• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Guys, I wanted to try to sum up exactly what I think the problem is. You may embrace it, reject it, or ignore it, it is all up to each one reading these words, and is between you and the Lord. 

I was drawn by the first sentence of Friemduff’s  last post. In it, he said this:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.”

Is this not where most true Christians find themselves? Is this not the classic Romans 7 dilemma? We want to do good. We want to avoid sin. But no matter how we try, some arrows definitely get through.

I think we all believe the Bible is God’s Word, and Paul tells us clearly that we who are His are no more in the flesh and owe it nothing. We are promised that sin shall not have dominion over us, for we have been given shields of faith that will quench all the arrows. ALL.  God promises full and complete victory over the world that tugs at all of us, our flesh that likes on occasion to act up, and the devil who is ultimately behind all of it. 

And if we identify with Frienduff’s statement, rhe  question that first needs to be answered is “Why?”. If those promises are true, and God cannot lie, then what gives? It seems it leaves us with one of two choices. 

1) There is no doubt that we still live in our fleshly bodies, and will so until we meet the Lord and are given new ones. But coupling that with Paul’s statement above, we have a problem for  we are saying that a part of us is still the old nature. Given that we are told very clearly that it is no more we that live, but Christ who liveth  in us, given that we are told that we are dead and and our life is hid with Christ in God, then if this is our position, we have a real conflict we cannot resolve. Jesus tells us clearly that a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. CANNOT. He never tells us to eliminate the bad fruit. He tells us to make our tree good! So we see that this first option simply cannot be true. We cannot be part old nature and part new nature. The whole premise of the black dog and the whites dog fighting within us must be false. 

2) The second option is simply wonderful once a believer gets a hold of it. We all get tempted. None are exempt. But temptation is not sin, is it? Yielding ourselves to it is. And what  does our God tell us about our times of being tempted? He clearly tells us that He will not let any temptation take us that we cannot get through without caving. And moreover, He promises to make a way of escape so that we will be able to bear it. ... without falling.

So, as children of God who have been clearly told we, right now, today, this very second, possess new natures, and that the old us is dead, gone, out of the picture, and our new natures  love righteousness and hate sin, then only one conclusion is left as to why at times arrows get through to us, causing us to do things we hate.

And what is that one thing? Our shield is simply too small! You see, the walk God has for each one of us is a walk of faith, faith that is ever increasing. When we believe that we really are new creatures and finally realize that there is no traitor inside us, no part of us that wants to rebel against our God, then the only way an arrow gets through is for ONE reason.... unbelief. 

If we slip, we no longer resolve to do better next time. We will not. Many, in fact, most of us, battle the same sins over and over, amen? How many times have we resolved to do better the next time, and yet fail again. Could it be that we are  going about this all wrong? 

Look. These facts are carved in stone for every single child of God. 

We died when Christ died. Our old nature is DEAD. 

We rose again to newness of life when Christ was resurrected. Our new nature is who we are NOW

So if these be true, and we have made our trees good by agreeing with these two truths, then the only remaining explanation as to why arrows still find their mark is that our faith is small and needs to grow. Trying harder will not increase our faith. Reasoning that we are only human and we will never really walk in victory in this life will not increase our faith. So if we find ourselves slipping again to sins we hate, what do we do? We repent, of course, and dust ourselves off. We get up, and what do we do? We again declare the truth as to who we are! We immediately grab our shield of faith and hold it up against Satan, confessing who we are and what God has promised us. 

Satan is not after a Christian just sinning. He is after something much bigger, our faith. When we stand fast as to who we are, it is a game changer. We have finally truly entered our “good fight of faith”. We are in the land of promise, having ceased from our own labors, and there are enemies there who must be driven out. Everything we do is to be by faith. We stand by faith. We abide by faith, we overcome by faith. And so, if ... IF, not WHEN, we slip, we confess our sin, we repent of it, and then we correct the real reason why the arrow found its mark. We confess our lack of faith in His  keeping power and ask Him to increase it! And glory to God, He does just that!

As long as we have fleshly bodies, we will have temptations. But we are told, are we not, that we can count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations? Why? Because the trying of our faith produces GROWTH of our faith! When we first choose to believe, like toddlers learning to walk, we slip and fall... perhaps often. It changes nothing. We are new creatures! And our  Heavenly Father, like a doting parent, urges us to pick ourselves up and go at it again, because He knows we we walk, and then run and falling will be a distant memory..

