IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Butero said:

You brought the controversy to the thread, when it likely wouldn't have happened.  There are a lot of threads where people post verses from other Bibles.  While that might cause me to ignore the verse or fail to give a thumbs up to an otherwise good post, I don't turn everything into a KJV only debate and wouldn't have here, and I am about as KJV only as they get, outside of those who teach you are going to hell for using new translations.  I stop short of that.  

Anyway, we all need exhortation, so I am willing to leave this disagreement to go  back to what you intended this thread to be about.  

"Rejoice in the Lord always:  and again I say, Rejoice."  Philippians 4:4

Thank you.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

You all praise the Lord peoples  rejoice in Him.     I loves you all and let us continue on and LEARN of HIM.   Onward peoples

through the fields we run with the whole armour of GOD , SPIRITUAL WARFARE ,  no fear of the GIANT all inclusive mindset , 

Just warn out and encourage .   We have a severe Judgment coming , the weapon will scourge the true lambs

but the church shall only be refined in the hour of our trial .    Onward peoples  , onward and praise the Lord .

David had absolutely not a ounce of fear for that massive giant .   IT made davids blood boil when it defied the God of Israel.

And David KNEW   ,  HE KNEW without no doubt that the giant would be the one laying face down at the end of that match.

And why....................look what he told saul,   GOD delivered me out of the hand of a bear , a lion  and so HE will too deliver me out of this .

WHEN our confidence is not one ounce in US , BUT SOLEY IN GOD .    WE have BOLDNESS to say I shall NOT FEAR a thing this world can do to me .

THE LORD is my helper and I shall not fear the all inclusive monster even when it causes all under it to come against us .  NO FEAR .  NONE . 

• Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Most readers, being in the world , or most visitors to the forum anyway, come out of a life of disobedience, or rather still live in a life filled with disobedience,  not obedience to Christ, never having learned what a life saved by grace through faith in Jesus involves according to God's Word.

Thus ,  as with most of the world,  they won't be able to be in harmony... as you put it.... not until (or if and when) they become new creatures in Christ.

Well, everyone has to start somewhere; none of us starts out very spiritual in our thinking, and we benefit from hearing and seeing those who are more mature. 

If you've been in a congregation that teaches and practices compromise, and which imitates the world, and which isn't firmly based and centered on the New Testament's teachings, and no one around you is very spiritually mature or very obedient, so that you think that that is the way all Christians are, and that that is normal and acceptable---and you also don't study the Bible for yourself or apply the teachings of the NT to your life as you learn them---you're not going to be very spiritual, no matter how long you've been saved.

But even if they are infants in their thinking, they can be positively influenced by those who are more mature, and hopefully inspired and encouraged to grow themselves. We should take into consideration where a person is in his or her walk with the Lord and try to help them along as we can---if they desire to move forward, which hopefully they do---by pointing them to God's word and reflecting Jesus, by word and by example. And there's always potential for each of us to learn and grow more still, provided our hearts have not been hardened beyond the point of reach or recovery by stubborn refusal to listen to the Lord and do what He commands and desires us to do. 

Even without human examples around us---having the depraved world on one side and apostate Christians who love the world and aren't much distinguishable from it on the other---we still have God's word to look to for instruction and example, and His Spirit to teach us and guide us in His ways.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Well, everyone has to start somewhere; none of us starts out very spiritual in our thinking, and we benefit from hearing and seeing those who are more mature. 

As written in Ephesians ,  we (Ekklesia, born again ones)  all once were dead in sins and trespasses with all the rest of society/the world/ ,  worldly and carnal,  not knowing anything and not able to know anything spiritual nor able to see heaven.

We Ekklesia born of YHVH by His Will did benefit if we heard by His Grace anyone who heard the Word of YHVH and did it - as Jesus says My Family is whoever hears the word of the Father in heaven and does it.  

But 'the world'/ society does not benefit - except for the elect as called and chosen by YHVH -

because those destined for destruction hear THE SAME MESSAGE about the SAME GOSPEL OF JESUS,  and to them the same message is a stench to death, (like Jesus is to them a stumbling block) instead of an aroma unto life,  because they reject(ed) Jesus and turned not to the Father to be healed.

" 2 Corinthians 2 Study Bible (biblehub)

Triumph in Christ
15For we are to God the sweet aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one, we are an odor of death and demise; to the other, a fragrance that brings life. And who is qualified for such a task? 17For we are not like so many others, who peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as men sent from God.…

44 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You all praise the Lord peoples  rejoice in Him.     I loves you all and let us continue on and LEARN of HIM.   Onward peoples

through the fields we run with the whole armour of GOD , SPIRITUAL WARFARE ,  no fear of the GIANT all inclusive mindset , 

Just warn out and encourage .   We have a severe Judgment coming , the weapon will scourge the true lambs

but the church shall only be refined in the hour of our trial .    Onward peoples  , onward and praise the Lord .

