DOES GOD WANT CHRISTIANS TO FEAR HIM?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,245
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

I believe it is healthy to have a certain kind of fear of the Lord in that without Him we are lost and in darkness.

The fear of being lost and in darkness without the presence of God is what we should fear as it is a reality for anyone rejecting Gods plan of Mercy and Grace.

I John ch1 says that God is Light, He is Love and no darkness is found in Him.

1 John 1

What Was Heard, Seen, and Touched

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your[a] joy may be full.

Fellowship with Him and One Another

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

So we must prepare ourselves, our souls to be cleansed by Him and made light. Our sins make us dark and we need God to clean us up and make us light so to be joined with Him.

The blood of Gods only begotten son Christ Jesus was shed to wash away our sins, to cleanse us of our unrighteousness so that we become acceptable to be united with God.

The real fear is to not be united with God.

to NOT be united with God is true darkness and something to greatly fear as it is a reality for all those who reject God and Him desiring a relationship with us.

God is also LAW a fixed LAW and is eternal and does NOT change.

He has shown us His laws, His plan of Mercy and Grace to come into His fold.

If we decide to reject Him, we ultimately seal our fate, not because God is bad, but because God is a fixed Law and His Law does not change to please us, we have to conform to Him and His Law to unite back with Him.

Matthew 5:17-20

Christ Fulfills the Law

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 9:10

10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

When a person comes to realize/understand what the absence of God is all about, they begin to understand more and more of His plan Mercy and Grace and desire to seek it , live by it and live in it  always forever and ever.

we should truly fear not living in it (in the presence of God our father, our creator), as being in the absence of God is True darkness.

Edited by 1to3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

I believe it is healthy to have a certain kind of fear of the Lord in that without Him we are lost and in darkness.

The fear if being lost and in darkness without the presence of God is what we should fear as it is a reality for anyone rejecting Gods plan of Mercy and Grace.

I John ch1 says that God is Light, He is Love and no darkness is founding Him.

1 John 1

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your[a] joy may be full.

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

So we must prepare ourselves, our souls to be cleansed by Him and made light. Our sins make us dark and we need God to clean us up and make us light so to be joined with Him.

The blood of Gods only begotten son Christ Jesus was shed to wash away our sins, to cleanse us of our unrighteousness so that we become acceptable to be united with God.

to NOT be united with God is true darkness and something to greatly fear as it is a reality for all those who reject God and Him desiring a relationship with us.

If we decide to reject Him, we ultimately seal our faith, not because god is bad, but because God is a fixed Law and his Law does not change to please us, we have to conform to Him and His Law to unite back with Him

Christ Fulfills the Law

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

When a person comes to realize/understand what the absence of God is all about, they begin to understand more and more of His plan Mercy and Grace

Now that was a good point made.   God is like his own law.  He cant be anything contrary to what He IS.   and He is HIS WORD.

Every word .   And He cant deny Himself.    God being perfect ,  knows also EVERYTHING .   He knows that all He has said will come to pass

including death on all who are not righteous.   Therfore God being love as well,  SENT the SON so that in HIM we are made the righteousness of GOD

and we escape the judgment , the wrath of GOD.  

Being born again , though,   is not the same as saying JESUS is LORD but living in darkness

ITS truly being born anew by SPIRIT whereby we are cleansed , whereby we do have NEW DESIRES and those are all set above on HIM.

those will confess HIM BY MOUTH AND LIVE BY HIM BY HEART .   a whole new creature they are .   and all the while SINCE still in our bodies

is evil, then their is a daily choice as well.   WE BETTER HEED the SPIRIT and FOLLOW the SPIRIT to the end or at our end it wont bode well.

Since evil will be present with us so long as we in these earthen mortal bodies,   KNOW that IF we have the SPIRIT

we have POWER over the evil and can and do overcome the evil, through faith n Christ .   and let us have faith

and faith BELIEVES WHAT JESUS SAID.   and HE SAID i shall make you free.  The blood of CHRIST does what the law itself could not do

MEANING due to our flesh we FAIL that law. ouir flesh is weak.   BUT NOT THE SPIRIT , if we follow the SPIRIT we would not fullfill

the wicked desires of the flesh.    IF one errs , its why IF WE TRULY LOVE and LOVED THEM , we too would do all to warn them to repent

have them converted , for charitiy,  LOVE does cover a mulititude of sins .    REAL LOVE desires the death of none but rather they repent .

SO the next time anyone comes reminding us about the goodness and severity of GOD ,   let that one just speak.   

For i have noticed strong reminders keep us sharp, real sound doctrine keeps us sharp.   So lets WARNABROTHER .   be blessed .

remind them of both the goodness of GOD and the severity of GOD.    FOR EVERY WORD HE SPOKE is only for our good and unto

HIS GLORY when by The spirit we obey Him.    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,245
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

18 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

The fear of being lost and in darkness without the presence of God is what we should fear as it is a reality for anyone rejecting Gods plan of Mercy and Grace.

