• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

..." Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.  From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John,  and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.  He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their playmates,

“‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
    we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.' "....

Seems to me there are plenty of ways to get beat up, plenty of accusations to receive. The ones that are totally unnecessary are  the ones that come from one's own heart, those falsely accusing self, and then acted out in being mean to self, "meanification". Stop it, instead enjoy what God has made, you. Be thankful to God for you.

Do not become the devil's  senior partner accusing you before he can even get started. Rejoice in the Lord our savior Jesus; and also give yourself a break, you deserve it, even God has thought so. God has loved you  enough to have His son sacrifice by bearing all your faults ( as well as all of mine), all our real sins so that  we might be made holy as He is Holy.

Please don't receive all that God has provided in his great sacrifical love, and then turn around and beat yourself up is being imperfect. Know that God has it all covered for those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The devils way of accusing is telling one ITS TOO LATE for you .   GOD , his way of CONVICTING is putting the fear of GOD in one to cease the error asap .

Let us be very careful in that regard .    The pattern of both warning and encouraging is needed .   The flesh is a monster and to be honest

the way paul and the apostels approached error , Far worked better .     Because it was JESUS pattern .   And by all means JESUS pattern is not just something that works

ITS THE ONLY PATTERN that WILL .    The pattern should not have ever been changed .    By the power of the SPIRIT paul warned and by that same spirit

godly sorrow caused repentance in that man .    If we take sin lightly , if we tell folks and give a false comfort ,   I said false comfort , not real comfort ,

then that pattern wont work .   Every saying JESUS ever said was for the good of the hearer.   But let us be not hearers only deceiving ourselves ,

by the power OF Christ , of the Spirit,  let us be hearers and doers .  That pattern JESUS set and taught the apostels and they kept and taught others , WORKS .

and its the only pattern that does .

• Thumbs Up 1

I never seen that word meanification before .      I thought man neighbor invented a new word .    which is fine .    

Oh my look at the time.    As in ITS LORD PRAISING TIME  .   NOW raise those hands and praise the LORD .

• This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I never seen that word meanification before .      I thought man neighbor invented a new word .    which is fine .    

It is part of my sweet Texas Peach's  vocabulary and wisdom . I just borrowed it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

To echo;  yes grammar program apps and spell check are really helpful aids that might benefit many writers and readers, especially if one wants to have readers that end up understanding what one is trying to communicate.  As to my own Bostonese - sorry.

9 minutes ago, Butero said:

New words are created all the time.  Perhaps yours will catch on.  Rush Limbaugh kept using the word feminazi, and it eventually showed up in a Dictionary.

It has become a telling catch phrase between spouse and myself. A reminder to stop beating ourselves up over issues, and instead to just let a lot of the littler stuff go by the wayside,  and perhaps all of the big stuff too. Being mean to ones self is a severe cruelty too, it is self meanification, a no no that produces little if any good fruit.

It is not mine to submit. Far  as I know it is the phrase of a doctor that was treating a person very dear to me  back when they were suffering a life threatening and unknown disease that had even the CDC involved.  The doctor was trying to help the patient's attitude in order  to get the person to stay in the fight  to live be positive and quit blaming  self for not being able to get up and go about life's work. That person now healed, counsels me by example and in word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

As to my own Bostonese - sorry.

I am originally from the Boston area too.  No reason to murder the king's English! :)