David had absolutely not a ounce of fear for that massive giant .   IT made davids blood boil when it defied the God of Israel.

And David KNEW   ,  HE KNEW without no doubt that the giant would be the one laying face down at the end of that match.

And why....................look what he told saul,   GOD delivered me out of the hand of a bear , a lion  and so HE will too deliver me out of this .

WHEN our confidence is not one ounce in US , BUT SOLEY IN GOD .    WE have BOLDNESS to say I shall NOT FEAR a thing this world can do to me .

THE LORD is my helper and I shall not fear the all inclusive monster even when it causes all under it to come against us .  NO FEAR .  NONE . 

Ah, but David had had experience of God's deliverance with the bear and the lion, so he also had confidence in Him to face Goliath. If you have shrunk back from fighting the little battles with the Lord, and you haven't made a practice of using the whole armor of God, and you don't trust Him in the little things, and so haven't proven Him, and all you have is Scripture you have memorized but have not used, you're about as capable of fighting the ultimate battle using the armor of God as David was of facing the giant in Saul's armor, which he had not tested.

As Jesus said, "Everyone then who hears these words of Mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it." (Matthew 7:24-27)

We have to trust and obey to prove God. Otherwise, all we will have is knowledge and mental acceptance of truths without the experience of them, and our confidence is really in whatever we have trusted in instead of God. By His intention, God's commands require us to trust Him; and if we do, we will see Him act in the way He says He will. Not keeping His commands does not require any trust in Him, for there are plenty of substitutes for God to rely on in this world, so that a Christian need not trust Him much at all if he or she doesn't want to. But the more closely we follow the teachings of the New Testament, the more we will be forced to trust and rely upon God, the practice of which is an immeasurably greater asset than all the substitutes for Him that those who do not have Him rely on.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to take Him at His word;

Just to rest upon His promise;

Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,

How I've proved Him o'er and o'er,

Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!

O for grace to trust Him more.

• Praise God! 1

7 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)
Exhort...Strongly Encourage someone to do something..............(Or NOT do something)

With so many targets, it's hard for some to not pull the trigger................:(

What do you mean by this?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I have a exhortation from a high source.  I will say it's from a highest rank in a church in Italy where the letter P starts his title. 

It's start why oh why are you picking on me Frienduff.  You always say such not nice things about me and my church. Can't you be a nice member as you are. Everyday you pick pick pick on me and my friends. I am so hurt. Just because I am in Peter's seat. You pick on me and say bad man. 

I exhort you to be nice. Stop calling me names. Be a good fellow. If you are mad try counting to a thousand. We can get along my friend.  If you are in the neighborhood come on over and we can chat. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Hey Frienduff of course I am just kidding with you. God bless.

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I have a exhortation from a high source.  I will say it's from a highest rank in a church in Italy where the letter P starts his title. 

It's start why oh why are you picking on me Frienduff.  You always say such not nice things about me and my church. Can't you be a nice member as you are. Everyday you pick pick pick on me and my friends. I am so hurt. Just because I am in Peter's seat. You pick on me and say bad man. 

I exhort you to be nice. Stop calling me names. Be a good fellow. If you are mad try counting to a thousand. We can get along my friend.  If you are in the neighborhood come on over and we can chat. 

Wayne while it grieves my heart for you to say this ,   you proved me right from what I first said to you when we met .

Do you remember.   You denied it then.   But its a slipping big time now .

I said you an agent for rome  or words to that effect .     That pope don't sit in peters chair.   None of them ever have .

And goodness wayen if you cant see the evil and vile that man is doing ,  heck even some catholics are scratching their heads over this pope.

SO long as he preaches evil , and so long as their is breath in my lungs , I warn out against men who serve satan.  and he does .   Now wayne

this don't got to turn mean .   But you need to lay in sackclothe and ash and repent fast , before its too late .   And if I didn't love you,  I would not even have bothered

saying you should repent .   Its not like I enjoy rebuking , I had rather have joy of those who love truth .   But wayne  ,   oh dear if you cant recognize how wicked that system

is and its popes .    You have no true spiritual discernment .   Come on , cease this and lets just serve the LORD .   It aint too late for you wayen

the choice is up to you.   And I do love you,   I do.  But you seriously , seriously needto repent of this .

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Hey Frienduff of course I am just kidding with you. God bless.

Well,  I feel maybe a lil better .    You had me worried huge wayne.   Cut all connections with rome.   let us just focus on JESUS and HIS SAYINGS.

we focus on that ,    then we will grow and bear good fruit.