I John ch1 says that God is Light, He is Love and no darkness is found in Him.

1 John 1

If we decide to reject Him, we ultimately seal our fate, not because God is bad, but because God is a fixed Law and His Law does not change to please us, we have to conform to Him and His Law to unite back with Him.

Christ Fulfills the Law

When a person comes to realize/understand what the absence of God is all about, they begin to understand more and more of His plan Mercy and Grace and desire to seek it , live by it and live in it  always forever and ever.

we should truly fear not living in it (in the presence of God our father, our creator), as being in the absence of God is True darkness.

Amen!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, secretopossumcabal said:

I'd say the King James Version is more accurate as to not confuse people: 

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:18 is clearly speaking of a different kind of fear, not the parent-child bond that God has with us (where torment has no place). God shouldn't inflict us with a predatory kind of fear, which 1 John 4:18 for it has torment. 

Children who really love their parents would not feel that kind of tormenting fear inside of their parents love, but they do fear separation, disappointment that comes from not being an obedient child. The child would not be tormented by their parents love if they truly loved each other, as the bond drives out the tormenting fear that 1 John 4:18 describes.

But it not-so-very clearly means something else as then it would be contradiction, and Jesus Christ said that he did NOT come to do away with the old law but to fulfill it. Just one of those intricacies that shows the limits of human languages, as one would need two different words describing two different kinds of fear to not get confused here.

The tormenting guilt and fear of knowing that one is sinning (willfully sinning), and that one does not have a good conscience toward God on account of something that one is doing, is the kind of fear that 1 John 18 is referring to: Knowing that one is doing something wrong, but not being penitent about it (not having the godly sorrow that leads to repentance). It is the kind of fear a child has when he or she is doing something their parent has told them not to do---or that of a person who is knowingly breaking the law: Fear of deserved punishment.

Christians can have this kind of fear if they choose to do something they know God does not want them to do; and they should. The right response to that tormenting fear would be for them to repent of whatever it is they are doing, to avoid the potential consequences of persisting in it. (1 John 1:9)

But Christians do not always choose to do this. Sometimes, they persist in doing what they want to do, even though they know what God says about it, and what He wants of them. And if this is the attitude they have, and what they are choosing to do, then they should rightfully have that kind of tormenting fear, which is their guilty conscience's and God's way of letting them know that He is not pleased and that all is not well between Him and them---that the Christian needs to repent of whatever it is that he or she is doing. (1 John 3:19-22) 

If a Christian ignores this, God will use other, more severe means of correcting him or her (discipline of some kind). And if they still refuse to obey Him, they put themselves at risk of even forfeiting their salvation---the very worst punishment. 

This serious warning is written to true Christians:

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge His people." It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:26-31 ESV)

(That "fear" is a whole lot more than respect.)

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

28 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

, due to an oversided image of a GOD that wont punish sin or the lack of doctrinal teaching

This is like saying: I can go to the streets and do everything that is against the law and nothing will happen.

The truth is that there are laws, and authorities will apply the law and its righteousness.

29 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yet today their is no fear of sin

People are just being deceived... We all know sin is wrong and God does not like it, but Satan is just deceiving and saying that God will not judge them according to their works.

That is when faith, and I say working faith in Christ comes... It is through our faith in Him that we will be declared righteous and not be punished. But some people still insist in despising this and not hear His words, which are important and all who believe in Him will do what He asks.

"Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?" - James 2:21-25

"And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness." - Genesis 15:6

Do not be stubborn, people. Hear the Lord, do what He asks, and have life. That is faith in Christ!

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Praise God! 2

6 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

The tormenting guilt and fear of knowing that one is sinning (willfully sinning), and that one does not have a good conscience toward God on account of something that one is doing, is the kind of fear that 1 John 18 is referring to: Knowing that one is doing something wrong, but not being penitent about it (not having the godly sorrow that leads to repentance). It is the kind of fear a child has when he or she is doing something their parent has told them not to do---or that of a person who is knowingly breaking the law: Fear of deserved punishment.

Christians can have this kind of fear if they choose to do something they know God does not want them to do; and they should. The right response to that tormenting fear would be for them to repent of whatever it is they are doing, to avoid the potential consequences of persisting in it. (1 John 1:9)

But Christians do not always choose to do this. Sometimes, they persist in doing what they want to do, even though they know what God says about it, and what He wants of them. And if this is the attitude they have, and what they are choosing to do, then they should rightfully have that kind of tormenting fear, which is their guilty conscience's and God's way of letting them know that He is not pleased and that all is not well between Him and them---that the Christian needs to repent of whatever it is that he or she is doing. (1 John 3:19-22) 

If a Christian ignores this, God will use other, more severe means of correcting him or her (discipline of some kind). And if they still refuse to obey Him, they put themselves at risk of even forfeiting their salvation---the very worst punishment. 

