IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

DISTRACTION, DISTRACTION.  WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS.

(Concerning our conversation with our brothers and sisters in Christ.)

So much can be said about so many things. But what good is it really?  

Is it building up other Christians? Is it helping them to stand firm in their faith and to persevere in their sanctification? Is it encouraging them to do the will of God and to be obedient to Him?

Is what we are passionate and serious about what God is passionate and serious about? Is it beneficial and practical for making us more like Christ and more effective as Christians? 

Are we warning people of the things God is going to do and of which He has made us aware for the benefit of others?

Or is our conversation pointless debate and worthless controversy?

What a waste of time if it is; like two men discussing the properties and uses of water while a thirsty man collapses and dies of dehydration beside them!

And what is the attitude and motive of our heart in our interactions with other Christians? Is it a heart of humble servitude and love, or is it one of selfish ambition, envy, malice, or pride?

What is driving you today? Think about it, because the Lord already knows. He sees our hearts, and nothing is hidden from His sight---nor is anything concealed that will not be brought to light on the day He judges us. 

It's not only what we say, but why we say it, that God considers; and we should too. Because we're going to give an account to Him for it; and we're supposed to be living to please Him.

So before you speak, before you post, before you make a reply---consider Jesus (who is in you, and is watching you, and judging your motives and your attitude), remember God's word and heed the guidance of His Spirit---so as to do what is pleasing to Him, and beneficial to others.

How well we know the Bible matters not if our knowledge isn't making us more like Jesus Christ and helping us to serve Him. Take care that your knowledge isn't merely making you into a puffed up and unfruitful theologian, instead of a fruitful and Christlike saint.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

The ISMs: A list of philosophies, ideologies, practices, principles and qualities that are not a part of Christianity, however they may be in it:

• Asceticism
  • Denominationalism
  • Egotism
  • Favoritism
  • Feminism
  • Hedonism
  • Humanism
  • Materialism
  • Moral Relativism
  • Patriotism
  • Pharisaism
  • Racism (which would include antisemitism)
  • Sectarianism & Tribalism
  • Vegetarianism
  • Zionism

Not to mention the myriad false doctrines and erroneous doctrinal views or positions that abound in Christianity, which are also isms, named after various beliefs, teachings or people...

If you believe that any of the isms listed above (and there are probably more that could be listed) are Christian, I encourage you to revisit the teachings of the New Testament---with a sincere and humble heart---and ask the Lord to show you the truth about it, which He (and only He) is able to do.

Knowledge is spiritual strength, fruitfulness and safety, as deception and ignorance are weakness, unfruitfulness and vulnerability.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

Why even bring it up?

Some people like to bring useless topics as "KJV only" and similar.

What about "Holy Spirit only"?! This is exactly the purpose of this thread, and what is lacking in people nowadays.

"for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,
    but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." - Romans 14:17

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Their is such wonderous beauty in truth.     Our entire existence is due to God.   Our entirely being saved is truly of Him.

So our entire reason for living should be to honor Him in everything we do or say.   To truly be mindful of the Spirit , of the reminder of sound pure holy doctrine .

Of being Holy as He is holy.     Our whole heart should be about serving Him and doing all to point to He alone.    By reminders, encouragements , warnings

just doing all for the welfare of others .   Living by Him and for Him and to Him by the Spirit of Him.

Our interests should sound nothing like the worlds , and our focus and priorities should sound nohthing like the world.

None of that dung ever prospered us and look at this world in all its hopes in carnal pleasures, pleasures in life ,   its lead to the worst state I ever have witnessed .

Due to just empty dead wordly sermons its lulled a multitude to sleep ,  till now the church is practically no different from the world

same divorce rate ,  same sex acceptance ,  same hopes,  same pleasures and all are death.      We should never have strayed from the biblical pattern JESUS taught

and the apostles set in churches .   its led to just death and abominations and festering wounds of sin that ooze all over the place

till worse and worse that even now so many are going under unity at all costs , even the cost of the truth.     Till now in this day and age

we witness trash sermons of sensual feel good,  where and I quoate ,   men are standing IN place of Christ and actually saying things like JESUS said He needs forgivness.

I kid not ,  yowm sent me a video of a man saying JESUS appeared and hugged him , held him ever so tight and had to ask forgivness.     What a sensual love dung pile message.

IS this what the churches are coming too.   Is this what this selling the truth for sensual false love is leading them right to for unity sake .

