• Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, IvyLynn said:

Because they got kicked out

they were shunned 

possibly in their home towns

it was probably horrible for them

Actually they REJOICED AND WERE EXCEEDINGLY GLAD !   Salvation from death and destruction IS GOOD ! 

And Jesus says LEAP FOR JOY when they persecute you and even when they seek your life, 

FOR THUS they also treated all the prophets of old  (EVEN JESUS was treated this way- rejected by HIS OWN PEOPLE, AND CRUCIFIED ! )

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, simplejeff said:

Actually they REJOICED AND WERE EXCEEDINGLY GLAD !   Salvation from death and destruction IS GOOD ! 

And Jesus says LEAP FOR JOY when they persecute you and even when they seek your life, 

FOR THUS they also treated all the prophets of old  (EVEN JESUS was treated this way- rejected by HIS OWN PEOPLE, AND CRUCIFIED ! )

I totally agree 

but the finger pointers don't like questions 

but JC has kept me safe for 38 yrs so far

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12

7 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

Granted a blessing they found JC

but sad and difficult to be shunned 

i deal with shunning where I live 

because i question 

Read in the NT and in Foxes Book of Martyrs** how much the martyrs REJOICED !  with great JOY !  when they were persecuted and tortured and imprisoned and executed for the faith in JESUS !   The true examples are a very good testimony of the TRUTH of God's Word and God's Promise of peace, joy and righteousness

that no one on earth can understand nor can they take away from the born again ones ,  no,  never can they take it away from the ekklesia, as long as the ekklesia endure to the end. (yes,  there is grief and sorrow - Jesus Himself suffered and is acquainted with great sorrow and grief;  but for the JOY SET BEFORE HIM, HE endured all joyfully to the end (while suffering more horribly such sorrow and grief for those around Him,  and physically in His body such tortures and no one can appreciate ) ....

For the kingdom of God is Righteousness, Peace and Joy (all through the NT in all the ekklesia, DAILY) ,   not meat nor drink (not physical stuff) ....

**Foxes Book of Martyrs is very encouraging testimony of true saints, persecuted often to death, forced to watch as their loved ones and brethren also were murdered in front of their eyes by rome..... (over many centuries) ...

It can be read for free here:  (on this Worthy site) >>>

http://www.worthychristianlibrary.com/foxes-book-of-martyrs-by-john-foxe/

Worthy Christian Library » Foxe’s Book of Martyrs by John Foxe

Foxe’s Book of Martyrs by John Foxe

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 – History of Christian Martyrs to the First General Persecutions under Nero

Chapter 2, Part 1 – The Ten Primitive Persecutions

Chapter 2, Part 2 – The Tenth Persecution, Under Diocletian, A.D. 303

Chapter 3 – Persecutions of the Christians in Persia

Chapter 4 – Papal Persecutions

over 22 chapters listed in the library, free to read,  no sign up or sign in needed.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12

3 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

I totally agree 

but the finger pointers don't like questions 

but JC has kept me safe for 38 yrs so far

Amen. It has been that way (continuously)  on forums like this, and in churches mixed with the world,  for all the years, for all our lives,  for many generations.     < shrugs >  we cannot change them.    Only continue by true and simple faith in Jesus,  sustained not by our strength, but BY HIS STRENGTH and GRACE,  no matter what happens.

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Read in the NT and in Foxes Book of Martyrs how much the martyrs REJOICED !  with great JOY !  when they were persecuted and tortured and imprisoned and executed for the faith in JESUS !   The true examples are a very good testimony of the TRUTH of God's Word and God's Promise of peace, joy and righteousness

that no one on earth can understand nor can they take away from the born again ones ,  no,  never can they take it away from the ekklesia, as long as the ekklesia endure to the end. (yes,  there is grief and sorrow - Jesus Himself suffered and is acquainted with great sorrow and grief;  but for the JOY SET BEFORE HIM, HE endured all joyfully to the end (while suffering more horribly such sorrow and grief for those around Him,  and physically in His body such tortures and no one can appreciate ) ....

For the kingdom of God is Righteousness, Peace and Joy (all through the NT in all the ekklesia, DAILY) ,   not meat nor drink (not physical stuff) ....

This knowledge is all that keeps me going 

• Praying! 1

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Amen. It has been that way (continuously)  on forums like this, and in churches mixed with the world,  for all the years, for all our lives,  for many generations.     < shrugs >  we cannot change them.    Only continue by true and simple faith in Jesus,  sustained not by our strength, but BY HIS STRENGTH and GRACE,  no matter what happens.

110% agreed 

most of my church members don't care for me

thats ok

i pray for them to have love and kindness in their hearts 

they haven't met me at the door telling me to go elsewhere yet

so all we can do is pray for understanding hearts and minds

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Show me scripture that proves the highlighted statement you made above is actually true.  I know SDA's go around using this time-worn chestnut over and over again but it presents a problem because you have no scripture anywhere in the Old Testament, pre-Exodus that commands anyone to observe the Sabbath.  We do have, however, clear scripture that God did not establish Mosaic covenants with anyone until the Exodus.  Even then, these covenants were only established with the Jews.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3 Moses summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them.
2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb.  3 It was not with our fathers that the LORD made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today.

People have to re-work Luke 23:43 to accommodate a doctrine that a denomination teaches which has no biblical means of support.  In this case, they mess with this verse to alleviate the problem of holding on to the bogus concept of soul sleep.  SDA's teach soul sleep, so Luke 23:43 has to be re-worked to make that teaching viable.  The entire comma issue is a non-starter.  Luke 23:43 does support the SDA concept of soul sleep.

I will ask you the same question I have asked others here:  How can you serve Christ, and be a member of the SDA church at the same time?  How can you have any moral credibility at all to go around advocating Sabbath-keeping when your church-supported hospitals routinely perform elective abortions?

Well I just researched the word Sabbath and referred to the basic calendar 

What day the week begins with and what day did JC rest

it supports itself 

• Praise God! 1

And we are all sinners

that why Jc died

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, IvyLynn said:

To help establish the meaning of Jesus’ statement on the cross, we acknowledge the importance of con­sidering the overall biblical teaching concerning the time when the saved will receive their reward in Paradise. By “Paradise,” there should be no ques­tion that Jesus meant heaven (2 Cor. 12:2–4) .....................He never tries to comfort the living by saying that the deceased are already with Jesus in heaven. On the contrary, he attempts to bring peace to their hearts by reminding them of the resurrection (1 Thess. 4:13– 18; cf. 2 Cor. 1:8–10Phil. 3:8–11),19 and that only when Jesus comes again both the resurrected righteous and righteous living will be caught up together to meet Him in the air, and so they will be with Him forever (see 1 Thess. 4:17).

Sister, I realize that your quoting Wilson Paroschi -the SDA minister - here and in your OP, but do you have any ideas of your own to consider.  Nothing wrong with quoting people, just please list your sources so others can read for themselves.

What do YOU think of why all Bibles - no matter from what earliest of texts, some used to found the KJV and some used to found more modern translations - all have the comma or the semi-colon?

I'm not saying one way or another, but I'd like to know what you think about all early texts insinuating somehow that there was a pause of some kind.