IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things,27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

(Leviticus 18:23-29)

• This is Worthy 1

Leviticus 19:1-2 New International Version (NIV)

Various Laws

19 The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.

This Leviticus law is later referred to and confirmed as an ongoing command/instruction in the New Testament-

1 Peter 1: 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 

15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;

16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 

• Praise God! 1

“‘Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God.

(Leviticus 19:3)

As Mother's Day approaches (the first one for me with my mom no longer here on this earth) this scripture takes on even deeper meaning for me. I revere her memory and love how the NT reiterates what Leviticus 19 said:

Ephesians 6:2-3 “Honor your father and mother” which is the first commandment with a promise “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

54 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things,27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

(Leviticus 18:23-29)

Thus the true saints too would say , KEEP thyself unspotted from the world .     Be not partakers of other mens sins, rather REPROVE THEM  .   Never accepting sin for an all inclusive cause as more and more teach and do today ,  or for any cause .    But that is todays message ,  and its why I stand firm against it .   Folks need CHRIST and they need the ONE of the BIBLE .    Thus onward

my friends and swidl and sound out praises to the LORD . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

“‘Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God.

(Leviticus 19:3)

As Mother's Day approaches (the first one for me with my mom no longer here on this earth) this scripture takes on even deeper meaning for me. I revere her memory and love how the NT reiterates what Leviticus 19 said:

Ephesians 6:2-3 “Honor your father and mother” which is the first commandment with a promise “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

That's right dear swidl,   we love our mama .   She is at rest now .    Swidl you knew mama longer than I did,  but I was joyed to hear about her from you while she still dwelt on earth .

When time is done ,  mama gonna find she had more children than she realized .     You are loved dear swidl .   

• Loved it! 1

“‘Do not turn to idols or make metal gods for yourselves. I am the Lord your God."

(Leviticus 19:4)

This hearkens back to what we read about in Exodus...

Exodus 20:23
"Do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gold to be worshiped in addition to me."

Exodus 32:4
"Then Aaron took the gold, melted it down, and molded it into the shape of a calf. When the people saw it, they exclaimed, “O Israel, these are the gods who brought you out of the land of Egypt!” 

Exodus 34:17
Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

• Loved it! 1

“‘When you sacrifice a fellowship offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf. It shall be eaten on the day you sacrifice it or on the next day; anything left over until the third day must be burned up.  If any of it is eaten on the third day, it is impure and will not be accepted. Whoever eats it will be held responsible because they have desecrated what is holy to the Lord; they must be cut off from their people."

(Leviticus 19:5-8)

• Praise God! 1

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God."

(Leviticus 19:9-10)

This touched me the first time I read it and it still does. :)It shows how our Lord cares about the 'down and out'...those struggling to survive. He has a tender heart. :emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 1

11 “‘Do not steal.

“‘Do not lie.

“‘Do not deceive one another.

12 “‘Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

(Leviticus 19:11-12)

Edited by turtletwo
  • Praise God! 1

13“‘Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight.

14 “‘Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord.

15 “‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

(Leviticus 19:13-15)

These passages deal with things such as committing petty frauds, or not scrupling to violate truth in transactions of business, ridiculing bodily infirmities, or circulating stories to the prejudice of others. In opposition to these bad habits, a spirit of humanity and brotherly kindness is strongly enforced.

• Praise God! 1