IGNORED

Why Christians Don’t (and Won’t) Support Gun Control

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

There is lots gone wrong for sure, but  "See nothing , say nothing". Really?

What he is saying is stop making the killers into celebrities after they commit mass murder.  Stop making them famous for a week on cable news.  The news sites need to be more disciplined in how they cover these stories.   They give these killers immortality and that is incentive for copy cats to follow suit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just now, shiloh357 said:

They have no limitations placed on them as it regards the discharge of their sworn duties in the FBI.   It is gross incompetence that lets these killers slip through.

We are talking about the FBI, not everyone else.

Of course they have limitations. From authority to act  to budget constraints. It is intolerable for citizens to be told see something say something and then no one respond, if that  is what has happened, and it seems it is what happened. But why, why did no one respond? Indifference, procedural error, policy constraints? Something needs to change immediately, but what? Can't just say off the cuff they are incompetent, that doesn't target a correction.

Perhaps the whole idea of going to authorities is  a poor idea, maybe one has to go to the local eager beaver News reporter, that Channel 8 on your side  personality as silly as that seems, maybe there is no way to communicate with the FBI or any other large agency.

By the way do any of us sleep at night or are all of you on the otherside of the earth from me?

(I do not sleep much.least not for very long t a stretch. Would be nice I think to sleep regular, without drugging to do it.) But praise God for the sleep I do get and the opportunity to get up and go about my day too.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What he is saying is stop making the killers into celebrities after they commit mass murder.  Stop making them famous for a week on cable news.  The news sites need to be more disciplined in how they cover these stories.   They give these killers immortality and that is incentive for copy cats to follow suit.

Lots of luck with that.

Good grief there have been celebrity murderers made famous since Cain.

In my lifetime my own  earliest remembrance is perhaps Caryl Chessman, or the Boston strangler DeSalvo. Neither of which has tempted me nor anyone I know to up and follow their suit.

Today  there is easy access to weaponry that kills faster and so the counts  are way up over those  one at a time notorious killing binges.

There is need to look anew at what may need to be done to stop it. If it comes down to everyone is required to carry a weapon and be constantly training in it's use, well okay, but lets make a decision on something and try it, because this isn't working out so swell right now.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Of course they have limitations. From authority to act  to budget constraints.

They have legal restrictions, but they are limited in doing their job.   No one is holding the FBI back from doing their job.  To suggest otherwise is just silly and should not be taken seriously.

It is intolerable for citizens to be told see something say something and then no one respond, if that  is what has happened, and it seems it is what happened. But why, why did no one respond? Indifference, procedural error, policy constraints? Something needs to change immediately, but what? Can't just say off the cuff they are incompetent, that doesn't target a correction.

It is incompetence.  They failed to act on multiple lines of evidence and this has happened before.   Incompetence is really the only good explanation and some people need to be fired and made an example of.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Neighbor said:

Lots of luck with that.

Good grief there have been celebrity murderers made famous since Cain.

In my lifetime my own  earliest remembrance is perhaps Caryl Chessman, or the Boston strangler DeSalvo. Neither of which has tempted me nor anyone I know to up and follow their suit.

Today  there is easy access to weaponry that kills faster and so the counts  are way up over those  one at a time notorious killing binges.

There is need to look anew at what may need to be done to stop it. If it comes down to everyone is required to carry a weapon and be constantly training in it's use, well okay, but lets make a decision on something and try it, because this isn't working out so swell right now.

But it is true.  The media makes these people famous and they need to stop.  

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

More like "stop making them famous for killing. Stop giving them a primetime tv spot for shedding innocent blood."

Report the news, but do not turn these individuals into cult icons.

I remember back when OKC bombing took place and the media showed all kinds of pics of bomber and girls were talking about how good looking he was. 

And the Boston Marathon bomber was on the cover of Rolling Stone looking like a rock and roll idol and girls were swooning over him, as well.   Copy cats see stuff like that and it inspires them. 

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But it is true.  The media makes these people famous and they need to stop.  

What parts of the Bible shall we stop printing? All those famous killing parts?

I know what you are trying to urge, and there can be near salaciousness in reports that is unecessary. But there is the greater problem of the internet social media etc. that encourages bad acts. The word of God needs be shouted louder for sure. And there is need to face the day as it is this day. So how do  the killers get stopped today,this very day?

I know of the cameras at the schools now, the security guards, the armed officers, the hidden administrator's shotgun, and the staff hired just to monitor facebook and twitter, and on and on it goes. Yet so far there are terrible acts that happen, and I think often it is because there are limitations put on the good guys that force them to sit back way too long while the bad guy  forments and then acts out his evil.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

What parts of the Bible shall we stop printing? All those famous killing parts?

That is an ignorant and pathetic comparison.   The Bible doesn't glorify mass murder.

I know what you are trying to urge, and there can be salaciousness in reports that is unecessary. But there is the greater problem of the internet social media etc. that encourages bad acts. The word of God needs be shouted louder for sure. And there is need to face the day as it is this day. So how do  the killers get stopped today,this very day?

There is no way to eliminate murder/mass murder.   It will never go away. We can mitigate it, reduce it, but it is part of our reality and we need to hold the perps responsible (assuming they are alive to stand trial).  

You can regulate the crap out of gun ownership, alcohol possession, and any other vice out there, but none of that will eliminate the problems associated with them.   Prohibition was our best lesson in the futility of government over-regulation.

There is always going to be gun violence.    Just like there will always be people who smother someone with a pillow, or plow their car into a crowd of people. 

I know of the cameras at the schools now, the security guards, the armed officers, the hidden administrator's shotgun, and the staff hired just to monitor facebook and twitter, and on and on it goes. Yet so far there are terrible acts that happen, and I think often it is because there are limitations put on the good guys that force them to sit back way too long while the bad guy  forments and then acts out his evil.

Terrible acts only happen in gun free zones because that what these perps want.  They want soft targets.  Cameras won't stop them and the schools with security guards don't have mass killings. 

There are no limitations placed on law enforcement to do their job.  They failed us, pure and simple.   No one is preventing them from going after potential mass killers.  It is incompetence, pure and simple. 

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And there is always the unintended consequence.

I know of one incident where the school administrator  and the police made a tactical  error, thinking a terrorist was on the loose within a school.  They did their best to figure out the situation. Then the administrator okayed the police sending in the dogs, who promptly atacked a teacher who was with some students acting properly, but unknown to the administrator. It was a bad day, very bad. Th efear of someone being attacked can in itself set up scenarios where people do get hurt.

So what to do? It is a hard situation the country and each individual is in today. Prayer first but with much thought and planning and taking a look at some very hard choices in what we  tend to think are our rights.

Life isn't perfect.  They incur friendly fire in the military and things can go wrong.  All in all, having armed guards and some armed teachers is a good thing given our climate, today.   They do this in Israel and they don't have one mass school shooting over there.  Their teachers are not armed, but they have armed guards in their schools and on school outings.