And what happens each time we mess up and yet refuse to lower our shields? Our shields of protection grow!. And if we continue this long enough, what is the end result? We become “established in the faith” and find we are unshakeable. Can we sin? As long as we are still in these bodies, yes. But WILL we sin? No. We have come to the point we are kept fully by the power of God through faith!

I pray you do not think I am accusing any here of being second class saints. What Cod has showed me is simply because I was far more needful than any here. My sole goal is to expose satan’s lies that have robbed us of the enjoyment of what is rightfully ours... victory over the world, the flesh and the devil.

When we finally consent to agree with God that we really are new natured children, with no Part dark, even if outwardly we do not look or feel new, to our joy and amazement we will discover that combining OUR testimony with the precious blood of our Savior Jesus Christ immediately changes us from Romans 7 saints to Roman 8 saints, and overcoming, our birthright,  becomes our possession., where NO arrows get through. Glory to God! 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

I was drawn by the first sentence of Friemduff’s  last post. In it, he said this:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts

And I was quoating NOT ME.    That line belonged to him .    I was just saying let not the story end on that note.

Let me ask this .   Was paul fantasizing when he said IF you follow the SPIRIT you WONT fulfill the lusts of the flesh .   NO sirs and no mams.

But if we cannot believe that all things are possible ONLY IN CHRIST,  but in HIM they are possible.   WE DOOMED , WE LIMIT the POWER OF THE HOLY ONE .

Now may this sink in , to the souls who teach we are powerless to evil .      Let it sink in .  IF , WHEN ,  WE BELEIVE all things are possible

IN CHRIST ,  key word IN CHRIST not ourselves , BUT IN CHRIST ............................KAMBAM  BEHOLD the life changing POWER of the LORD .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts

And I was quoating NOT ME.    That line belonged to him .    I was just saying let not the story end on that note.

Let me ask this .   Was paul fantasizing when he said IF you follow the SPIRIT you WONT fulfill the lusts of the flesh .   NO sirs and no mams.

But if we cannot believe that all things are possible ONLY IN CHRIST,  but in HIM they are possible.   WE DOOMED , WE LIMIT the POWER OF THE HOLY ONE .

Now may this sink in , to the souls who teach we are powerless to evil .      Let it sink in .  IF , WHEN ,  WE BELEIVE all things are possible

IN CHRIST ,  key word IN CHRIST not ourselves , BUT IN CHRIST ............................KAMBAM  BEHOLD the life changing POWER of the LORD .  

Brother, I think we are in agreement. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill

Just now, Gideon said:

Brother, I think we are in agreement. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

As the RAIN has always been poured since Pentecost .     What scares the daylights out of the children, peoples and even barnyard animals

IS how you describe the falling away to mean falling towards Christ .    Now that is flat out wrong.  and has to be changed .   

It contradicts JESUS .   He never said anything about some end time love increasing .  fact is he said the opposite ,   massive false prophets , massive ice cold

massive deceptions , a massive persecution .    Kenneth Copeland said something real scary   when he was giving his lil unity with rome speech .

He was selling unity under a wacked out love version .     He was selling unity with ROME , under the banner that the churches have been known

for their protests , strifes , but not for how WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER .      Sounds good if you had no idea what his goal is and what he is implying .

AND HIMS not the only one pushing this approach ,  MASSIVE numbers are .

And Gideon.     YOU said those words .   Scary Gideon ,  very scary .     Cause Kenneth is talking about this big holyghost and fire

that is coming THIS very year , he and others are ,  and they talking about how we wont even have to say a word

to draw folks ,  how they will see how we just love one another and , Gideon , YOU said something just like this ,   they will just be able to come into our churches

and we wont have to say a word , they will just experience this and come to Christ.  GIDOEN ,    you better change your speech .

Cause me eyes are on you .   I aint accusing you of anything .  OH but worried my soul for you is my young friend .   

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.”

Yes indeed this is my statement and I deliberately worded it this way.  I know there would be focus on it and I gave my explanation in the verses that follow.  

You see then, what you may consider sin I may not and vice versa.   So then let's make a list, define each and show why .  It is the recognition that our sins are paid for already and yes we are to heed scripture and all the warnings and admonitions to do good and follow after righteousness.   At the end of the day, each have to analyze his own heart as no man can do that for you and see where the dross are.  With outward manifestations, it can be recognize, but the so called pious can walk in the crowd and still have the lust and hate ect. that is only known to him.  

It is nothing new, the scripture has been here for eons and it is up t o each man to work out his salvation with fear and  trembling as it is him and him alone that will at the Bema seat.  If men come saying they have been given revelations about things, then questions must be asked. There have been too many wolves in sheep clothing and it does not cease as scripture said there would be.    

