• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Ringwoodite exists, and that's a fact.  But saying that the 'seismic ping' that responds like water is actually Ringwoodite is entirely a theory.  Actually, so is the idea that there is pure H2O down there, but I happen to believe what the Bible says about the matter.  When the water abated, it went somewhere.

Another fact is that we cannot get down there to witness all the supposed Ringwoodite.  It sure looks like there is water down there, based on its seismic wave slowness, but there are also a lot of scientists who would prefer it be anything but water because of an agenda.  If it was water down there, it could mean there was a global flood.

Interesting. Of course God knows about it because He created it. I wonder what the purpose is for?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Interesting. Of course God knows about it because He created it. I wonder what the purpose is for?

Who knows?  Maybe Ringwoodite will work better than asbestos for re-entry into the atmosphere, or maybe it will turn out to make lithium batteries better? 

One never knows.

Ringwoodite was found inside a diamond, but diamonds turn out to NOT be millions of years old because they still contain Carbon 14.   But grabbing handfuls of the stuff has not happened, yet.  However, I understand you can make the stuff in a lab.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

Yes.  It is there.  It is why people are black balled for suggesting creation is a possibility,  in the evolution community.  Touchy and insecure crowd in the 'science' business.

Did you ever watch Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed?

It is an interesting documentary that you can now find on YouTube, staring Ben Stein.  Of course, the agenda crowd calls it propaganda.  :)

I don't think I've watched the whole thing. I do recall when it came out and seen several clips. Since it has a clear agenda to present, then yes, it's pretty much propaganda. It's written and marketed to a specific audience.

[Interesting summary critic review on Rotten Tomatoes: "Full of patronizing, poorly structured arguments, Expelled is a cynical political stunt in the guise of a documentary." And that's just from movie critics, not even scientists.]

I was watching some of that "Evolution's Achilles Heel", that you linked (gone now?). The tone in that is actually quite pleasant, making their case(s) in a non-adversarial way (at least from what I watched so far - I was interested in the geology aspect obviously). CMI has a much better tone overall and far less propagandistic than AiG. 

2 hours ago, teddyv said:

I don't think I've watched the whole thing. I do recall when it came out and seen several clips. Since it has a clear agenda to present, then yes, it's pretty much propaganda. It's written and marketed to a specific audience.

The case they make is that you lose your grants and get fired if you, in any way, go against the evolution agenda.   It reminds me of the censorship concerning differing opinions on Covid 19 and the vaccine.  Real science requires you argue against your premise, but not when science becomes political.

[Interesting summary critic review on Rotten Tomatoes: "Full of patronizing, poorly structured arguments, Expelled is a cynical political stunt in the guise of a documentary." And that's just from movie critics, not even scientists.]

You should watch the whole thing to understand it.  It's out there. 

This critic does not say a word about the people who lost their grants or jobs.  I bet if they quit firing people for suggesting we might study intelligent design, I bet a lot more people would be willing to tell you what they think.

I was watching some of that "Evolution's Achilles Heel", that you linked (gone now?). The tone in that is actually quite pleasant, making their case(s) in a non-adversarial way (at least from what I watched so far - I was interested in the geology aspect obviously). CMI has a much better tone overall and far less propagandistic than AiG. 

Glad you are enjoying it. 

The only thing I disagreed about was the magnetic polls swapping, I don't think that happens.  The lame way they measure for that is not convincing.  Below average (sine wave) does not mean reversal.

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

The case they make is that you lose your grants and get fired if you, in any way, go against the evolution agenda.   It reminds me of the censorship concerning differing opinions on Covid 19 and the vaccine.  Real science requires you argue against your premise, but not when science becomes political.

I'd have to look into each case. The movie would be a staring point, but I would not accept anything at face value from such a program.

Do you think a Christian teacher should be fired from a Christian school for not adhering to YEC doctrine?

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

You should watch the whole thing to understand it.  It's out there. 

This critic does not say a word about the people who lost their grants or jobs.  I bet if they quit firing people for suggesting we might study intelligent design, I bet a lot more people would be willing to tell you what they think.