I want nothing to do with that trash sermons and emotional highs which at every turn preach a JESUS that aint HIM ,  preach a love that Aint from GOD

We in dire danger and a massive falling away to the upmost is at work .     And if we don't take serious and learn the pattern set by Christ first , then the apostels taught it

then we all doomed .   sure they might be a feeling good but sure don't focus on Christ who taught go and sin no more .   BEING GOOD has been sold out for feeling good while being bad .

• This is Worthy 1

And on a personal note I would like to thank yowm for exposing that wicked message for what it is .  

That man in the video actually said JESUS asked for his forgivness.     What a dung pile message.   As though JESUS needs forgiveness from sinful sinfilled men .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

same divorce rate ,  same sex acceptance ,  same hopes,  same pleasures and all are death.

Lack of love... And when there is lack of love iniquity reigns.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Due to just empty dead wordly sermons its lulled a multitude to sleep

Yes, we see many people too worried about material prosperity and they are forgetting the most important: spiritual prosperity.

If they just set their minds on things above, their lives would be so much better. It is just like the Lord Jesus said:

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:33-34

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Yes, we see many people too worried about material prosperity and they are forgetting the most important: spiritual prosperity.

If they just set their minds on things above, their lives would be so much better. It is just like the Lord Jesus said:

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:33-34

Yes .   only they sell it under the banner OF LOVE .   oh its love all right ,  love of inquity . 

Sadly I have never seen words such as love , freedom , liberty , tolerance , unity , peace    All sold under a total wrong image of GOD and thus a total false image of what those

words really are and mean .    Onward in the Lord my friend of many letters and let us strap on with purpose of heart the whole armour of God.

And march onward as ONE BODY , ONE SPIRIT ,  all under ONE GOD .     For the battle is set before us and the enemy has set many snares baited with fleshly pleasures .

But a lamb can wiff from far distance those baits and to it , they stink like the death of dung poison .  they go nowhere near that bait for it stinks to them.

And no matter how well the men who set those traps , who dug those pits and set that bait and sprinkled a lil green grass to try and snag a lamb

NO LAMB of CHRIST is going to fall for that one .    It smells the poison under the grass and stays far from it .    HIS SHEEP , HEAR HIS VOICE

HIS SHEEP no matter how well their song of the men who set the traps is sung , no matter how well they cover the poisoin with green grass

THEY desire not the song they desire not the mix of man.   THEY HEED ONLY THE SHEPARD of their soul .    BLESSED BE the NAME OF THE LORD .   PRAISE HONOR AND GLORY IS DUE HIM.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

"useless" topics to you perhaps

Sister ,    should I send you the video that yowm first sent to me .     

THAT is the enemy, that emotionalism as YOU KNOW IS the enemy.  

We, us ,    we need to by all means keep on sharpening ,  but we need to recognize who the enemy is

and your enemy is not me , its not many letters ,   its not us ,   we too fight against that false unity love sensual message .

Whatever our differences are ,  lets get them ironed out and fast .   Now be encouraged davida.    

If we focus on the pattern in the bible , we will quickly through prayer and discussion be able to iron out any misunderstandings .

"CHRISTIAN" (What's in a name?)

When a man marries Christ by becoming united with Him in spirit, he takes His name, just like a bride takes her husband's name when she marries. 

"Christian" is the only name he needs; it says everything that anyone needs to know about him: "I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and He is my Head".

Now consider that this man, being so married to Christ, takes another man's name---like Luther, or Calvin, or someone else. What does that say about him? That he is an adulterer? How can he call himself a Lutheran when he's married to Jesus Christ? Was Luther crucified for him? Does he follow Jesus' teachings or Luther's? And if Luther was a follower of Christ, how can any Christian be a Lutheran? 

Why would any Christian want to be called by the name of any man other than Jesus Christ? It's blasphemous to my mind.

And it's not just Christians taking the name of another person to identify themselves by that makes my spirit cringe, but taking the name of a teaching, or of a group, in addition to just "Christian", because it is for no righteous or legitimate reason that Christians do this. When a Christian needs or wants to be known by some "extra" name or classification besides just "Christian", it is because he or she has added something to his or her Christianity, which the addition denotes---something he or she is placing greater importance on than God does, or which is a peculiar teaching of a certain group. If this were not the case, "Christian" would suffice, because Christians adhere to the doctrine of the New Testament. Period.