Writing can be misconstrued in deep ways, this also is why there is so much back and forth on a forum.  Maybe, to construct a proper dialogue here about the topic, a definition of sin and how it works in a believers life should be outlined and explained first.

Definitely, sin should not have dominion on the believer life , but are we in our glorified bodies now.  Now then what is this glorification and when does it takes place.   

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:
10 hours ago, warrior12 said:

There are lots of advice and situations being presented on this forum

Yes, but what prevails is the Word. The Word is God. The Word said through the Apostle Paul: (1Cor.13:9-10&2Cor.10:v.17-18) 

You have to put things in context sir. You should have quoted the entire paragraph of my statement.  Scripture speaks for itself and i cannot improve or add to it. I can reply with a whole bunch myself, but it is not a game I am willing to play.  see below what I said and you should have quoted. 

"Please explain what you mean by "innerward directed" ?.     There are lots of advice and situations being presented on this forum and you can participate just like any other with your contribution.  Encouragement to press on with the faith and to stay on the straight and narrow pathways is always welcomed by myself, but hearsay and conjectures  has to be weighted with utmost caution.  Thanks for your thoughts though."

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Please explain what you mean by "innerward directed" ?.     There are lots of advice and situations being presented on this forum and you can participate just like any other with your contribution.  Encouragement to press on with the faith and to stay on the straight and narrow pathways is always welcomed by myself, but hearsay and conjectures  has to be weighted with utmost caution.  Thanks for your thoughts though.

You know. When one offers up prayer , I sure hope they mean what they say and is sure of whom they are calling upon. I point my prayers  to Jesus Christ, whom has said no man can come to the father, but through me [Jesus].  

Hi, no disrespect or ill intent was intended. I only meant it as listening to one personal relationship with Christ. Which is what is meant in scripture when it says "those that are lead by the Spirit of God are son of God". Which is just using different words for the same thought.

much love in Christ, Not me

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.

For everyone IS tempted by the evil flesh we live in .     But let the story not end their .     FOR we have  a great high priest in the heavens

who was tempted in all points , YET without SIN and HE is able to succor, give aide to overcome it ,   us through every temptation.

That GOD indeed does give us a way out ,   and the way out IS IN THE SON .  That if we heed The SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Let one never teach a sermon that ever once allows one to feel as though the they are a slave to sin, but rather THAT in JESUS CHRIST alone

all things are possible to he or she WHO believes .    The thing today is that while most teach some truth , by admitting that we , our flesh ,  is wicked evil

they stop short and say THUS we cannot overcome its evils,  but a deadly snare this is .    Instead POINT to the ONE who by HIS SPIRIT

by our faith IN HIM , WHO SAID WHO EVER Believes in me shall know the TRUTH and the truth shall make them FREE.

And this too is why its very necessary to be grave against error .    NOW ONWARD into the trenches shall the people go,  having no fear

of man ,  having no give up attitude,   FOR GOD is with those who are HIS and IN HIM, by the SPIRIT through our faith in HIM and HE ALONE

all things are possible to he or she who believes .    FORWARD march .  

I see some real wisdom in your writings. That the Body of Christ would come to know what these words mean by experience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

No man can teach you those truths I mentioned as well. They all have to be revealed to us by His Spirit through His Word.

Yet you say, " All that has been said is something that no man can teach you." ..so why are you so persistent in trying to teach us if no man' can teach us?

It's as if you think you have a secret truth of Scripture that only special ones close to God can teach us carnal Christians. News flash, I have learned of that truth esp Gal 2:20 long long ago and am still learning of it.

Hello, I believe there's been a couple of misunderstandings;   I don't believe I ever said that I was trying to teach anybody. What I have said was to go to God that you/anybody might find out if there was any truth(s) in the things that were written.  Again;  "It's as if you think you have a secret truth of Scripture that only special ones close to God can teach us carnal Christians. " I sorry that you feel this way, there was never any intent of the heart for this.

That being said, on to the main point; 

You wrote: "No man can teach you those truths I mentioned as well. They all have to be revealed to us by His Spirit through His Word." This is absolutely correct. The truths you mentioned all have to be learned by experience, as all truths of Scripture do. Including the ones that were brought forth by Gideon and myself.

You also wrote:  "News flash, I have learned of that truth esp Gal 2:20 long long ago and am still learning of it." Praise God!!, you know this truth. As you say you've learned them long ago. Than you are walking and living a victorious Christian life. For the "fruit" of knowing these Scriptures "by experience" is living a victorious Christian life. That is the proof of knowing them by experience. Just like, not living a victorious Christian life, is proof of not knowing them by experience. 

