• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Jayne said:

Sister, I realize that your quoting Wilson Paroschi -the SDA minister - here and in your OP, but do you have any ideas of your own to consider.  Nothing wrong with quoting people, just please list your sources so others can read for themselves.

What do YOU think of why all Bibles - no matter from what earliest of texts, some used to found the KJV and some used to found more modern translations - all have the comma or the semi-colon?

I'm not saying one way or another, but I'd like to know what you think about all early texts insinuating somehow that there was a pause of some kind.

Did you have to google that?

praise god if you did, knowledge is the key to the truth

Just now, IvyLynn said:

This is the only way I found out what truth was

bless you my sister 

The early texts and bibles were the key to truth

i personally own some of the oldest

Just now, IvyLynn said:

The early texts and bibles were the key to truth

i personally own some of the oldest

And yes I can translate and speak other languages 

most of my life as been spent researching 

1 minute ago, IvyLynn said:

And yes I can translate and speak other languages 

most of my life as been spent researching 

I actually found truth when I lived in Mexico 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, IvyLynn said:

I always google responses from people that appear to be copied and pasted so that I can read the whole thing for myself and to see who is saying and why .....  I thought is was implied that I Googled the first few lines.  I'm sorry if you thought I just "knew" that.

I just wondered if you had any ideas why all the translations from all the earliest of sources have the comma.  I wasn't wanting an arguement, just a discussion.  I, myself don't know, because I don't read Greek nor Hebrew and just wondered if you had any ideas.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Sister, I realize that your quoting Wilson Paroschi -the SDA minister - here and in your OP, but do you have any ideas of your own to consider.  Nothing wrong with quoting people, just please list your sources so others can read for themselves.

What do YOU think of why all Bibles - no matter from what earliest of texts, some used to found the KJV and some used to found more modern translations - all have the comma or the semi-colon?

I'm not saying one way or another, but I'd like to know what you think about all early texts insinuating somehow that there was a pause of some kind.

Actually, long long ago,  (just in my lifetime),  when YHVH first called me to Himself through Jesus,  and I read and read and read through and through and through Scripture,  seeking from Him understanding as He pleased, as He grants to His chosen ones,  as written throughout OT and NT (for all understanding rests with Him,  just as also the meaning of dreams does) ,

without ever thinking about the comma,  without having anyone say one way or another way concerning this (as far as I know and remember),

I disregarded the false notion from the greek myths that the thief on the cross would be in paradise the same day he died, (also,  since that very concept is from greek (or other) myths that became known to me later , by God's Grace without seeking the myths) , 

so with or without the comma,  (and since the original had no commas at all, most likely, as agreed without contention I think),

there is no harmony with God's Word , no matter where the comma is,  if people think the thief went to heaven when tradition (in error) says it happened.   Oh  , yes,  that's another good indicator ---- when man's tradition says something,  it is usually wrong;  and when man's tradition says something that is not in line with all of God's Word and Plan,  then it certainly is a wrong tradition.

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I always google responses from people that appear to be copied and pasted so that I can read the whole thing for myself and to see who is saying and why .....  I thought is was implied that I Googled the first few lines.  I'm sorry if you thought I just "knew" that.

I just wondered if you had any ideas why all the translations from all the earliest of sources have the comma.  I wasn't wanting an arguement, just a discussion.  I, myself don't know, because I don't read Greek nor Hebrew and just wondered if you had any ideas.

That's why I copy and paste

hoping someone seeks further and deeper

and this forum is not as user friendly as I would prefer

no worries 

i don't get insulted, but I appreciate your kind heart 

im feeding my horses, I will respond to the ?? After Im done

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Hark!  What's that I hear ?   In the distance ?

hee hee hee hee hee......

(horse whinnying happily :) )

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Actually, long long ago,  (just in my lifetime),  when YHVH first called me to Himself through Jesus,  and I read and read and read through and through and through Scripture,  seeking from Him understanding as He pleased, as He grants to His chosen ones,  as written throughout OT and NT (for all understanding rests with Him,  just as also the meaning of dreams does) ,

without ever thinking about the comma,  without having anyone say one way or another way concerning this (as far as I know and remember),

I disregarded the false notion from the greek myths that the thief on the cross would be in paradise the same day he died, (also,  since that very concept is from greek (or other) myths that became known to me later , by God's Grace without seeking the myths) , 

so with or without the comma,  (and since the original had no commas at all, most likely, as agreed without contention I think),

there is no harmony with God's Word , no matter where the comma is,  if people think the thief went to heaven when tradition (in error) says it happened.   Oh  , yes,  that's another good indicator ---- when man's tradition says something,  it is usually wrong;  and when man's tradition says something that is not in line with all of God's Word and Plan,  then it certainly is a wrong tradition.

The whole comma thing was never a big deal to me personally. I have done research (extensive same as yourself) to help me with my own personal journey. 

Time and time again it didn't add up, the Holy Spirit has helped me. I'm different and frowned upon by many. It's kinda like a huge puzzle and everyday we are getting closer to the grand masterpiece completed. I may not agree with all the SDA claims or practice, but I'm a firm believer that JC died for us and man has confused everything