IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Something just occurred so clear to me ,   it brought heaviness for many.

It simply don't matter if we are grave ,  or compassionate , or come encouraging praise .   IF we stick to the overall doctrines and patterns JESUS set and the Apostels set and taught.

IT wont matter if one comes singing it and another comes being grave,   they just don't want to hear it or be reminded .    That is so sad .

I mean if we read the WHOLE of the gosples , see JESUS and watch every thing he taught and how he reacted.  Then read the letters as A WHOLE

and look and examine those .  THEN read revealtions , specially the message to the seven churches .    And I seen constant reminders , warnings , gravity

compassion , but the whole of it and the approach towards unbelief or error , or the overall fear of the LORD and Praise to Him .

Just the way they taught ,   IS SO DIFFERENT than the tons of responses I see and hear from so many.    Its like evil men just changed things and worse the people loved and love

to have it so.    I mean ,  goodness when I get seen as a son of perdition by one ,  and far out their for simply reminding to keep JESUS sayings ,   MAN that speaks volumns

of the error that has just filled the place.   I mean since when Did reminding the people to keep JESUS sayings , become seen as at the least erroneous

and at the worst as a son of perdition .    But onward we go my friend of many letters .    Onward in the Lord .

It doesn't matter how the truth is served if people don't have an appetite for it. They might make an issue out of the presentation or the messenger but that's not the real issue. The truth of it is, they just don't like the truth and don't want it. Not wanting Jesus' words and His truth is the very same as not wanting Him. You don't have to reject Jesus with your lips to reject Him with your actions and your heart. And if you're against Christ's words, you are against Christ---which makes you, practically speaking, anti-Christ. And that is the spirit of the times among the majority of Christians now, as it was the spirit of the people of Israel in the time of the prophets.

For they are a rebellious people, lying children,

children unwilling to hear the instruction of the LORD;

who say to the seers, "Do not see,"

and to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us what is right;

speak to us smooth things,

prophesy illusions,

leave the way, turn aside from the path,

let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel." 

(Isaiah 30:9-11)

And we know what God did to them because of this. How then can Christians with this same evil, rebellious spirit be so foolish as to think it will be well with them?

Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your deeds and I will let you dwell in this place.

Do not trust in these deceptive words: 'This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD.'

"For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds...then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever.

"Behold, you trust in deceptive words to no avail. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, and then come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My name, and say, 'We are delivered!'---only to go on doing all these abominations?

...Go now to My place that was in Shiloh, where I made My name dwell at first, and see what I did to it because of the evil of My people Israel. 

And now, because you have done all these things, declares the LORD, and when I spoke to you persistently you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer, therefore I will do to the house that is called by My name, and in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your fathers, as I did to Shiloh. 

And I will cast you out of My sight..."

(Jeremiah 7:3-10, 12-15)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Your going by reason. I am going by 1 John. Men can fall to sin that's why Paul wrote take need lest you fall. But they will repent if they are born again. Simple theology. 

I very much wish that were true, but unfortunately it is not. That 'simple theology' does not agree with the Scriptures (or reality), even if you think that it does. Which is why there are warnings in the New Testament against Christians hardening their hearts against God in rebellion and not repenting, with the consequences for doing so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Which is why there are warnings in the New Testament against Christians hardening their hearts against God in rebellion and not repenting, with the consequences for doing so.

People who indeed love God cannot do such things. These warnings are for those who do not love God.

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7

What we see today is that many people say "I love God" and they do not.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
    You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:15-16

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

People who indeed love God cannot do such things. These warnings are for those who do not love God.

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7

What we see today is that many people say "I love God" and they do not.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
    You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:15-16

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

"Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me." (John 14:21)

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love..." (John 15:10)

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. (1 John 5:2,3)

...In the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money...not loving good...lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God... (2 Timothy 3:1-4)

...People will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed. (1 Corinthians 16:22)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/15/2018 at 11:47 PM, Wayne222 said:

I believe the commandments of the new testament is based on grace. The commandments of the old testament is based on works. That if you do them then your righteous before God. But in the new testament  your righteousness is based on grace through faith. 

We have a righteous standing before God because Jesus died for us instead of us facing the wrath of God. So we are indeed righteous by Jesus. 