But than you might say, that I'm saying that I live a "perfect sinless life."  I am saying, no more or less, than Paul did, when he said in Corinthians "I know nothing against myself, but that doesn't justify me. It is the Lord that examines me." Meaning, that Paul was not conscious of any sins, but just because he wasn't conscious of any, didn't mean he didn't have any, that the Lord only knew.  For this statement is the proof that someone knows by experience, what it means to be "dead in Christ and alive onto God."

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

As the RAIN has always been poured since Pentecost .     What scares the daylights out of the children, peoples and even barnyard animals

IS how you describe the falling away to mean falling towards Christ .    Now that is flat out wrong.  and has to be changed .   

It contradicts JESUS .   He never said anything about some end time love increasing .  fact is he said the opposite ,   massive false prophets , massive ice cold

massive deceptions , a massive persecution .    Kenneth Copeland said something real scary   when he was giving his lil unity with rome speech .

He was selling unity under a wacked out love version .     He was selling unity with ROME , under the banner that the churches have been known

for their protests , strifes , but not for how WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER .      Sounds good if you had no idea what his goal is and what he is implying .

AND HIMS not the only one pushing this approach ,  MASSIVE numbers are .

And Gideon.     YOU said those words .   Scary Gideon ,  very scary .     Cause Kenneth is talking about this big holyghost and fire

that is coming THIS very year , he and others are ,  and they talking about how we wont even have to say a word

to draw folks ,  how they will see how we just love one another and , Gideon , YOU said something just like this ,   they will just be able to come into our churches

and we wont have to say a word , they will just experience this and come to Christ.  GIDOEN ,    you better change your speech .

Cause me eyes are on you .   I aint accusing you of anything .  OH but worried my soul for you is my young friend .   

Forgive my confusion. Where did you get that I said the falling away is falling towards Christ? 

Yes, evil men shall wax worse and worse, and many shall be led away by false prophets. But God has spoken clearly that “the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall be sanctified IN you, before their very eyes.”. Do you believe this has already happened? The world is not impressed with positional holiness that cannot penetrate down deep in our hearts so that our actions can match. What this speaks of is a visible event.

Can we really say that we see no difference between the church of the book of Acts and the church today?  500+ denominations, all convinced their take on truth is THE right one?  Where are those marveling at is, saying “Behold how they love one another!” Where are the men, who in fear of the church, shout out “Those who have turned the whole world upside down have come hear also!”

I have said it before, but our coming awakening will happen to both the wheat and tares alike. Those who love the darkness and refuse to let Jesus truly reign over them to free them from the darkness that resides in them, will go completely dark as the deception grows. But praise God, those who love the light found only on Jesus, will come to the light, and light their lamps and BE light in the Lord. They will walk in real victory just as He promised us, over the world, their fleshly nature and the devil himself. No more will we be overcome by evil, but will will overcome evil with goodness .... that is IN US. No more will we be healed only slightly. Full, complete healing of the darkness that once was an accepted part of our take on Christianity.

There will be no gap between our lives and our beliefs. It is this gap that has given those in the world reason to ignore us as “just another religion”. But when Jesus, who is our light, shines through us as the noonday sun, many destined to make Heaven their eternal home will run to Jesus and be saved, because they will finally be able to see Him in us! 

And what will men say when they finally see Christ in us? They will say  “Look! That which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the garden of Eden! ”. We can believe it. We can deny it. Again, it changes nothing. I pray you receive these words in the spirit with which they are intendedMuch love to you my brother.

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

Forgive my confusion. Where did you get that I said the falling away is falling towards Christ? 

Yes, evil men shall wax worse and worse, and many shall be led away by false prophets. But God has spoken clearly that “the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall be sanctified IN you, before their very eyes.”. Do you believe this has already happened? The world is not impressed with positional holiness that cannot penetrate down deep in our hearts so that our actions can match. What this speaks of is a visible event.

Can we really say that we see no difference between the church of the book of Acts and the church today?  500+ denominations, all convinced their take on truth is THE right one?  Where are those marveling at is, saying “Behold how they love one another!” Where are the men, who in fear of the church, shout out “Those who have turned the whole world upside down have come hear also!”

I have said it before, but our coming awakening will happen to both the wheat and tares alike. Those who love the darkness and refuse to let Jesus truly reign over them to free them from the darkness that resides in them, will go completely dark as the deception grows. But praise God, those who love the light found only on Jesus, will come to the light, and light their lamps and BE light in the Lord. They will walk in real victory just as He promised us, over the world, their fleshly nature and the devil himself. No more will we be overcome by evil, but will will overcome evil with goodness .... that is IN US. No more will we be healed only slightly. Full, complete healing of the darkness that once was an accepted part of our take on Christianity.

