IGNORED

Fear the Lord?

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

rom81.JPG

If the text comes from the latest Greek manuscripts (the Alexandrian and Egyptian text), it is still an incomplete lie.  Unless you can show the Textus Receptus didn't include something, what you post in Greek is worthless.  Nice try though.  It may fool some, but not me.  

6 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

δρόμο να διανύσουμε, Yowm!..............:D

If I was trying to create a new Bible for another language other than English, where they don't have a Bible, I would rather take a KJV Bible and use that as the starting point than the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts that are out there today, because what is out there today is an incomplete mess.  This is just another trick of Satan.  Claim you can read Greek or Hebrew so you can understand the originals.  Problem is, they are not the originals.  They are manuscripts that were preserved in caves.  People claim they are the oldest because the actual parchment is older because it was preserved in caves, but the text is not older.  

Obviously Gary Lee, I am not accusing you of doing this.  I am just pointing out what Satan is doing through false teachers.  

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

That part is added by the KJ translators and is not in the majority of manuscripts.

I just looked up Romans 8:1 in the 1599 Geneva Bible, and the verse includes what you falsely said was added by the King James translators.  That proves it was in the original manuscripts.  The KJV Bible didn't come along till 1611.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

If I was trying to create a new Bible for another language other than English, where they don't have a Bible, I would rather take a KJV Bible and use that as the starting point than the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts that are out there today, because what is out there today is an incomplete mess.  This is just another trick of Satan.  Claim you can read Greek or Hebrew so you can understand the originals.  Problem is, they are not the originals.  They are manuscripts that were preserved in caves.  People claim they are the oldest because the actual parchment is older because it was preserved in caves, but the text is not older.  

Obviously Gary Lee, I am not accusing you of doing this.  I am just pointing out what Satan is doing through false teachers.  

I know that, Butero. I have always respected/enjoyed yours and Yowm's posts. As it appeared to become a little strained, thought I'd throw in a little levity. I use most available methods to study God's word.  After a brief period many years ago digging into specific words, original meaning, context, Strong's concordance, Greek and interlinear bible, Holy Spirit, older bible scholars at church,  I never found anything worth merit to change the meaning of God's word as my bible taught, in my old KJV.  The bible is clear enough to understand for me, in English, new or old. To me it's like owning a car, and studying the molecular structure of the engine, the chemical make up of the fuel, the engineering design of the suspension, when all I really need to know, is where to insert the KEY, put it in gear, and USE IT for what it was designed. I have no problem admitting I have changed my views/understanding over the years somewhat, of God's "owners manual" on how to operate my vehicle (my walk). We do need to understand the intricate workings some to keep it running smoothly, but the idea I think, is to put to good use the purpose for it, to use it, put to work what I DO KNOW. As J. Vernon said "Where the rubber meets the road" The content of these discussions on the forum is interesting and can stimulate my thinking of the word. But the actions of the participants/competitors/brothers/etc, is more revealing, as you get to see during the "discussion" how well or not,  they have learned to drive (walk). Knowing Gos's word is very important. Putting it into practice is what I need to know better, WHY I'm on this forum. Psa_119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, (WHY?) that I might not sin against thee.
If anyone is really desiring to know what the bible says about fear, look up ALL the words fear on your concordance (Strong's) or your E Sword bible software  program. You will discover what the word FEAR in the bible actually means. It means FEAR.....................to it's fullest extent!

Ecc 12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Butero said:

I just looked up Romans 8:1 in the 1599 Geneva Bible, and the verse includes what you falsely said was added by the King James translators.  That proves it was in the or9iginal manuscripts.  The KJV Bible didn't come along till 1611.

Yep I got a Geneva too and its their .  My advice to all is trust in the two older versions .

the footnotes specially in todays newer bibles,   is for an agenda.   I am telling us this is the case .

Examine other things these say.    They say certain parts in john , mark were not in the original either .  And both these had said IF ye believe not your damned.

I am telling us they are trying to sabatoge christanity .      Why people trust in these scholars is beside me.

I just wonder what these will do when greek scholars come in and try and omit even more parts .   They doing this for a reason .