Now we can walk in his commandments given to us to walk in love. We dont have to keep the commandments given to us to make ourselves right before God. Because we are already in a righteous standing.  But we walk in his commandments to fellowship in truth and in the light. If we are not walking in the light then our fellowship is broken.  

Let's love one another and put sin out of our lives to please God. Them we will bear fruit

Agree with what you said brother.  Just that I think we sometimes might have the impression that because righteousness is imputed to us, that we automatically will always walk righteously in a perfect way.  However, that is not the case, we have to learn and be discipled to walk righteously and everyone is in a different place in their learning and keeping of His words.  Hence teaching and reminding is necessary, and we need to keep holding up the beacon of His light, the plumbline of His word, and walking towards it, so that we learn what pleases the Lord and seek from Him to get hold of it in our lives personally.  It is not to bash those who are coming up short, because we all come up short in one way or another, different levels of maturity etc.....but it is meant to provoke and inspire and encourage us all to keep on the upward climb, keep seeking righteousness, receiving strength and encouragement for the journey.  And it IS a journey, a pilgrimage for which we need patience....example, how often have we read a particular verse of scripture but weren't ready to understand and receive it, until further along the way, it finally became life to us and found entrance into our heart.  We receive enough oil to get us started, but then the extra oil has to be bought along the way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

I very much wish that were true, but unfortunately it is not. That 'simple theology' does not agree with the Scriptures (or reality), even if you think that it does. Which is why there are warnings in the New Testament against Christians hardening their hearts against God in rebellion and not repenting, with the consequences for doing so.

You don't know what born again means. The seed of God is in a Born again person. S new nature. He causes us to walk in his ways. You cannot understand this. Frienduff and the others cannot get this spiritual truth.  He who has the son has life. Eternal life. Please read the scripture more carefully. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

You don't know what born again means. The seed of God is in a Born again person. S new nature. He causes us to walk in his ways. You cannot understand this. Frienduff and the others cannot get this spiritual truth.  He who has the son has life. Eternal life. Please read the scripture more carefully. 

You seriously want to believe this .   I KNOW THIS wayne .   I have said all along its all by grace , its all by his power .

Lets cease fire with false assumptions .    Just cause  a man is grave , serious and warns don't mean he is lost wayen.      

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

You never came against me till I warned out against that catholic religion and how dangerous it is.   That is when you began to see me as the enemy wayne.

You know it and I know it .    We had agreed , we had even exchanged emails.  but the more I warned against rome the more you began to come against me .

the rest you now just misunderstand .    Many letters , me and others have constantly said its by grace alone .   But you either don't read that

or your mind is so made up , you just aint seeing it .    Now please ,   stop with false assumptions .   

I am telling you I KNOW its soley by grace we are saved, by grace we are kept , by his power alone , 

that we must be born again .   That its in HIM we have the new desire , the new heart .     So from now on stop accusing me falsely.

IF you don't like how grave I am .    THEN attack that .  but stop with the false hoods about me .    I am saying it loud and clear .  WE must be born again

HE causes us to walk in his ways,    That the seed of GOD IS IN a born again person.   SO YEAH we already know this .    

So at least come after me for being grave or serious and warning .   But don't falsely assume .   that will get us no where .  IF you keep on

accusing people of something they aint guilty of , and even when they come and say they agree ,   HOW on earth is anything ever going to get solved or fixed .   it wont . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Frienduff and the others cannot get this spiritual truth.

We know this, but the carnal people do not understand this.

And what happens if we convince carnal people they are born again?! It is what we are seeing nowadays.

50 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

SO YEAH we already know this .

The problem is that when people exhort and call to be holy people seem offended. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THAT?!

I would seriously prefer that someone die worried for their salvation being saved, then to think they are saved and find a big unexpected surprise in that Day.

"but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,”
    lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." - Hebrews 3:13

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I think you are sincere Wayne, but it sounds like you may be misunderstanding what is being said.  The seed has to grow so that it can bear fruit, and it needs the water of the word in order to do that.  Jesus showing and teaching what that fruit would look like.....His word needs to be preached and taught so that seed can see where it is going....the mark of the prize of the high calling.

• Thanks 1