There will be no gap between our lives and our beliefs. It is this gap that has given those in the world reason to ignore us as “just another religion”. But when Jesus, who is our light, shines through us as the noonday sun, many destined to make Heaven their eternal home will run to Jesus and be saved, because they will finally be able to see Him in us! 

And what will men say when they finally see Christ in us? They will say  “Look! That which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the garden of Eden! ”. We can believe it. We can deny it. Again, it changes nothing. I pray you receive these words in the spirit with which they are intendedMuch love to you my brother.

Gideon

Gideon.   This will not be as you think.     EITHER WE are of HIM NOW and its the GOSPLE preached , and either they receive it or not .

A HINT to our losts souls like Kenneth Copeland that pope and rick warren and TODD WHITE .
AND EMGERGENT the unity ones and false love ones .     HERE is THIER HINT ..............HEY FELLAS instead of trying to shut down truths which ya claim divides

and instead of preaching an all inclusive gospel and love fling ,  and SILENT WITNESSS stuff, and hyper ideas about some coming big move of the HOLY GHOST ,

And trying to shut down the TRUE gospel cause that offends ,     GET OUT the way false churches of unity,   cause what I am going to preach WILL OFFEND

and it will  cause divisions , but to all who receives the ONLY GOSPLE that saves ,  IT DOES save.

I don't live in that fairy tale false love hype they selling about unity and so on .  Its a sham , a joke and wicked to the core.

JESUS said preach the GOSPLE , which means word of mouth ,  and if they receive it they will be saved .    I aint here to promote some kind of end time

THEY will see Christ by our love Kenneth approach ,  those men are a sham and sell outs .   IF that sounds harsh ,   ya aint heard squat from me yet .

I am going to expose their wicked lie of satan for what it is.    WE don't gather under some love spell with ROME or any period .   WE preach JESUS

and if they reject it , we move on and if they receive it , we sing songs of joy .    Right now I really need to hear

you agree with me that the emergent church is of satan ,   its concepts are of satan , so is todd white ,  the prosperity gospel preachers

the kenneys and the rick warrens and the pope , this all inclusive false love is a sham .    You agree with that ,   I might feel a lot better. 

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Gideon.   This will not be as you think.     EITHER WE are of HIM NOW and its the GOSPLE preached , and either they receive it or not .

A HINT to our losts souls like Kenneth Copeland that pope and rick warren and TODD WHITE .
AND EMGERGENT the unity ones and false love ones .     HERE is THIER HINT ..............HEY FELLAS instead of trying to shut down truths which ya claim divides

and instead of preaching an all inclusive gospel and love fling ,  and SILENT WITNESSS stuff, and hyper ideas about some coming big move of the HOLY GHOST ,

And trying to shut down the TRUE gospel cause that offends ,     GET OUT the way false churches of unity,   cause what I am going to preach WILL OFFEND

and it will  cause divisions , but to all who receives the ONLY GOSPLE that saves ,  IT DOES save.

I don't live in that fairy tale false love hype they selling about unity and so on .  Its a sham , a joke and wicked to the core.

JESUS said preach the GOSPLE , which means word of mouth ,  and if they receive it they will be saved .    I aint here to promote some kind of end time

THEY will see Christ by our love Kenneth approach ,  those men are a sham and sell outs .   IF that sounds harsh ,   ya aint heard squat from me yet .

I am going to expose their wicked lie of satan for what it is.    WE don't gather under some love spell with ROME or any period .   WE preach JESUS

and if they reject it , we move on and if they receive it , we sing songs of joy .    Right now I really need to hear

you agree with me that the emergent church is of satan ,   its concepts are of satan , so is todd white ,  the prosperity gospel preachers

the kenneys and the rick warrens and the pope , this all inclusive false love is a sham .    You agree with that ,   I might feel a lot better. 

I agree with ALL my heart. We are not enemies. But make no mistake, God’s true sheep WILL indeed be able to love one another as Christ loved us, and love God with all their hearts, something we have never been able to do before these final days. 

But the false church that has drawn those who love the deception, who elevate men to God status, will be swept up into the darkness, lest they repent of their evil hearts and their using God to advance THEIR kingdoms. 

If you think I am a part of them, and preach the same message they preach, you may rest assured, that is not me, not even close. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • Praise God! 1