• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

Is Your “Worship” Acceptable To God?

...Let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:28,29 ESV)

Let’s consult His Word (the Bible; remember that book?) and see what He has to say about it:

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness---with good works. (1 Timothy 2:8-10 ESV)

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. (1 Timothy 2:11-14 ESV)

As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.  (1 Corinthians 14:33-35 ESV)

If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing you are a command of the Lord. If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. (1 Corinthians 14:37,38 ESV)

What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. (1 Corinthians 14:26-28 ESV)

…An overseer, as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. (Titus 1:7-9 ESV)

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people---not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler---not even to eat with such a one.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” (1 Corinthians 5:9-13 ESV)

And now, let’s take a look at the Old Testament to see where the people of God who were before us went wrong, and consider for ourselves whether God has changed His feelings:

“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it, or take from it.” (Deuteronomy 12:32 ESV)

(So, He wasn’t okay with the people of Israel adding or taking away from what He had commanded them---but He doesn’t mind if Christians do this with what He has commanded them?)

Jesus said:

“’This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teachings as doctrines the commandments of men. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” (Mark 7:6-8 ESV)

(Is your church doing this?)

Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom! Give ear to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah!

“What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the LORD; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls or of lambs, or of goats.

“When you come to appear before Me, who has required of you this trampling of My courts? Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations---

I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:10-13 ESV)

“Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your deeds, and I will let you dwell in this place. Do not trust in these deceptive words:  ‘This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD.’

“…Behold, you trust in deceptive words to no avail. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, and then come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered!’---only to go on doing all these abominations?

…Go now to My place that was at Shiloh, where I made My name dwell at first, and see what I did to it because of the evil of my people Israel.

And now, because you have done all these things, declares the LORD, and when I spoke to you persistently you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer, therefore I will do to the house that is called by My name, and in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your fathers, as I did to Shiloh. And I will cast you out of My sight…” (Jeremiah 7:3,4,8-10, 12-15 ESV)

Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censor and put fire in it and laid incense on it and offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, which He had not commanded them. And fire came out from before the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD. Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD has said: ‘Among those who are near Me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified.’” (Leviticus 10:1-3 ESV)

"Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry." (1 Samuel 15:22,23 ESV)

'...Those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.' (1 Samuel 2:30 ESV)

In Conclusion:

See that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject Him who warns from heaven.

…Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:25,28,29 ESV)

“For I the LORD do not change…” (Malachi 3:6 ESV)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 ESV)

(Is the Master of the house knocking on the door of your church like He was knocking on the door of the church at Laodicea---who were about to be vomited out of His mouth---while you ‘worship’ Him inside?)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,822
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

"( the Bible; remember that book? )"

Really?

Take care,

Adios

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,822
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

double posted

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

"( the Bible; remember that book? )"

Really?

Take care,

Adios

Yes, I know that you have it, and that you know (or could and should know) what it says---as does God. That's the point.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Is Your “Worship” Acceptable To God?

...Let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:28,29 ESV)

Let’s consult His Word (the Bible; remember that book?) and see what He has to say about it:

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness---with good works. (1 Timothy 2:8-10 ESV)

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. (1 Timothy 2:11-14 ESV)

As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.  (1 Corinthians 14:33-35 ESV)

If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing you are a command of the Lord. If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. (1 Corinthians 14:37,38 ESV)

What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. (1 Corinthians 14:26-28 ESV)

…An overseer, as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. (Titus 1:7-9 ESV)

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people---not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler---not even to eat with such a one.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.” (1 Corinthians 5:9-13 ESV)

And now, let’s take a look at the Old Testament to see where the people of God who were before us went wrong, and consider for ourselves whether God has changed His feelings:

“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it, or take from it.” (Deuteronomy 12:32 ESV)

(So, He wasn’t okay with the people of Israel adding or taking away from what He had commanded them---but He doesn’t mind if Christians do this with what He has commanded them?)

Jesus said:

“’This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teachings as doctrines the commandments of men. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” (Mark 7:6-8 ESV)

(Is your church doing this?)

Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom! Give ear to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah!

“What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the LORD; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls or of lambs, or of goats.

“When you come to appear before Me, who has required of you this trampling of My courts? Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations---

I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:10-13 ESV)

“Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your deeds, and I will let you dwell in this place. Do not trust in these deceptive words:  ‘This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD.’

“…Behold, you trust in deceptive words to no avail. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, and then come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered!’---only to go on doing all these abominations?

…Go now to My place that was at Shiloh, where I made My name dwell at first, and see what I did to it because of the evil of my people Israel.

And now, because you have done all these things, declares the LORD, and when I spoke to you persistently you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer, therefore I will do to the house that is called by My name, and in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your fathers, as I did to Shiloh. And I will cast you out of My sight…” (Jeremiah 7:3,4,8-10, 12-15 ESV)

Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censor and put fire in it and laid incense on it and offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, which He had not commanded them. And fire came out from before the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD. Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD has said: ‘Among those who are near Me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified.’” (Leviticus 10:1-3 ESV)

"Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry." (1 Samuel 15:22,23 ESV)

'...Those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.' (1 Samuel 2:30 ESV)

In Conclusion:

See that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject Him who warns from heaven.

…Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:25,28,29 ESV)

“For I the LORD do not change…” (Malachi 3:6 ESV)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 ESV)

(Is the Master of the house knocking on the door of your church like He was knocking on the door of the church at Laodicea---who were about to be vomited out of His mouth---while you ‘worship’ Him inside?)

Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it, or take from it    GOD OF OLD TESTAMENT

That if any man takes from or adds to the sayings in this book................................................................GOD OF NEW TESTAMENT.

SEEMS IDENTICAL TO ME .

How often God was grave through the prophets who warned the people to repent................................GOD OF OLD TESTAMENT

HOW Grave was JESUS  , how grave were the men who wrote the epistels and HOW GRAVE was GOD who said REPENT OR ELSE to the seven churches.  GOD OF NEW TESTAMENT

SEEMS IDENTICAL TO ME.

THANK YOU FOR THIS LOVELY REMINDER .     and I leave us with pauls own words........................IT IS A FEARFUL THING to fall in the hands of the LIVING GOD

or    THEREFORE KNOWING THE TERROR OF GOD we warn men to repent. 

Sounds like the HOLY SPIRIT WHO IS  GOD ,  IS GRAVE THROUGH BOTH the prophets of old and the apostels.

I have learned by grace in the bible,   GOD HAS NOT NOR CAN HE CHANGE and that all things written and recored,  TRULY are for our admonition , so as we do NOT as the evil did .

• Praise God! 1

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it, or take from it    GOD OF OLD TESTAMENT

That if any man takes from or adds to the sayings in this book................................................................GOD OF NEW TESTAMENT.

SEEMS IDENTICAL TO ME .

How often God was grave through the prophets who warned the people to repent................................GOD OF OLD TESTAMENT

HOW Grave was JESUS  , how grave were the men who wrote the epistels and HOW GRAVE was GOD who said REPENT OR ELSE to the seven churches.  GOD OF NEW TESTAMENT

SEEMS IDENTICAL TO ME.

THANK YOU FOR THIS LOVELY REMINDER .     and I leave us with pauls own words........................IT IS A FEARFUL THING to fall in the hands of the LIVING GOD

or    THEREFORE KNOWING THE TERROR OF GOD we warn men to repent. 

Sounds like the HOLY SPIRIT WHO IS  GOD ,  IS GRAVE THROUGH BOTH the prophets of old and the apostels.

I have learned by grace in the bible,   GOD HAS NOT NOR CAN HE CHANGE and that all things written and recored,  TRULY are for our admonition , so as we do NOT as the evil did .

And believe me that HOLY SPIRIT sure can be grave.   A man and his wife were killed for lying to the HOLY GHOST .     GOD don't  change .   we better FOLLOW JESUS to the end

HE IS our ONLY HOPE .  amen

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

11 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

A man and his wife were killed for lying to the HOLY GHOST .

This was a sign, surely a sign from the Lord. Walk in sincerity and humility!

"Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders.

Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
        But gives grace to the humble.”" - 1 Peter 5:5

And about sin... Do not be friend with it, be friend with the Lord, cry to Him and He will give you grace to overcome.

"And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye,
rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire" - Mark 9:47

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

This was a sign, surely a sign from the Lord. Walk in sincerity and humility!

"Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders.

Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
        But gives grace to the humble.”" - 1 Peter 5:5

And about sin... Do not be friend with it, be friend with the Lord, cry to Him and He will give you grace to overcome.

"And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye,
rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire" - Mark 9:47

YES, onward in the LORD my friend of many letters.   And may the peoples submit to GOD resist the devil and he will flee.

God gives us a way out of every evil temptation and a way THROUGH every trial.  HIS NAME.  JESUS .   we follow HIM to the end , faithfully.

ARMOUR UP LAMBS OFTHE LORD,    the trials will increase and we shall in time be persecuted for thevery faith WE LOVE .   no fear , onward in the LORD.

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Dunno:

Rom_15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

2Co_1:24  Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, for you stand firm in your faith.

Gal_5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Php_1:4  always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,
Php_1:25  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,
Php_2:2  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Col_1:11  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,
1Th_1:6  And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
1Th_2:19  For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you?
1Th_2:20  For you are our glory and joy.
1Th_3:9  For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God,

Seems like a whole lot of joy going on to me :) . I usually picture the Pharisees as being the grave ones.lol

There is nothing joy-worthy about rebellion; nor will there be any joy in the retribution for it when God brings it. (For it is time for judgment to begin at His household.)

Jesus did not tell the five apostate churches in Asia province that He rebuked to rejoice; He told them to repent---or else. Because He loved them, and didn't want them to incur the grave consequences of their disobedience.

Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you. (James 4:8-10 ESV)

For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret... (2 Corinthians 7:10 ESV)

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sheesh, Joy is not allowed, I'll tell her.

BTW, I thought the thread was about worship...not judgment.

Deliberately disobeying the Lord's commands for worship (like deliberately disobeying His commands for other things) is rebellion. Rebellion, if not repented of, brings judgment.

(There is nothing humorous or light about this subject at all. Do you think God is laughing about it? How terribly inappropriate. Sober up.)