• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I am so optimistic about the land America. It will be great again. Yes a political slogan, I know, but a real sea change is underway, and with it there is also a hard undertow that tries to suck one out to sea to drown. 

This is not time to be like a jelly fish  floating this way and that on the tides, then being washed up like a jelly fish on a beach to dry out and die only to be  pulled dead of ambitions and goals out into the seas again to be  consumed by the lower life forms of this planet.

It is time to hear of our Lord, to listen to the Holy Spirit, to work in the fields of harvest, and to cast nets on the seas. There are many fields for harvest and schools of fish in the seas, physical as well as spiritual. Saints can both prosper and share of physical gains as well as their spiritual awareness that our Lord is coming. This is not a time of woe, not a time to lament, but instead it is a grand  time of the signs, all of which  may be used to motivate and prosper the spread of the gospel of Jesus even as the flesh is prospered by hard work. 

Some individuals do seem to be like jelly fish that will float along, tentacles gathering up worries of the day for the sharing of tomorrow, to share with all that will listen as to why all should shudder and shrivel away. Unfortunately they will idle away their allotted time as they float along and worry. They will play computer games and text each other of their latest doings or floating direction. All the while there is the far greater opportuity  for those that will grow fins, scan the horizon, set a course for themselves to follow as the Holy Spirit guides them, and to also keep an eye upward.

Hopefully many will see that now is a time for doing, a time to be about the business of our Lord's Father, doing so in the name of the son, and a time to prosper in love of the opportunity before all of us. Be about working, train the muscles and the mind and gain  in the spirit too.  It is possible to do it all, prospering, even financially as well as spiritually, while also doing so to the glory of God.

"One nation under God with liberty and justice for all." 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

The bible says it costs us everything to follow Christ.  Remember the one who found the pearl of great price and buried it in a field...and then went and sold everything he had to buy it.  But what is this sea change you are seeing Neighbour?  Do you mean spiritually or materially....?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

The Bible states many things, each of which when isolated from it's overall context may be used to justify most any precept desired.

The Bible also says: May I not be so poor as to resent God nor so rich as to not need God.  

It tells of the servant that was scolded for not investing, and the blessing to one that did well taking financial risk. One can turn all things into allegory if they so desire, but I tend to think all most all if not all may be literally applied.

The Bible speaks of a man that denied the call of Jesus with the excuse that he needed to first tend to his father's estate for his own benefit, even before his father had died. Jesus rebuked him severely, but does that mean no one is to have plans for inheritance, even when the Bible uses inheritance as a constant standard benefit of life both physical and spiritual?

I buy into neither the prosperity gospel, nor the  constant naysaying  by people that (in my opinion) simply seek out misery as their company rather than get to working to better themselves, and to be better able to share of gain for the greater good to the glory of God.

I see no glory to God in his servants being financially destitute and sitting around feeling glum about it.

The sea change is occurring locally and nationally  in spirit that manifests into physical benefit. The attitude of a few,  hopefully Christian, leaders the unlikeliest that God uses to confound the wise seem to be causing a huge turnaround, a great sea swell of optimism where pessimissim and defeatism has ruled for  almost a decade.

Yet I still  read of laments galore and of poverty from individuals that strangely have time to devote to sitting and messaging out their despair for others to share and echo. 

Then I look around and read of what is happening across this land America and I become very enthused at the opportunity  there is for those that  go to work not worrying about their sense of pride, nor their demand for fairness. They  just go to work and then show value in their efforts.

I see it at the local body of Christ where God has lead me to be for two decades now.

I just recently retired at age 74 as God finally led me to do, and I see new young blood pick up and do with greater energy than is left in this old body the tasks God has placed for them to do for the fellow saints at the local body, each saint helping the others.

I see resurgence in commerce, I see our own local saints in Christ Jesus having to turn down work as they are so busy already that they cannot take on any more for months and months to come. I see work that goes without workers, and I see employers having to change how they gain and keep employees, and I am encouraged that  in this there will be fewer so poor they resent God and perhaps fewer with so much excess that they will have no need of Him.

I also wonder and try to find what I may do with this presently broken body that may be of benefit at least to myself so that I do not become a burden, but also that I  might be productive too. I pray that the Holy Spirit will lead me.

I do see this as the time of the signs! But to me it seems that the signs are pointing out how to go about doing things that are to be done, all to the glory of God.

It is not a time to flee and hide and chatter  teeth in anguish. It is  a time of great opportunity. Opportunity is all about, sharing the eternal blessing to us from God by way of the shed blood of Jesus. Better to be found in the fields of the harvest and standing the post assigned by Jesus through the Holy Spirit than it is to be  cowering doing nothing good for anyone including ones self.

That is what I see. And I kinda like these rose colored hues as I trust in God for the provisions of this day and if there is tomorrrow for me then also for tomorrow once it comes. I only urge, if I can, others to try to see what is best for them and for them to not listen long to the naysayers  the little anti-Christs seeking company for their own misery.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

Your post reminded me of the Jubilees that brothers are meant to still honor.

The 7 year Jubilee for personal debts and bond servants, plus the 7th year of the resting soil that after 6 years of hard toil gets to recoupe its energy and become nourished by the sabbath.

Good things are around the corner (some will and do say things will have to get worse before they can get good again...) 

The LORD is ever patient to his children:

Righteous are You, O Lord, that I would plead my case with You;
Indeed I would discuss matters of justice with You:
Why has the way of the wicked prospered?
Why are all those who deal in treachery at ease?
You have planted them, they have also taken root;
They grow, they have even produced fruit.
You are near [a]to their lips
But far from their [b]mind.
But You know me, O Lord;
You see me;
And You examine my heart’s attitudetoward You.
Drag them off like sheep for the slaughter
And [c]set them apart for a day of carnage!
How long is the land to mourn
And the vegetation of the countryside to wither?
For the wickedness of those who dwell in it,
Animals and birds have been snatched away,
Because men have said, “He will not see our latter ending.”

“If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out,
Then how can you compete with horses?
If you fall down in a land of peace,
How will you do in the [d]thicket of the Jordan?
“For even your brothers and the household of your father,
Even they have dealt treacherously with you,
Even they have cried aloud after you.
Do not believe them, although they may say nice things to you.”

God’s Answer

“I have forsaken My house,
I have abandoned My inheritance;
I have given the beloved of My soul
Into the hand of her enemies.
“My inheritance has become to Me
Like a lion in the forest;
She has [e]roared against Me;
Therefore I have come to hate her.
“Is My inheritance like a speckled bird of prey to Me?
Are the birds of prey against her on every side?
Go, gather all the beasts of the field,
Bring them to devour!
10 “Many shepherds have ruined Myvineyard,
They have trampled down My field;
They have made My pleasant field
A desolate wilderness.
11 [f]It has been made a desolation,
Desolate, it mourns [g]before Me;
The whole land has been made desolate,
Because no man lays it to heart.
12 “On all the [h]bare heights in the wilderness
Destroyers have come,
For a sword of the Lord is devouring
From one end of the land even to the[i]other;
There is no peace for [j]anyone.
13 “They have sown wheat and have reaped thorns,
They have strained themselves [k]to no profit.
But be ashamed of your [l]harvest
Because of the fierce anger of theLord.”