cag7800

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I believe Jimmy should have stepped down and done what the AoG asked him too-pride is his problem not the AoG's-they did not try to sweep his sin under the rug-but basically asked him to show fruit of repentance. I'm glad to say they took his credentials away-I would have been ashamed had they done anything else under the circumstances.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe all would be forgiven and forgotten except for one thing. People remember that at the same time James was pointing his finger at the TV screen and judging Jim Baker, he was still seeing prostitutes on the side.

If he would publicly apologise to Jim Baker(who was no angel himself but did the time,) I believe he would be totally restored and have a truly liberated ministry.

I wonder which is more serious, his obviously displayed weaknesses or the current stuff we see in the church today, like $1000. prayer shawls, $1000., $500., $100.,$50.00 and $20. offering lines. DVD's, CD's videos, $10,000.cruise's with the latest flavour.

I think its time for someone to come and kick out the money changers from the court yard.

On the other side of the coin, if the church at large didn't tolerate it, this display wouldn't be in front of us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

jimmy swaggart did say he was sorry..as for the aog,i've been with them 22 yrs..i take the good and leave the rest behind..the aog needs to apolize to him for telling missionary to tell others not to go to his crusades in the third world countries. and the aog did not take his crednials away he gave them up when they acted like pharisees and put law above the bible,if it had been in the bible for him to do so he would have,by the way his son donnie preaches at several aog churchs.jimmy swaggart has been forgiven and i betcha his ministry will grow again by leaps and bounds

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The only difference between jimmy swaggart and the rest of us is Jimmy got caught in his sin. Ok, everybody who has sinned please step down.

Oh, where are all the preachers?

On the other hand, to whom much is given, much is expected.

Corinthians 9:14 Even so has the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done to me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid on me; yes, woe is to me, if I preach not the gospel!