personally? No mention is make that I've found that anyone consulted Adam or talked to or knew him? Wouldn't you think it logical people would be lined up to talk with him? 

No mention of Adam's wife Eve is made either, as to how long she lived or her recorded death? I would think that might be important for genealogical records if nothing else?

I realize if it's not in the Bible, it wasn't important for God to let us know all the details. You had better hope you're not standing behind me when it becomes question and answer time when we meet our Lord and Savior, because you're going to need eternity before it's your turn :laugh:

If God thought it was important for us to know, he would have filled us in.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If God thought it was important for us to know, he would have filled us in.

26 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

As stated in my post, "I realize if it's not in the Bible, it wasn't important for God to let us know all the details."

I also thought perhaps someone might have Bible reference to some of those details I may have overlooked. Besides, if I'm representative of the human thought process, how could you not wonder about those things and try and search them out?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

As stated in my post, "I realize if it's not in the Bible, it wasn't important for God to let us know all the details."

I also thought perhaps someone might have Bible reference to some of those details I may have overlooked. Besides, if I'm representative of the human thought process, how could you not wonder about those things and try and search them out?  

I would invest time in what IS in the Bible and available to search out rather than waste time what isn't important to know and for which there are non real answers.   Searching something out only makes sense if there is something to search for.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Good questions Dennis.

What happened to Joseph – Mary’s husband?

The last mention of Joseph, husband of Mary the mother of Jesus, was during the temple visit in Jerusalem when Jesus was twelve years old. Towards the end of their visit, Joseph and Mary got separated from Jesus and were greatly troubled and in anguish. Three days later they finally found Him dialoguing with the religious leaders at the temple. Relieved yet regretful of the worry they suffered, Mary “said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?” (Luke 2:48, 49).

After being in the temple and understanding the nature of His life on earth, Jesus apparently became more aware of His relationship to His heavenly Father and His mission. It was appropriate then that His earthly “father” Joseph should fade from the gospel picture. The silence of the Scriptures concerning Joseph from this time forth suggests that he did not live to see the opening of Christ’s public ministry. There are several reasons that support this idea:

1-Jesus started His ministry when He was thirty years old probably because He needed to be home to take care of His mother and family.

2-At the very beginning of Jesus’ ministry, the Bible records the story of the wedding at Cana (John 2). The Bible mentions how Mary the mother of Jesus played a role in asking Jesus to provide for the guests, but there is no reference to Joseph.

3-When Jesus was on the cross, He asked His disciple John to take care of His mother (John 19:26-27). If Joseph was alive, Jesus wouldn’t have asked a non-kin to take care of His mother. This would not have been appropriate.

4-There is no mention of Joseph being alive during the ministry of Jesus in the other books of the New Testament.

5-There is no mention of Joseph being alive during the ministry of Jesus in the Church history.

https://bibleask.org/happened-joseph-marys-husband/

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

1-Jesus started His ministry when He was thirty years old probably because He needed to be home to take care of His mother and family.

Yeah, I totally agree thanks!

Would another reason be, I seem to recall, that the legal age of adulthood, marriage and/or priesthood was thirty years old also? 

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I would invest time in what IS in the Bible and available to search out rather than waste time what isn't important to know and for which there are non real answers.   Searching something out only makes sense if there is something to search for.

That's a contradictory statement isn't it? It's the glory of kings to search out a thing, if you don't 'search', how does one know if it's there or not?

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

This response is about as helpful as a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. Free moral agents, interested in God, His Word the Bible are free to search out any thoughts that enter their mind to see "IF" any answers that they seek  are there. If no answer is there, no harm done. Take your own advice and stop wasting time putting posters down who do not line up with your high and mighty thoughts and beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's a contradictory statement isn't it? It's the glory of kings to search out a thing, if you don't 'search', how does one know if it's there or not?

Well said mate :thumbsup: Shiloh "THINKS" he has all the answers!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1