Whatever any man may have taught that agrees with the New Testament's teachings, I agree with, as a Christian. But whatever does not, I do not agree with, as a Christian. If his teaching was Scripturally sound, it's in my Bible. And if it wasn't Scriptural, I don't want or need to know what he taught. I want no extra's or twisted teachings from any man polluting or confusing my Christianity, nor will I ever be devoted to any teacher above the Lord. Where the teacher goes astray, the Christian should go astray from the teacher and stick with Christ---not follow him simply because he is revered. (The teacher is going to have to give an account to Jesus Christ for what he taught, just as those who listen to him will.)

If you have an aversion to simply being called a Christian---a follower of Jesus Christ---or want to be recognized as something "special" or different, there is something amiss in your Christianity. 

From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:16,17)

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. (Galatians 5:5-9)

Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all. (Colossians 3:11)

I appeal to you brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgement. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. (James 3:14-16)

Now the works of the flesh are evident...enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy... (Galatians 5:20,21)

"But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ." (Matthew 23:8-10)

Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God... (Romans 14:10)

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. (Romans 16:17,18)

(All Scripture taken from the ESV.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

12 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

"CHRISTIAN" (What's in a name?)

When a man marries Christ by becoming united with Him in spirit, he takes His name, just like a bride takes her husband's name when she marries. 

"Christian" is the only name he needs; it says everything that anyone needs to know about him: "I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and He is my head".

Now consider that this man, being so married to Christ, takes another man's name---like Luther, or Calvin, or someone else. What does that say about him? That he is an adulterer? How can he call himself a Lutheran when he's married to Jesus Christ? Was Luther crucified for him? Does he follow Jesus' teachings or Luther's? And if Luther was a follower of Christ, how can any Christian be a Lutheran? 

Why would any Christian want to be called by the name of any man other than Jesus Christ? It's blasphemous to my mind.

And it's not just Christians taking the name of another person to identify themselves by that makes my spirit cringe, but taking the name of a teaching, or of a group, in addition to just "Christian", because it is for no righteous or legitimate reason that Christians do this. When a Christian needs or wants to be known by some "extra" name or classification besides just "Christian", it is because he or she has added something to his or her Christianity, which the addition denotes---something he or she is placing greater importance on than God does, or which is a peculiar teaching of a certain group. If this were not the case, "Christian" would suffice, because Christians adhere to the doctrine of the New Testament. Period.

Whatever any man may have taught that agrees with the New Testament's teachings, I agree with, as a Christian. But whatever does not, I do not agree with, as a Christian. If his teaching was Scripturally sound, it's in my Bible. And if it wasn't Scriptural, I don't want or need to know what he taught. I want no extra's or twisted teachings from any man polluting or confusing my Christianity, nor will I ever be devoted to any teacher above the Lord. Where the teacher goes astray, the Christian should go astray from the teacher and stick with Christ---not follow him simply because he is revered. (The teacher is going to have to give an account to Jesus Christ for what he taught, just as those who listen to him will.)

If you have an aversion to simply being called a Christian---a follower of Jesus Christ---or want to be recognized as something "special" or different, there is something amiss in your Christianity. 

From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:16,17)

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. (Galatians 5:5-9)

Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all. (Colossians 3:11)

I appeal to you brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgement. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. (James 3:14-16)

Now the works of the flesh are evident...enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy... (Galatians 5:20,21)

"But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ." (Matthew 23:8-10)

Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God... (Romans 14:10)

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. (Romans 16:17,18)

(All Scripture taken from the ESV.)

For one says I am of appollos  another says Christ another says paul.        And paul made it quite clear ,  ITS all about CHRIST .

men are but vessels used by GOD or by satan .    And even those that are born anew and God uses ,  KNEW and know they are naught ,  GOD , CHRIST IS all and all.

From even early on when I would speak to others and just ask simple questions their response would point to their named group. 

OH  an example.     When asked about the doctrine of Christ their response was , well this is what we AS ,   fill in the blank,  believe.  

When caught off guard , outside the realm of their theology you would be amazed at some responses.    

Heck I asked a few , what makes you think if you died tonight it would be eternal life for you.    You know what  a basic reponse is

Well,   I am this or that ,   I go to church ,  I lived good,  I gave to those in need.      SEE THE PROBLEM YET .

The right answer would have been .    CAUSE JESUS SAVED ME .   we aint saved cause we listen to some preacher and we aint saved cause we lutheran

Baptist , etc and so on , in fact most of those are fallen far from truth as well.

JESUS should be The ONLY one we point to .    ONLY ONE .     hence the name christain all that is needed .  Point ONLY to CHRIST and ONLY TO CHRIST POINT .

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1