• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, lokp said:

Annette,each day I check the verse on biblegateway and if it is a rhema, I memorize it by spending 3 or so visits till I say it all without looking.then I think it about during day and then anytime odd time forever. weekly or so I dig into Greek and cross-refs of a memory verse

I like the idea lokp of constantly going back to the Word and memorizing it. I love it when a verse stands out. And love how at different times, different verses have stood out.

God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Just read, pray, and trust... By grace, through faith, we learn what we need from Him.

I love the mention of prayer. It seems so simple yet it is so effective. God bless :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 minutes ago, Annette said:

I love the mention of prayer. It seems so simple yet it is so effective.

Yes, it is us humans that like to complicate things, as usual. :laugh:

"And his servants came near and spoke to him, and said,
    “My father, if the prophet had told you to do something great, would you not have done it?
How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Wash, and be clean’?”" - 2 Kings 5:13

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, Annette said:

Hi guys,

For some time now, I have been wondering how different people read and learn God's Word.

Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you.

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

When growing up, we used to learn a different verse every week. I love that my girls learn the same verse at church for the month. By the end of the month, they have said it for four or five weeks and know it well.

I like to sometimes listen to it, in the car on just as I am going about my day.

And other times, I like to journal and write notes or even prayer as I read.

I was wondering what some of you do? It may be nice to get some new ideas.

God bless:)

I like to read straight through and start over.  If I am wanting greater understanding of a book, I will listen to my Bible on cd.  Lets say it is Romans.  I will listen to the whole epistle and back it up when I want to try to really get the meaning of something I am not sure about.  It works even better if you read with it.  Years ago, I wrote notes on everything I was reading as I went through the Bible.  That was helpful.  One of the best things I ever purchased was Alexander Scourby reading the Bible on cd.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, Butero said:

I like to read straight through and start over.  If I am wanting greater understanding of a book, I will listen to my Bible on cd.  Lets say it is Romans.  I will listen to the whole epistle and back it up when I want to try to really get the meaning of something I am not sure about.  It works even better if you read with it.  Years ago, I wrote notes on everything I was reading as I went through the Bible.  That was helpful.  One of the best things I ever purchased was Alexander Scourby reading the Bible on cd.

Hi Butero,

I love listening to the Bible behind read. It amazes me how listening to someone read a passage that I am familiar with can add emphasis to a part of a verse that never stood out to me before and give me something to think about.

How is your book coming along? I was wondering about it just the other day.

Guest Butero
31 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hi Burro,

I love listening to the Bible behind read. It amazes me how listening to someone read a passage that I am familiar with can add emphasis to a part of a verse that never stood out to me before and give me something to think about.

How is your book coming along? I was wondering about it just the other day.

It is mostly done.  I am waiting on this thing from the state called a DBA number before I am in position to make it available.  I do have a couple of things I need to tweak, but I will never get everything exactly like I want.  I am to much the perfectionist, so I will eventually come to the place where I will decide I have got it as good as I can and put it out that way.  Thank you for asking.  

42 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is mostly done.  I am waiting on this thing from the state called a DBA number before I am in position to make it available.  I do have a couple of things I need to tweak, but I will never get everything exactly like I want.  I am to much the perfectionist, so I will eventually come to the place where I will decide I have got it as good as I can and put it out that way.  Thank you for asking.  

Glad that it is coming together. Sorry for misspelling your name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
7 minutes ago, Annette said:

Glad that it is coming together. Sorry for misspelling your name.

My main objective isn't to get a book published, but to lead a reformation.  I plan to make my teachings available for free through internet television and radio.  I plan to use the book to open doors and raise money because I want to expand without debt or begging for money.  We need reformation to return to Biblical order.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Break it down in grammatical issuance, establish the immediate context, then take it through biblical associative context. Once this is done I have the Scripture processed and then through scholarship;  I have invested several thousands of dollars in a digital library whereby I can query word formations as thoughts and glean from all that scholarship... once we have the Word in our heart as the Word is we have effectively placed the everlasting objective source within for The Holy Spirit to guide accordingly... The mind that is set in God's Word is the foundation God intends for the will and emotions of being to rest upon. It is transferable to a completely new environment of sinless perfection without loss

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/6/2018 at 7:58 AM, enoob57 said:

Break it down in grammatical issuance, establish the immediate context, then take it through biblical associative context. Once this is done I have the Scripture processed and then through scholarship;  I have invested several thousands of dollars in a digital library whereby I can query word formations as thoughts and glean from all that scholarship... once we have the Word in our heart as the Word is we have effectively placed the everlasting objective source within for The Holy Spirit to guide accordingly... The mind that is set in God's Word is the foundation God intends for the will and emotions of being to rest upon. It is transferable to a completely new environment of sinless perfection without loss

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this Steven. As I read what you shared, I loved the fact, that for you knowing God's Word is important enough for you, that you have made it an investment in your life.

Most definitely, I agree, we need to have God's Word in our lives. 

God bless :)