No, the critic is commenting on the structure and presentation of the narrative in the documentary. If it provable that the documentary is making unfounded assumptions, making connections that don't exist, then they undermine their pointeven if they are right. I would think one could present their case without unnecessarily muddying the water.

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Glad you are enjoying it. 

The only thing I disagreed about was the magnetic polls swapping, I don't think that happens.  The lame way they measure for that is not convincing.  Below average (sine wave) does not mean reversal.

Since the show is mainly a presentation of the "best evidences", they don't really get into any of the underlying studies that they interpret as supporting it. I understand that since the viewers are mainly lay-persons and it would take an hour and a half to present each point on its own.

It should be used as a starting point as well for anyone serious in the debate because there will be good counterpoints out there. A lot of the show hinges on appeal to authority. I was surprised by Dr. Marcus Ross (the geologist) assertion about folded rocks. He was totally appealing to a common-sense approach but not really delving into why mainstream geology does say that rocks can bend.

As the magnetic poles, my question was, how long was the intervening period between the flows they measured?

18 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I'd have to look into each case.

The program makes the case with several people who lost their jobs, and these people where not even suggesting God Almighty was the reason for our existence.  These people were suggesting some intelligent designer was responsible; hence the title.  They went against the idea that dirt was the hero and that the 'nothing' exploded into everything.

Do you think a Christian teacher should be fired from a Christian school for not adhering to YEC doctrine?

No, but if the school asks that they teach YEC, then the teacher should, but I have no objections if a teacher said, "I will teach you this, but I don't believe it."

Since the show is mainly a presentation of the "best evidences", they don't really get into any of the underlying studies that they interpret as supporting it. I understand that since the viewers are mainly lay-persons and it would take an hour and a half to present each point on its own.

That's true that it is best evidences, and does a pretty good job of countering the evolutionist claims.

I was surprised by Dr. Marcus Ross (the geologist) assertion about folded rocks. He was totally appealing to a common-sense approach but not really delving into why mainstream geology does say that rocks can bend.

Agreed.

As the magnetic poles, my question was, how long was the intervening period between the flows they measured?

I think the whole measurement method is flawed.  As I said, below average magnetism is not a reversal.  It would be like saying if a person was below average height, they would be considered a 'reversal.'  Shorter maybe, but not a polarity change of 'reversal.'

Do you think it is still possible to have a molten core here on Earth, if the Earth truly had such a long cooling off period of 'many billions of years?'

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

The program makes the case with several people who lost their jobs, and these people where not even suggesting God Almighty was the reason for our existence.  These people were suggesting some intelligent designer was responsible; hence the title.  They went against the idea that dirt was the hero and that the 'nothing' exploded into everything.

Yes, that would be the gist of it. But there is usually a lot more going on in the background.

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

No, but if the school asks that they teach YEC, then the teacher should, but I have no objections if a teacher said, "I will teach you this, but I don't believe it."

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

That's true that it is best evidences, and does a pretty good job of countering the evolutionist claims.

It brings up some issues, but I'm not sure it counters, since we never really hear the counter-argument (from the evolutionary biologist side).

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Agreed.

Maybe a first? :)

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

I think the whole measurement method is flawed.  As I said, below average magnetism is not a reversal.  It would be like saying if a person was below average height, they would be considered a 'reversal.'  Shorter maybe, but not a polarity change of 'reversal.'

I can't recall the docs specifics about this at the moment. I 

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Do you think it is still possible to have a molten core here on Earth, if the Earth truly had such a long cooling off period of 'many billions of years?'

I might be out of date, but my recollection is that the core remains heated by ongoing radioactive decay.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/18/2018 at 7:02 AM, Adstar said:

You guys who are responding should see this discovery as a good thing... We know in the scriptures that during the great flood the springs of the deep where opened up as well as the rain from above.. Having the fact that there is huge reserves of water deep inside the earth can let us know where the flood waters ended up and where a lot ( maybe the vast majority of the flood waters came from..

Genesis 7: KJV

11 "¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."

What does this mean Theologically? :D  The waters of the great flood are still with us deep within planet earth..

Imagine that. The Bible well ahead of science.