IGNORED

Bible Mysteries

Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's a contradictory statement isn't it? It's the glory of kings to search out a thing, if you don't 'search', how does one know if it's there or not?

If you already know there isn't anything there that is historically reliable, like how Eve died, then what's the point?   There is so much to search out in the Bible that is knowable; isn't that enough?

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Well said mate :thumbsup: Shiloh "THINKS" he has all the answers!

No I don't.   But what answers I DO have didn't come from copying pasting the works of a pedophile reprobate like Dake.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No I don't.   But what answers I DO have didn't come from copying pasting the works of a pedophile reprobate like Dake.

You will be answerable to God for statements like that. You cannot know or prove whether he repented of any sins he may or may not have committed, you see, were all not perfect you make yourself out to be.

And you copy and past enough for all of us put together.

'There is so much to search out in the Bible that is knowable; isn't that enough?"

Another statement that means nothing. You keep wasting your time searching out the things you already know and we will be ever so grateful if you pass it onto us.  

I notice you never responded to the last copy and past I made from a man who agreed with Dake. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If you already know there isn't anything there that is historically reliable, like how Eve died, then what's the point?   There is so much to search out in the Bible that is knowable; isn't that enough?

Why are you trying to match wits with me, am I committing a heresy or blasphemy? 

I readily acknowledge you're much smarter than I. I'm a serious student of the Bible still on milk, trying to accelerate my Bible knowledge from decades of living in the flesh and not studying as I should have. How about cutting me some slack unless I'm totally out of line? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Why are you trying to match wits with me, am I committing a heresy or blasphemy?

Nope.  But searching for answers that you already know are not there, makes no sense.

13 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I readily acknowledge you're much smarter than I. I'm a serious student of the Bible still on milk, trying to accelerate my Bible knowledge from decades of living in the flesh and not studying as I should have. How about cutting me some slack unless I'm totally out of line? 

He thinks he is smarter than most and doesn't care about you or me, or anyone else, its what he normally does. He likes to stamp his authority on lesser peoples, (in his opinion), Posts, and tell us all how smart he is and how we should study God's Word, "his way only."

What he means is, if we have any questions regarding God's Word, we should ask him, not anyone else. He is a complete collage of knowledge.  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Good questions Dennis.

What happened to Joseph – Mary’s husband?

The last mention of Joseph, husband of Mary the mother of Jesus, was during the temple visit in Jerusalem when Jesus was twelve years old. Towards the end of their visit, Joseph and Mary got separated from Jesus and were greatly troubled and in anguish. Three days later they finally found Him dialoguing with the religious leaders at the temple. Relieved yet regretful of the worry they suffered, Mary “said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?” (Luke 2:48, 49).

After being in the temple and understanding the nature of His life on earth, Jesus apparently became more aware of His relationship to His heavenly Father and His mission. It was appropriate then that His earthly “father” Joseph should fade from the gospel picture. The silence of the Scriptures concerning Joseph from this time forth suggests that he did not live to see the opening of Christ’s public ministry. There are several reasons that support this idea:

1-Jesus started His ministry when He was thirty years old probably because He needed to be home to take care of His mother and family.

2-At the very beginning of Jesus’ ministry, the Bible records the story of the wedding at Cana (John 2). The Bible mentions how Mary the mother of Jesus played a role in asking Jesus to provide for the guests, but there is no reference to Joseph.

3-When Jesus was on the cross, He asked His disciple John to take care of His mother (John 19:26-27). If Joseph was alive, Jesus wouldn’t have asked a non-kin to take care of His mother. This would not have been appropriate.

4-There is no mention of Joseph being alive during the ministry of Jesus in the other books of the New Testament.

5-There is no mention of Joseph being alive during the ministry of Jesus in the Church history.

https://bibleask.org/happened-joseph-marys-husband/

Actually there is a mentioning of Joseph being alive during Jesus later years around 30,

John 6:42
And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

notice what they said,, whose father and mother they know.

Jesus Did not raise from the dead everyone who died in his time, the ones He did were for reasons,

the widow from Nain her son Jesus raise from the dead, 

this is was for two reason, one because the deciples knew him and saw him when Jesus was arrested, the widow from Nain son ran away naked leaving his linen garment behind, he followed Jesus after the young man was raise from the dead.

it was yet another example of the resurrection Jesus was showing them, when the two deciples ran to the tomb and seen the linen garment in the tomb left behind, that was a clue to remember the raised  son from Nain and the garment he left, and to know yes indeed Jesus has been raised from the dead.

Second why the widow from Nain, this is to let you know Jesus mother was a widow also in the end.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Nope.  But searching for answers that you already know are not there, makes no sense.

Sister Scholastica, Dennis never said he already knew?  In his opening post said this;

"

I realize if it's not in the Bible, it wasn't important for God to let us know all the details."

How would he know if something is or is not import and not in the Bible unless he has a question, searches for it and as many do, asks on here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

He thinks he is smarter than most and doesn't care about you or me, or anyone else, its what he normally does. He likes to stamp his authority on lesser peoples, (in his opinion), Posts, and tell us all how smart he is and how we should study God's Word, "his way only."

What he means is, if we have any questions regarding God's Word, we should ask him, not anyone else. He is a complete collage of knowledge.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Personally, I don't want any dissension or division between my brothers and sisters in Christ. There's already to much hate and division in our churches, government and ourselves on this and every other Christian forum I've seen. We sure are loving one another as Christ commanded. I've been guilty myself, but I'm making every effort to correct my attitude and behavior. 

2 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Actually there is a mentioning of Joseph being alive during Jesus later years around 30,

John 6:42
And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

notice what they said,, whose father and mother they know.

Jesus Did not raise from the dead everyone who died in his time, the ones He did were for reasons,

the widow from Nain her son Jesus raise from the dead, 

this is was for two reason, one because the deciples knew him and saw him when Jesus was arrested, the widow from Nain son ran away naked leaving his linen garment behind, he followed Jesus after the young man was raise from the dead.

it was yet another example of the resurrection Jesus was showing them, when the two deciples ran to the tomb and seen the linen garment in the tomb left behind, that was a clue to remember the raised  son from Nain and the garment he left, and to know yes indeed Jesus has been raised from the dead.

Second why the widow from Nain, this is to let you know Jesus mother was a widow also in the end.

Wow, great find ET. I have read that scripture many times and never thought about it. Well done.:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1