This serious warning is written to true Christians:

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge His people." It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:26-31 ESV)

(That "fear" is a whole lot more than respect.)

and sadly often that tormenting fear  , for the sin they are in,   if they remain in it without repentance

i have noticed a delusion sent a false peace under a false IMAGE OF GOD.  the GOD that loves you as are , the GOD that don't punish.

I watched a man sadly go through this .  HE had fear and torment .  He was sinning and even when warned how that wars against the soul

he would not listen .     Some time later he had this peace ,   but his peace was in a GOD that has even muslims as saved,   hindus as saved.

THAT IS SO SCARY .  He now believes that .   He would not put down his sin no matter what , and now that sin is EVEN OKAY in his eyes.   THAT IS SO SCARY.

SO SCARY for that one .  cause now they sin willfully and THINK they saved .     We better all start afresh and anew

and don't let those preachers tell ya sin is no big deal.   or even worse that some sins are no longer even seen as sin.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

and sadly often that tormenting fear  , for the sin they are in,   if they remain in it without repentance

i have noticed a delusion sent a false peace under a false IMAGE OF GOD.  the GOD that loves you as are , the GOD that don't punish.

I watched a man sadly go through this .  HE had fear and torment .  He was sinning and even when warned how that wars against the soul

he would not listen .     Some time later he had this peace ,   but his peace was in a GOD that has even muslims as saved,   hindus as saved.

THAT IS SO SCARY .  He now believes that .   He would not put down his sin no matter what , and now that sin is EVEN OKAY in his eyes.   THAT IS SO SCARY.

SO SCARY for that one .  cause now they sin willfully and THINK they saved .     We better all start afresh and anew

and don't let those preachers tell ya sin is no big deal.   or even worse that some sins are no longer even seen as sin.

So many act like we can go on in sin and its no big deal.

But read the above statement .     AND THEN REMEMBER these words..............NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE ,  LEST a WORSE THING COME UPON YOU.

i can think of nothing worse than believing a lie and feeling saved.    For goodness sake we got to take the GOD of that bible serious.

Most don't realize................and it has been said,   THAT those who reject the truth , but chose to have pleasure in UNRIGHTEONESS

GOD WILL SEND A STRONG DELUSION TO THOSE and why,  SO THAT THEY DO BELEIVE THE LIE and are DAMNED.

GOD desires obedience.    AND HE AINT one god among many, talk about deception,  but soon many will believe that lie

as they are led to the worship of the beast and will be damned .    WE better HEED that HOLY SPIRIT

FOR if we have HIS SPIRIT then its HOLY and it tells us and gives us the unctions to do which are pleasing IN HIS SIGHT.   not what man thinks is well pleasing

BUT WHAT GOD DOES .   My advice ,  its not too late for anyone THUS DONT LET IT BE.   REPENT asap and start afresh and go after HIM WITH ALL THE HEART

and let us learn of HIM and encourage others to do likewise , or too late it will one day be , and since no man knows his last day on earth

REPENT NOW ,  stop with the resistance ,  and JUST FOLLOW THE LAMB.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

1 hour ago, secretopossumcabal said:

and Jesus Christ said that he did NOT come to do away with the old law but to fulfill it.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 14

The entire law is summed up in a single command love your neighbor as yourself.

1 Timothy chapter 1 verse7, 8
They want to be teachers of the law but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
Galatians chapter 3 verses 24,25,23
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Galatians chapter 5 verse 14

The entire law is summed up in a single command love your neighbor as yourself.

1 Timothy chapter 1 verse7, 8
They want to be teachers of the law but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
Galatians chapter 3 verses 24,25,23
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed

What is the greatest commandment of all,   TO LOVE THE LORD thy GOD with all your heart , mind and soul

and the second is like unto it you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

and love don't say that sin don't harm.    Like you did YESTERDAY.  bud if you preached the right version of love

i would be putting praise Gods on your posts.   cause i know we are to love our neighbor as ourself.   but you bring so much

twisted things out to the surface it shows your version of love may know the words to love your neighbor , but its as the world sees love .

Is not the scrips you quoate i have the problem with ,   its how you use this scrips and then say some of the things you have said

DID you even hear what the original poster said,  or do you think HE , or me are wrong .   You seem to always bring this

and yeah it was scary the other day when i heard what you said about sin.    Don't sound anything Like HOW JESUS or the apostels saw it .

You said i should imitate Christ .  OKAY ,  Go and sin no more lest a WORSE THING come upon you.    We need to read WHAT HE SAID n all cases

in them gosples.  WE need to read revelations and see HOW GOD approached the church about error

WE NEED to not cherry pick and read the letters as a whole of what the apostels said about sin and error and how they warned.

instead of just saying GOD is love  < WE SHOULD LIVE THAT LOVE and not what we think is love

BUT GODS LOVE   .   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What is the greatest commandment of all,   TO LOVE THE LORD thy GOD with all your heart , mind and soul

and the second is like unto it you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

These verses show you how to do both.

Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.