• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, Butero said:

Thanks for clearing that up.  When I said we are waiting, that was poorly stated.  I meant we are going about our day to day lives doing what we know to do.  

Here are the words of Jesus that sort of sum it up. 

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:23 

It is a future event, but as well, a NOW event,  for those ready to believe that they really are dead to sin and alive to Him. God will take care of our obedience part, for He is the Potter. We are clay. Our part is to yield ourselves to Him fully, centered on the potter’s wheel. It is not a “work” we have to do, for if it was, we would mess it up, amen? LOL. Our part is to step out in faith and believe Him, that He can do, IN US, what we could never do, change us from the inside out into beautiful vessels fit for His use. 

Blessings, Butero

Gids 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Butero, let me make sure everyone understands that when we first make our profession of faith, it is often accompanied by a “How the heck do I do this? I still feel the same, and I still have the same weaknesses I had previously.” 

We need not fear. Being tempted is NOT sin. All of us come with past baggage and weaknesses. God will sort through all that. That is His job as the potter. Our job is simply to believe with whatever sized faith we may have. It is always just enough. 

And when we are tempted to sin, and we will be, we need to make sure we understand that it is NOT our heart desiring those things, but Satan baiting us to try to extricate our testimony as to who we are back out of our hearts. He does not care if we sin. He is after the real threat, a man or woman established in the faith, who can then shine forth for others to believe as well.

And IF we slip and sin again, it changes NOTHING. We do not go in and out of our new nature. Our faith in this truth may fluctuate, and with it our enjoyment of the safety of our new nature, but the truth that we died already is carved in stone. If we sin again, we repent, we repent as well of the unbelief that caused us to fall, and we get back up and believe again. 

It is almost comical watching how exasperated Satan becomes when he is ready to heap condemnation and hopelessness on us after we may have slipped, only to immediately be met with a raised shield and a testimony of truth. He starts talking in his high voice, madder than heck, knowing now he has an adversary that now has his number. 

This is our good fight of faith we have all been called to. And to what end? That we become established in the truth of who we are in Christ and who He is in us. And when we are finally established, I guess theoretically it may be possible to still slip. We just don’t. We are kept by the power of God through faith! Glory!

blessings, 

Gids