I mean are people really going to believe that the two or three major bibles that were first written

that for three hundred years it was not sufficient , till man we finally in these last century or so GOD men who knew GREEK BACK and OH BOY WE FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT .

THIS IS A LIE .  God would not have left so many that had those early bibles in the dark like that .

We had new theologies that came along and thus THE GREEK had to change to prove THE NEW THEOLOGY RIGHT .  THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

and people fall for it .   they falling for it .

Look at the whole of romans .    How often paul said OBEY THE SPIRIT

who you obey is whose servant you are .

then along comes versions that for an artificial comfort changes romans chapter eight verse one .

You know what romans eight one proves.      Those who are walking after the flesh are not HIS .  

IF we are HIS we are walking after the SPIRIT .    Think about that .    It wasn't saying if one sinned once too late.

Though we know we must repent .    ITS saying their is NO CONDMENATION TO THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST WHO FOLLOW THE SPIRIT

THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST ,  DO FOLLOW THE SPIRIT .   We are not led of the flesh , we are led of the Spirit .

Those who are led of the flesh , as we all once were ,  we nor they are of Christ .

People are getting too scared by romans eight one .  ITS not condemning us , IT SHOWS US the simple truth.

I mean everyone has erred since coming .   I truly wish I never had ,  but I have .   I Follow the SPIRIT , 

any time we err its because we heeded the flesh .  BUT if we repent of that and ASAP lest satan get we are on the right path.

ITs when we err we must quickly be corrected.  and we must exhort daily lest any do become hardned through the deceitfulness of sin.

Romans eight one is a GOOD THING that we KNOW THIS .    IT should cause no fear to know that .   Just a comfort to know it .

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Conspiracy alarmists abound on this site I see and by those who cannot read Greek.

You flat out lied twice.  The majority of the manuscripts contained all of Romans 8:1 and the King James translators didn't add it.  The Geneva Bible proves that.  Reading Greek is a smoke screen, and a feeble one at that.  

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You never did explain how you reconcile...

Romans 8:1 KJV
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

with

John 5:24 NASBS
[24] "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5 puts no judgment in the past tense while the additional phrase in Rom 8:1 appears to attach a condition to 'no condemnation' .

The phrase better fits verse 4...

Romans 8:4 KJV
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

ps no need to get all emotional and call people liars. That would be flaming and walking after the flesh.

What I said was that you lied twice.  That is just stating a fact.  Jesus got emotional and excited over the money changers in the temple.  

I don't have to reconcile scriptures to show that what you said about Romans 8:1 was false.  If you want to discuss doctrine in a different thread, start it, let me know what it is about, and we can discuss it.  It has no bearing on this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I suppose I'm missing something here. Is this a discussion about how I can lose my salvation?  Please elaborate. What should I watch out for? Is there some special sins I might commit that I will lose it, if I stumble more than once and walk in the flesh,  even if I don't know which ones?  Sinning once, twice, an hour, a day, a week, or  If so, someone please tell us. Which one is it? Or is it exceeding some limit I'm not aware of? Be specific, and tell me in your own words first, before quoting a dozen scriptures. This is important, right? Can I come back under condemnation, for any reason? What reason?

4 hours ago, Butero said:

I just looked up Romans 8:1 in the 1599 Geneva Bible, and the verse includes what you falsely said was added by the King James translators.  That proves it was in the original manuscripts.  The KJV Bible didn't come along till 1611.

Thank you butero for all your extensive research that confirms exactly what the SPIRIT had told me years ago when I spotted these changes and foonotes.

ALARM ALARM  men in high places are trying to reshape christanity into mans modern theology.

WHY do we REALLY think that in john and mark where it says your condemned if you believe not

or in mark where it says they damned in they believe not .  WHY do we think men would try and say that most versions don't contain this .

TO get our minds more into an acceptance that Not all do have to believe in JESUS to be saved..............AKA  all inclusive has been at work ,  LONGER THAN WE THINK.

they changing things and using these men of belial so called greek scholars to get the job done .  I DONT NEED THEY GREEK,  I GOT THE SPIRIT .