IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Beware of any group, movement, sect, church, denomination, etc, that has its own book in addition to the Bible, or which adds to or takes away from the teachings of the New Testament, or has a "pet" doctrine---some teaching that it exalts and emphasizes above others or to the exclusion of others.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood; and the demons have not given up trying to steal, kill, and destroy sheep by any means possible: If anything they are becoming more intent because the body of Christ has become so feeble, and because the demons know that their time is getting shorter. Their captives and servants come to you with smiles and nice sounding words and plausible arguments, but spiritual discernment and the knowledge of the Bible exposes them for what they really are.

Don't flirt with heretics and apostates, and do not be wooed by them: They do the devil's work, albeit unwittingly. They'll draw you away with one teaching that seems mild or noble enough, (like Sabbath keeping, or keeping the Ten Commandments---as they are given in the Old Testament, rather than as they are amplified by Jesus in the New---or keeping the Passover; but it's a gateway drug which will lead into more---and more serious---heresy. It's like bait for a fish. Once you've taken the bait, they'll slowly work to reel you into their ideology and away from everyone who disagrees with you, and to secure your loyalty to their group, instead of Jesus Christ. And their emphasis will be on obedience to the teachings and practices of the group, for the approval of the group, rather than to the Lord and the teachings of Christianity, to please God and to have His approval.

And unfortunately, given the generally wretched condition of the Church and its lack of spirituality, the spiritually hungry and thirsty whose needs are not being met by the mealy-mouthed, unprincipled, non-denominational "party churches", may seek out "deeper" religion in sects and denominations which are more Scriptural, conservative, and apparently pious. The problem with these groups is that their sound doctrine is laced with other, unScriptural, unspiritual junk, with a religious form. The former and the latter are really just two forms of apostasy---a more worldly form, and a more religious, Pharisaical form, departing from the teachings of the faith in opposite directions.

Knowing your God well is the best way to discern who and what (and who) is not of Him. And if you don't study His word for yourself, and you don't obey Him and faithfully apply the truth that you already know to your life, you're not going to have the discernment you need, or that you may think you have.

And pay attention to the Holy Spirit. If He alerts your spirit that something is not right about what you are hearing, beware.

Evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. (2 Timothy 3:13)

Just a reminder...

• Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. (Galatians 5:19-21)

• They make much of you, but for no good purpose. They want to shut you out, that you may make much of them. (Galatians 4:17)

• If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him: whoever loves God must also love his brother. (1 John 4:20,21)

• The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions. (1 Timothy 1:5-7)

• ...Until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. (Ephesians 4:13,14)

• Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism...puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head...

If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world (speaking to Jewish believers who had been under the law of Moses), why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations---"Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch"...according to human precepts and teachings? These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh. (Colossians 2:16-23 )

• I appeal to you brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Christ." 

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

...For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another "I follow Apollos," are you not being merely human? (1 Corinthians 1:10-13; 3:3,4)

• ...Peter stood up and said to them, "Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us, and He made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

Now therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will." (Acts 15:7-11)

• But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, "If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?" (Galatians 2:11-14)

• ...If you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (Galatians 5:18)

• Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God... (1 John 4:1)

• I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. (Romans 16:17-20)

Amen.

Onward in the Lord .   Lift up those hands and praise the Lord .    To He alone be all glory and honor .  You loved sister .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

...God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV)

...God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him. (Psalm 28:7)

THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S (*Original song)

1. Summon Your power, O LORD our God,

and lead Your soldiers in triumph:

Not to the wise, nor unto the strong,

but to the humble and pure

the battle belongs!

Mercy and grace our wars shall win:

Jesus our Shield, without and within...

The battle is His;

or do you not know?

The Lord your God is with you

wherever you go.

2. Guard us today against the world

and thwart its rulers' devices!

Weak in ourselves, because of the fall,

we who believe in the Lord

are greater than all!

He's able to break the draw of sin,

and to subject our nature to Him:

The battle is His;

or do you not know?

wherever you go.

3. Help us to keep Your word by faith,

that we may give You the glory!

To You, our God---and only to You---

blessing and honor and praise

through Jesus is due.

What can prevail against the LORD?

Counsel of man? Temptation or sword?

The battle is His;

or do you not know?

wherever you go.

(Repeat.)

*The melody can be found by searching for The Battle Is The LORD's (Original song) Lyrics in description on YouTube.

Blessed be the Lord, Who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. (Psalm 68:19)

• Thumbs Up 1

Rejoice in the Lord and may all affections be set above on Him.     Let us be diligent in our walk and let us be encouraged in the Lord.

Let the people rejoice in the Lord and by faith let us walk pleasing unto Him, doing all from the heart with rejoicing to the Lord.

For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened---not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. (2 Corinthians 5:4-10)

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened---not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. (2 Corinthians 5:4-10)

For I am in a strait betwixt too.   to depart and be with Christ which is................wait for it ..................let the drum roll sound........................FAR BETTER

did he say far better.  YEAH HE DID and ITS TRUE IT IS .   However like paul said ,  the will of the LORD be done .   And I got the JOY of HIM even in this life .   PRAISE THE LORD

sister .   rise up , lift those hands and just praise the LORD .    My mind is free , no fear of death and joy even now ,  as I know their will be even greater joy ON HIS DAY.

SING IT SISTER .

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For I am in a strait betwixt too.   to depart and be with Christ which is................wait for it ..................let the drum roll sound........................FAR BETTER

did he say far better.  YEAH HE DID and ITS TRUE IT IS .   However like paul said ,  the will of the LORD be done .   And I got the JOY of HIM even in this life .   PRAISE THE LORD

sister .   rise up , lift those hands and just praise the LORD .    My mind is free , no fear of death and joy even now ,  as I know their will be even greater joy ON HIS DAY.

SING IT SISTER .

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself.

Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. (Philippians 3:20,21; 4:1)

(When it seems as though the present is mostly darkness, weariness and sorrow, fix your thoughts on the future. Joy in the present may be scarce---especially in a time of apostasy, as it was for Jeremiah---but eternity with Jesus will make it all worthwhile. Rest is coming; and the more closely we walk with the Lord, and the more faithfully we do His will in this life, the more welcome the prospect of that rest becomes!)

• Thumbs Up 2

I just learned that Stephen Hawking died. (He knows the truth now.)

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools... (Romans 1:19-22)

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart." 

Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe...

For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. (1 Corinthians 1:19-21,25)

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

I just learned that Stephen Hawking died.

"Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life,
    which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him." - John 6:27

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all." - Ecclesiastes 12:13

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life,
    which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him." - John 6:27

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all." - Ecclesiastes 12:13

The bread which gives life .     Feast peoples .    and praise the Lord .     Learn of Him and seek, knock and ask for the Holy Spirit increase .   Feast on the pages of the bible

and just praise the Lord .    be blessed brother of many letters,  you loved .     Praise the Lord . 

• Praise God! 1