IGNORED

Why So Many Translations?

Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
On 1/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, Dennis1209 said:

What translation of the Bible do you use, and why? I think that's a legitimate question.  

First off, I'm by no means knocking any translation of the Bible whatsoever. 

I often see and hear the question, "why are there so many Bible translations"? I've often heard because there was a need for a different translation to keep up with the times and general understanding. Rather than rely on others opinions, I did a little digging on my own. I wasn't surprised when I came to the conclusion of the age old adage: 'follow the money'.

Even today, the Bible has been the number one selling book of all time. With the exception of the 1611 King James AV, most Bible's of today are copyrighted. Exactly what does that mean? It means you may not reproduce, share or distribute the translators work without a royalty or permission paid (money). I'll withhold of what I think about that.

My percentage may be off a little bit, but to obtain a copyright to a translation of the Bible, it must differ by at least 15%. Fifteen percent from what? Anything that differs, is altered or omitted by 15% from something that is 100% accurate, you get the point. In my opinion the AV King James Bible is the most accurate version ever translated to English. And speaking of 'English', old English is not that hard to comprehend and has an elegance to it, and those ye, thy and thou's make it more accurate than our English modern vernacular, he be, she be, it be... 

If we have difficulty understanding certain word meanings, we have a number of convenient references to look them up; such as Strong's complete dictionary of Bible words.

https://support.biblegateway.com/hc/en-us/articles/228180227-Why-are-modern-Bible-translations-copyrighted-

I'm interested in the translation you use and why? I'm open to learning something new. 

I am a KJV guy!!